Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Peta

Dear BYOB please help me write my cover letter to the enigmatic yet bewitching force for good under the banner of which I hope to educate the unmotivated young plebs of the city in return for a salary of $0.00 and a handsome living stipend

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SIDS Vicious

make sure you have a bolded, italacized and underlined 36 point font sentence saying "i do not molest children"

verily carefree

Oil Can Boyd posted:

make sure you have a bolded, italacized and underlined 36 point font sentence saying "i do not molest children"

if u dont include this tehy might assume

Peta

I don't want them to think that's what was on my mind when I sought to advertise my best qualities to them via electronic letter, but I'll try to subtly slip it in just in case

Peta

Dear [redacted bcuz this is the Internet forums lol],

I just graduated from Harverd University with a Gpa of 3 and 3 quarters and I'd like to enlist in your teaching corps. (Not a child molester nor have I ever been.)

---

Stuck on the next sentence. Thoughts?

SIDS Vicious

maybe tell them about any weird sexual fetishes or hangups you have, or your favorite extreme sport

verily carefree

just link them to your posting history and submit

GEExCEE

I'm passionate about youth development, and strive every day to drive self improvements in my students, who I would never molest.

shin42k

Remember to include spelling mistakes in complicated words, it shows that you're decisive and can work without reference.

dogcrash truther
your'e doing TFA?

I Dunno

make sure you emphasize you're a reliable worker by making it clear that you will not blow off teaching to use your stipend on drugs

i am he

I thought TFA was bad?

Peta

It's not TFA

Looke

get a god drat job, al

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

To whom it may concern,

Poop fart poop fart doo doo fart pee fart poop

Sincerely,
Poop and Pee Fart

City of Glompton

so from what I have gathered itt, your letter should go something like this:

Dear not-tfa,

I am proud to announce I am applying for the teaching position you offer. You will be happy to note that I am not a child toucher, among my many other fine qualities. Pleases see my attached posting history on the somethingawful forums as proof

I llok forward to hearing from you soon!

Sinsurely,

Peta

deep dish peat moss

Having a generic non-personal cover letter is a good way to get your resume thrown in the trash. Write it from the heart or it's no good.

shin42k

Right it in crayon for that personal touch

cruft

Siluvayne posted:

so from what I have gathered itt, your letter should go something like this:

Dear not-tfa,

I am proud to announce I am applying for the teaching position you offer. You will be happy to note that I am not a child toucher, among my many other fine qualities. Pleases see my attached posting history on the somethingawful forums as proof

I llok forward to hearing from you soon!

Sinsurely,

Peta

She does this sort of thing for a living, you should use this one Peta.

deep dish peat moss

Address the person you're sending it to

A paragraph stating your intent and covering relevant work/education history and applicable hobbies and interests

A paragraph about why you want the position and why your hobbies and work history make you the ideal candidate

A closing paragraph thanking the reviewer for their consideration and expressing interest in working together in future endeavors.

basic building blocks of baby's first cover letter

emmie

Funnypost Collabo posted:

Address the person you're sending it to

A paragraph stating your intent and covering relevant work/education history and applicable hobbies and interests

A paragraph about why you want the position and why your hobbies and work history make you the ideal candidate

A closing paragraph thanking the reviewer for their consideration and expressing interest in working together in future endeavors.

a PS detailing how you aren't a child molester.

basic building blocks of baby's first cover letter

emmie

do you have any moral objections to molesting children, or have you just never tried it?

deep dish peat moss

P.S. I have only ONCE touched a baby's peehole and it was A AACCIDENT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peta

Funnypost Collabo posted:

Having a generic non-personal cover letter is a good way to get your resume thrown in the trash. Write it from the heart or it's no good.

Family members have looked it over and they are trying to make my prose more wooden. I want to beat them up

• Locked thread