Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

:blizz:

The God of War games are the truest video game adaptation of classic source material because Greek myths were all kinds of completely hosed up and ridiculous.

Seriously, when they weren't debating philosophy and math, the Greeks pretty much sat around making up stories about monsters and violence and rape and poo poo, occasionally pausing to make statues of their OCs (because they didn't have DeviantArt and so effort was required)

Ancient Greeks = OG Goons

Anyway, yeah God of War games are pretty fun. The second one was the best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rocket_man38
Jan 23, 2006

My life is a barrel o' fun!!
I love how the architecture in some places looks like it belongs in the 1400s and not 800 bc or whatever. Or murals etc.

Dec 26, 2012

rocket_man38 posted:

I love how the architecture in some places looks like it belongs in the 1400s and not 800 bc or whatever. Or murals etc.

im pretty peeved about the historical anachronism in god of war myself

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

rocket_man38 posted:

Glad I'm not the only one who notices these problems.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
I liked the first game a lot and God Of War 2 was one of my favourite ever games when it came out. It still might be but I played it so much I wrung every possible drop of enjoyment out of it. God Of War 3 was disappointing because all it really did was pretty up the graphics, the gameplay was still the same as ever. It's still a lot of fun but you could just end the series with God Of War 2 really.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
I don't think I ever played GoW 2, only 1. What made 2 so much better than the others?

conceitedguy
Nov 8, 2013

i played 1 and a little of 2 a while ago and i didn't like 2 near as much as 1 lol. it has a bunch of dumb gimmick crap and lovely boss fights.

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

I don't think I ever played GoW 2, only 1. What made 2 so much better than the others?

2 expands the movesets and you don't have to have full rage to do super mode. There are some cool boss fights and a parry/counterattack mechanic when you get a specific item.

3 is just more of 2 but now there's first person QTE's when you're killing gods

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

1 and 2 are poo poo. Never played any others.

BUT the subweapons in 2 are actually fun. Too bad they are worthless

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

doushio??

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Ragg posted:

God of War is for aids patients.

rocket_man38
Jan 23, 2006

Kratos' s voice actor is the furthest thing from his character.

http://m.imdb.com/name/nm0141333/

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

rocket_man38 posted:

Kratos' s voice actor is the furthest thing from his character.

http://m.imdb.com/name/nm0141333/

This actually makes me hate God of War a little less

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rocket_man38
Jan 23, 2006

Still not having fun in Ascension, but I am too far to give up on it now. I'm hoping the cutscenes will at least be amusing. This amulet of time poo poo gimmick is annoying.

• Locked thread