Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
hey newcomer, ya wanna investigate them there black mountain clan ruins? trust me, it's easy. just try to ignore all the rock monsters that break your weapons and kill you in three hits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

Mung Dynasty posted:

can we just get a regular punk rpg?

vtmb is the closest i can think of but thats goth although i wouldnt mind more goth rpgs either

um excuse me it is GOTHIC-PUNK thank you very much mister

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?

SunAndSpring posted:

hey newcomer, ya wanna investigate them there black mountain clan ruins? trust me, it's easy. just try to ignore all the rock monsters that break your weapons and kill you in three hits.

What's that? More molotovs you say?

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011
i've tried to get into arcanum several times to no avail, but i think it's the sort of game that would be my poo poo if i could get into it. is it okay to just say gently caress it and go magic instead of tech

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
i like encountering three high level wolfs when i leave broken hills for the first time. virgil can handle em with his lovely staff that he misses with all the time.

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Getting into random fights that are way over your level is part of the fun of map travel. Embrace the pain.

PostsYouCanDanceTo
Sep 23, 2005

I once made a halfling with nature magic and defeated everyone by entangling them and stabbing at their ankles. Holy poo poo magic is cheap in this game.

Also, ranged weapons can't critically miss (or at least I've never seen it), so you take Nietzsche's poster child and grab a boomerang for bonus XP with no drawback.

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

So I rolled a throwing tech person, and accidentally gernaded all the non hostiles in the bank in shrouded hills and then got gibbed by Doc. Maybe I should have made more charged rings?

Dec 26, 2012

WanderingMinstrel I posted:

So I rolled a throwing tech person, and accidentally gernaded all the non hostiles in the bank in shrouded hills and then got gibbed by Doc. Maybe I should have made more charged rings?

never dont make more charged rings

Dec 26, 2012

also thats what buying a boomerang is for

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Boomerangs don't explode. They do however hit poo poo in a line which is really good. Do the BMC golem's weapon breaks apply to boomerangs?

Dec 26, 2012

poo poo if i remember, i think i just exploded them to death

PostsYouCanDanceTo
Sep 23, 2005

WanderingMinstrel I posted:

Boomerangs don't explode. They do however hit poo poo in a line which is really good. Do the BMC golem's weapon breaks apply to boomerangs?

It's been a while since i've played, but I want to say that boomerangs aren't damaged. They really are like the best weapons in the game.

Dec 26, 2012

arcanum is one of the few games where throwing as a main method of attack is very decent

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Also there's chakrams, so you can be Xena Gernade Princess if you want.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Doomed Purloiner
Jan 4, 2006

The aerial decapitator you get from the Old Blind Master is probably the most powerful weapon in the game.
As for the golems, I just kept a shitload of fine daggers on hand and when one broke I just threw it away. I was playing as a thief so money was meaningless anyway.

• Locked thread