Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rocket_man38
Jan 23, 2006

My life is a barrel o' fun!!
ZZZZZZZEEEEEEEEEEEEUUUUUUUSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!

Just picked up Ascension. Got it for 12 bucks used and that's about what it is worth. I'm at the temple at Delphi, and so far this game is kind of boring me. Does it get better? I still think 2 is the best overall, the last PSP one was pretty good too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Nice Big Dinner
Feb 17, 2006

i wanted to play the psp games, but i only managed to play chains of olympus before selling my psp. ghost of sparta was looking pretty cool.

A Nice Big Dinner
Feb 17, 2006

also god of war 3 was okay, but it feels forgettable compared to he first two. you would think that killing zeus would stick in your mind for a while, but it was just "eh".

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0bf0kqOsbs&t=60s

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros
1 was a pretty cool game, I played it on the second highest diff (I think). It ran out of steam at some point during the second game though. Way too repetitive.

Cesar Cedeno
May 9, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 625 days!
That poo poo got old so loving fast.

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

god of war is relatively cool. it is a nice and relaxing third person action game where you can just do stupid combos and win. i beat 1 2 and 3 and the first psp one. ascension is really boring.

rocket_man38
Jan 23, 2006

Kratos's most brutal move... ruining an ice cream cone.

Grim
Sep 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer
it's all the same poo poo but to be fair that poo poo is loving rad as hell

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.
2 had some good boss fights and an okay time gimmick. subweapons were a lot better, too.

3 was cool for casting kevin sorbo as hercules. i can't really remember any of the gods' deaths besides helios and hephaestus.

Dec 26, 2012

series should have ended at 1 or not attempted continuity for sequels

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.
it should have done those other possible plots that the first game teased instead of making kratos games over and over.

it's pretty funny to see hosed up versions of greek heroes, though.

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros
Kratos should have gone to other civilizations and brawled with their gods IMO

DikFaic
Dec 31, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNHCCC1pOVA

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider

Seshoho Cian posted:

gamer tats are the ultimate in gamer dedication

rocket_man38
Jan 23, 2006

Falsum posted:

They might be doing this, no joke. http://www.kpopstarz.com/articles/104254/20140816/god-of-war-4-ps4-release-date.htm

But ya, the anime'd up Greek heroes are pretty amusing. I thought Sorbo reprising Hercules was cool as well. The best boss death has to be Theseus though.

Holy poo poo hahaha.

Dec 26, 2012

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica
god of war is a lovely casualized devil may cry clone

confirm/deny?

Mung Dynasty
Jul 19, 2003

Why do the peasants slave while the emperor gets to eat all the mung?!
"mash square, push boxes around, a good game" -an idiot retard

rly puts the zzzz in zeus

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

in god of war,

there are ladies who do not wear much clothes

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Cesar Cedeno posted:

That poo poo got old so loving fast.

truest post

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k

Mr. Pumroy posted:

in god of war,

there are ladies who do not wear much clothes

Literally cumming at the thought of this

rocket_man38
Jan 23, 2006

Contra Calculus posted:

Literally cumming at the thought of this

It gives you red orbs when you do.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

rocket_man38 posted:

It gives you red orbs when you do.

Came to post this. In the first game you have an QTE threesome that gives xp and it happens in the initial five minutes. God of War owned.

Super Rad
Feb 15, 2003
Sir Loin of Beef

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

Came to post this. In the first game you have an QTE threesome that gives xp and it happens in the initial five minutes. God of War owned.

Psh, you can't even ruthlessly slaughter them after you extract the red orbs from their vaginas, major fail IMO.

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

Shinku ABOOKEN posted:

god of war is a lovely casualized devil may cry clone

confirm/deny?

id say deny because its not really trying to be a dmc style game. its just a relatively mindless action game. its fun for what it is

ROBO_ERECTUS
Sep 5, 2007

Let me take you for a ride.
Kratos died for our sins in 3, he is a very angry jesus. 3 was just ridiculous, biblibical plagues were all because of Kratos, story really took a turn for the crazy. Ascension was a big dissapoontment, it was the best looking one by far, and had some cool boss battles, but the combat was lovely, and thats by god of war standards. They added a combo meter that rewarded you for avoiding getting hit, but they made parrying alot harder to pull off, and you couldnt cancel out of your combat animations with a roll, so it turned the game into an annoying slog.

5 out of 6 good games aint bad though, 2 was def the best.

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

Falsum posted:

kinda did in one of the psp games when he kills a persian guy and can summon a djinn

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

the last boss in the first psp is a valkyrie

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>
God of War is for aids patients.

A Nice Big Dinner
Feb 17, 2006

Silver Striker posted:

the last boss in the first psp is a valkyrie

which makes me curious as to why there is a norse mythological figure in a greek afterlife

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

obese retard posted:

which makes me curious as to why there is a norse mythological figure in a greek afterlife

Cuz the developers are retards next question.

A Nice Big Dinner
Feb 17, 2006

Ragg posted:

Cuz the developers are retards next question.

apparently they are since the final boss actually is a greek goddess (persephone) but they just make her look like a valkyrie :I

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

obese retard posted:

apparently they are since the final boss actually is a greek goddess (persephone) but they just make her look like a valkrie :I

glad we agree.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
I bought the PS3 Origins Collection, the PS3 GOW 1 and 2 Collection, and GOW 3 at that Gamestop sale for like 10 dollars or something.

I really should finish them one of these days.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

The Taint Reaper posted:

I bought the PS3 Origins Collection, the PS3 GOW 1 and 2 Collection, and GOW 3 at that Gamestop sale for like 10 dollars or something.

me too

quote:

I really should finish them one of these days.

don't bother, bad games

americong
May 29, 2013

the games were fun, and three of them is the right number, and the god of war gaiden side story bullshit should have never existed imo

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.
aiiiirrrrrrrr eeeeeeeeeeesssssssssssss

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

god of war is p.cool i like 2 and 3 i agree i think kratos beating up other gods from other pantheons would make for good games and is in fact the sort of game i would make if i could make games ripping the wings off mid flight was p.gnarly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k
I actually did play 1 and 2 and thought they were good but this was like seven years ago and it may have been due to me being a retarded teenager. Haven't touched the series since then. May give it a go again one day.

• Locked thread