Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Droid
Jun 11, 2012

echronorian posted:

ok that's actually pretty cool although i could like, read a book about the people who actually did all those things without having to pour over little numbers and use my imagination to tie it all together

E,,.,g

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

Manifest posted:

Just play War Thunder. It's free and all you do is dogfight other people in WW2 planes. It kicks rear end.

I have it on ps4. It's cool

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

Full Metal Jackass posted:

how do the tits on the rats look?

I didn't install that mod, but the tits on the Saber Cats are awesome, there's 8 so they're anatomically correct.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

Crow_Rodeo posted:

I didn't install that mod, but the tits on the Saber Cats are awesome, there's 8 so they're anatomically correct.

Hel yae

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

you can kill the pope

Ivan Shitskin
Nov 29, 2002

NiceGuy posted:

doing anything in life is revolting. we should all kill ourselves

Design Spots
Jan 24, 2009

by XyloJW

Parallax Scroll posted:

you can kill the pope

in the old days, popes were dug up and retried for crimes.

shame the tradition ended.

beating up skeletons is my fetish.

Epoxy Bulletin
Sep 7, 2009

delikpate that thing!
Idk op it sounds like your missing out on a lot of top quality computer gaming related memes thanks to your closed-mindedness, I hope you'll reconsider

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
His problem is he doesn't have enough money to reconsider.

Miserable Maid
Apr 22, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
I hate PC gamers that wasn't too play everything with mouse and keyboard. Like, in this very forum I saw guys that wanted to play Dark Souls with the mouse+keys. That's so retarded

"Wtf, I don't want a steering wheel on the car, I want a plane's joystick"

Consoles own. Also you never have to upgrade a console, ever. Just one purchase

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

Crow_Rodeo posted:

His problem is he doesn't have enough money to reconsider.

If it looked worthwhile I would drop the money in a second. I'm rich.

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

gonna need more cheese...australia has a lot of crackers
what's wrong with computer games? you can plug them into a TV and use a controller then it's pretty much the same thing as a console only prettier

was just playing the wolf among us at 3840x2160 downscaled to 1080p at 60fps with vsync while laying in bed with a controller

pc games are alright

The Droid
Jun 11, 2012

Dwarf Fortress

there's also a "in a time before time, I attacked me" floating around

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

cat doter posted:

what's wrong with computer games? you can plug them into a TV and use a controller then it's pretty much the same thing as a console only prettier

was just playing the wolf among us at 3840x2160 downscaled to 1080p at 60fps with vsync while laying in bed with a controller

pc games are alright

If I lugged a computer and TV into the bedroom my wife would probably leave me. Hmm. I guess I could just get rid of her

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

echronorian posted:

If I lugged a computer and TV into the bedroom my wife would probably leave me. Hmm. I guess I could just get rid of her

my computer is at my desk like regular people, it's just connected to the TV at the foot of my bed by an HDMI cable

I just switch inputs from my monitor to my TV if I wanna lay down and play

but if I wanna play something like divinity original sin, which is a keyboard/mouse game, I switch back to the monitor

PCs are basically whatever you want them to be, steam can turn your expensive fancy computer into a fancy console, and there are even micro ATX cases that are the size or maybe even smaller than an xbox one

the idea that PCs are too technically complex or required a desk and mouse and keyboard is just outdated

Design Spots
Jan 24, 2009

by XyloJW

cat doter posted:

my computer is at my desk like regular people, it's just connected to the TV at the foot of my bed by an HDMI cable

I just switch inputs from my monitor to my TV if I wanna lay down and play

but if I wanna play something like divinity original sin, which is a keyboard/mouse game, I switch back to the monitor

PCs are basically whatever you want them to be, steam can turn your expensive fancy computer into a fancy console, and there are even micro ATX cases that are the size or maybe even smaller than an xbox one

the idea that PCs are too technically complex or required a desk and mouse and keyboard is just outdated

i didnt read this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSG2pD-2O2g&list=PL5j_UHBGqdhOxRB3jxnpM-_YZeOFBvUlJ

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

Haha that's not a cat. Tha ks. Forgot what this thread even was or is.

Design Spots
Jan 24, 2009

by XyloJW

echronorian posted:

Haha that's not a cat. Tha ks. Forgot what this thread even was or is.

im eat some french fries then, and burn down this place.

with french fries.

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

can you guys talk about your rig specs?

Helpimscared
Jun 16, 2014

echronorian posted:

im actually revolted by it

But... High quality graphics, more games, steam, and stuff like that.

Also controllers piss me off.

The Droid
Jun 11, 2012

toggle posted:

i bought something from a store and threw the best graphics card i could get in it

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

Helpimscared posted:

But... High quality graphics, more games, steam, and stuff like that.

Also controllers piss me off.
What's your specs

The Droid
Jun 11, 2012

echronorian posted:

What's your specs

i just told you

Helpimscared
Jun 16, 2014

toggle posted:

i7 3770k
8GB RAM
GTX 770

That's the only exiting stuff, nobody cares about hard drives and poo poo

Helpimscared fucked around with this message at 07:49 on Jul 9, 2014

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

toggle posted:

i5 3570k
16gb RAMSIES
AMD R9 290
sweet rear end SSD which matters and is hella fast

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

in crusader kings 2 you can cuck your son

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

A misanthrope posted:

when are they going to make a WW2 game about concentration camps? like you could be a guard or a prisoner and i bet the online multiplayer would be intense

Hasn't that been done yet?

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

it used to really suck until we had steam and now its good

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

Fat Jesus posted:

Hasn't that been done yet?

A quick Google search returned this and oh look it's a PC game http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Holocaust_Tycoon

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

echronorian posted:

A quick Google search returned this and oh look it's a PC game http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Holocaust_Tycoon

Not sure that's actually real. But- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=771pxXhERB4

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
Cool. Gonna play that in bed. It's just the same as real video games.

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam
If playing video games on a computer sounds awful, then perhaps you should get a better set of speakers. Maybe you have a lovely sound card. I hear the Mockingboard is pretty schwai.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Playing games on a computer is the best, OP. THE BEST.

You get to gently caress around with your computer's hardware AND your software, and if you want to use a controller you need to mess around some more with more software (but who wouldn't want to use office productivity software instead of a device made specifically for playing games like some kind of chump?) and you can always greatly improve your game with several anime hair and rebalancing mods. Glorious, glorious mods! You can mimic playing console on a console by Frankensteining up a way to display your computer on a television screen, and you can still feel how jury-rigged it all is, which is THE BEST FEELING. Who wants to just play a game on a console like an idiot when you can spend hours loving around with your game delivery method? CASUAL GAMERS, that's who. We like to ignore all the things we've appropriated whilst looking down our noses at consoles over the years, acknowledging this fact is bad form, shhh.

If you really get into gaming on a computer, you can be like that TotalBiscuit fella and just be a smug insufferable rear end in a top hat, but baby steps, OP!

Babby steps.

Captain Rufus
Sep 16, 2005

CAPTAIN WORD SALAD

OFF MY MEDS AGAIN PLEASE DON'T USE BIG WORDS

UNNECESSARY LINE BREAK

A misanthrope posted:

when are they going to make a WW2 game about concentration camps? like you could be a guard or a prisoner and i bet the online multiplayer would be intense

http://www.worldofspectrum.org/infoseekid.cgi?id=0002125

Here you go. And I think even the shittiest computer can handle it. ( because the Spectrum was rear end you see)

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

that is pretty awesome.

in an early build of The Unreal World you could skin humans and make leather from the skin and make clothes with the leather. i slaughtered a house of people and made human skin clothes and then hid in the house because everyone in the village was trying to kill me but they couldn't get in. i also had a big cottage with a fence all around and spiked pit traps and i'd regularly collect expensive items from the traders that fell in the pits. then i tried to play a recent version last month and really didn't have the patience to do anything but it is a fond memory.

edit: i forgot to say that they took the ability to skin people out of the game at some point. i was a little disappointed

lonesomedwarf fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Jul 10, 2014

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

echronorian posted:

Captain Rufus posted:

http://www.worldofspectrum.org/infoseekid.cgi?id=0002125

Here you go. And I think even the shittiest computer can handle it. ( because the Spectrum was rear end you see)

:godwinning:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

I played Metro: Last Light on my PC maxed out at 60 FPS, I enjoyed it a lot, some of the moments were right out of a movie and the PhysX was incredible and immersive.
I had a great time, I went to my friend's house and sat down to play some Watch_Dogs, immediately upon touching the controller, I started to convulse, then the game loaded and I saw the graphics, and blood began to pour out of my nose, I tried to aim and shoot someone and the cross-hair slid across the x-axis like a turd gliding through my KY jelly smothered rear end in a top hat, immediately my dick became soft and retreated inside me.
My friend desperately grabbed at his phone and started to call 9-11, but it was too late, I had attempted to enter an intersection where there were more than 6 NPCs at once, and the framerate dropped to sub 20 frames, immediately the bones in my neck fractured, and the cartilage inside my body began to melt into a goopy magma that seared my insides.

As you can see OP, I barely survived, the only reason I'm alive today is because they put me on Crysis 3 on a Tri SLI GTX Titan setup at the hospital, and it slowly nursed me back to health.

Some people just can't handle the rigors of console gaming, unfortunately, I was not hard enough, I can only remain a soft and tender pupa in this world of hardcore gaming and videogames.

• Locked thread