Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
im actually revolted by it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bigzak
Aug 15, 2003
im revolted by my own face in the mirror

NiceGuy
Dec 13, 2006

This is my BOOMSTICK
College Slice
doing anything in life is revolting. we should all kill ourselves

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

b..but 60 f..frames and vsync and s..stuff like that!
:goonsay:

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

computers are for doing work

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
i started to play civ 5 on a computer once. seconds later my wife came in and asked to be cucked

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe
sorry about your broken brain

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:
oh look another i hate/i like gbs thread that i will ignore

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

A misanthrope posted:

oh look another i hate/i like gbs thread that i will ignore

thats a shame i like your gifs. im actually really impressed by them

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

echronorian posted:

thats a shame i like your gifs. im actually really impressed by them

aw now you're making me feel bad for being a jerk

i'm sorry for being a jerk in your thread echronorian

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
its ok. its not very good. im just so disgusted.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

echronorian posted:

its ok. its not very good. im just so disgusted.

why are you disgusted by PC gaming, echronorian?

here's an im sorry gif btw

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
i dunno it just seems so gay and terrible and the games all look real bad, like theyre unfinished or for people with imaginations and i just dont have that kind of poo poo going on

Manifest
Jul 7, 2007

HELLO THERE I COME FROM THE FUTURE

echronorian posted:

i dunno it just seems so gay and terrible and the games all look real bad, like theyre unfinished or for people with imaginations and i just dont have that kind of poo poo going on

There are some good ones. My wife isn't even revolted by them. (This wife, the last one was.)

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

Clearly haven't seen EVE, op

FartRomancer.EXE
Jun 26, 2012

BKPR posted:

Clearly haven't seen EYE, op

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
Crusader Kings 2 owns. Haven't really played any other games on the computer, though

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

i stopped playing pc games years ago because i couldn't keep up with hardware demands

now i have money but i'm so used to playing console games i just don't bother

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
Xbone is worse.

They named the 3rd xbox the xbox one

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

Rabid bats are welcome in my home
I got an idea: how about I check the requirements of each game and it's recommended settings against my current hardware and make sure I have everything patched up before playing and then tweak the settings ingame so that it only slightly runs like poo poo instead of totally running like poo poo or how about I just shoot myself irl

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
i find the precipitous increase in the length and crappiness and pretentiousness of video game cutscenes over the past few years to be a source of concern so profound to me personally that i am irl making GBS threads myself all over the place

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

Crow Jane posted:

Crusader Kings 2 owns. Haven't really played any other games on the computer, though

pulled it up on steam and my stomach actually turned over. what is it, a board game? I don't understand what the hell i'm looking at or why i'd want to. I looked up EVE and that rapper Eve came up and the pictures were good, and I forgot about the game. so thanks

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

echronorian posted:

Are you ready for the TWIST ENDING?

The Xbox One is pretty much a neutered Windows-running computer.

Design Spots
Jan 24, 2009

by XyloJW

echronorian posted:

lettuce play monopoly, where you roll in jail to get the money on the board.

you game?

The Droid
Jun 11, 2012

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

echronorian posted:

pulled it up on steam and my stomach actually turned over. what is it, a board game? I don't understand what the hell i'm looking at or why i'd want to. I looked up EVE and that rapper Eve came up and the pictures were good, and I forgot about the game. so thanks

Basically you create a dynasty somewhere in Europe, the Middle East or India and see exactly how wrong things can go for them through inbreeding and succession crises. It rules.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

A misanthrope posted:

i stopped playing pc games years ago because i couldn't keep up with hardware demands

now i have money but i'm so used to playing console games i just don't bother

i bought Sleeping Dogs on steam sale for 4 bucks and its like "okay this game is cool but I wish I was on the couch with the dogs instead of sitting in the office" and then i turn it off, shake my head and say "never again"

BlueChocolate
Jan 4, 2014
i can't wait until they make a game where I can just leave my fat, bloated body and become my character forever

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

wanna play this game on pc

what kind of hardware requirements do you think it has?

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
I dunno OP, my Skyrim install looks prrettttttty sick

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

A misanthrope posted:

wanna play this game on pc

what kind of hardware requirements do you think it has?

gently caress man i dunno will dx7 fly?? those are some fancy shaders. No really I want to play this game hella bad. it's more my pace.

BlueChocolate
Jan 4, 2014
why is game gold harder to earn than real life? urrrghhh!

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

Rabid bats are welcome in my home

Crow_Rodeo posted:

I dunno OP, my Skyrim install looks prrettttttty sick

how do the tits on the rats look?

Hingehead
Nov 24, 2013
Can't play Halo 3 , 4, Reach and ODST on the PC. gently caress PC games. gently caress AWSD!

Design Spots
Jan 24, 2009

by XyloJW

BlueChocolate posted:

i can't wait until they make a game where I can just leave my fat, bloated body and become my character forever

you can fix yourself,

irony.

but hey, walk a few miles a day, wear out your shoes.

the road i'm on, I'm detox tomorrow, alone.

I'll have dreams of invisible demons trying to kill me, and it will be violent.

Most of the stuff in your head is illusions anyways. You can be anything you want, you just have to put forth effort.

The roads we travel aren't really roads, landscaping mostly.

you can't fix a man, but you can make them true.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

Crow Jane posted:

why would you play other games

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

Crow Jane posted:

Basically you create a dynasty somewhere in Europe, the Middle East or India and see exactly how wrong things can go for them through inbreeding and succession crises. It rules.

ok that's actually pretty cool although i could like, read a book about the people who actually did all those things without having to pour over little numbers and use my imagination to tie it all together

Manifest
Jul 7, 2007

HELLO THERE I COME FROM THE FUTURE

echronorian posted:

ok that's actually pretty cool although i could like, read a book about the people who actually did all those things without having to pour over little numbers and use my imagination to tie it all together

Just play War Thunder. It's free and all you do is dogfight other people in WW2 planes. It kicks rear end.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

echronorian posted:

The game links directly to wikipedia, so you can read about the actual historical stuff while playing, if you're so inclined

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

Manifest posted:

Just play War Thunder. It's free and all you do is dogfight other people in WW2 planes. It kicks rear end.

when are they going to make a WW2 game about concentration camps? like you could be a guard or a prisoner and i bet the online multiplayer would be intense

• Locked thread