Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jimbo Jaggins
Jul 19, 2013
i enjoy the warm analog lines of a bic crystal medium

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Jackie D posted:

Star Control 2

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

grate deceiver posted:

i had enough of these when they were jsut Gaming Feels

also jimbo jaggins something something implied homosexuality idgas

they were talking about pens and you can't even make a dick joke, mostly because you don't seem to know what a pen even is
goddamn millenials

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011
"wait you have to do stuff like scribbling some notes down in :siren:OLD GAMES:siren: woooooaaaaah dude !:aaaaa: pls someone help clean the poo poo out of my pants because im a dumbfuck baby"

Ralp
Aug 19, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
better tag for a good thread.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

Ralp posted:

better tag for a good thread.

appropriate

Scratch-O
Apr 27, 2009

My goodness!
Any other recommended mods for UQM?

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

this a good rear end game

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.

Jimbo Jaggins posted:

for my money you just can't beat the smooth precision of a very fine sharpie pen

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

Jimbo Jaggins posted:

i *enjoy* the *sauce*

Jimbo Jaggins
Jul 19, 2013

qnqnx posted:

they were talking about pens and you can't even make a dick joke, mostly because you don't seem to know what a pen even is
goddamn millenials

you could've made a dick joke right there with "don't even know what a penis

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

Yeah, you guys know how I made Fwiffo my combat thrall? Well I made their whole race my combat thralls now. Went to liberate their planet, but they wouldn't hold up their end of the bargain and peacefully join the Empire of Zelnick (my captain's name), so I forced them to join by telling them I would release The Ultimate Evil upon them once again.

Found a cool dude in Alpha Centauri's system who traded information, but I don't have any cool information yet.

I found a poo poo load of radioactive materials last night, though, so I built a lot of guns on my flagship and bought a lot more surface-exploration ships

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Started star control 2. Been jotting poo poo down on my phone using a notepad program, feels all futuristic and poo poo.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

LaTex Fetish posted:

when the first alien I found gave me the coordinates to his star system I wrote them down and said "Updated my Journal" out loud in Nameless One's voice

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

If you let Fwiffo die you are a monster.

Truth.

kill you are self
Jun 17, 2005

pa rum pum pum pum
kerbal space program is absolutely the best space exploration game and one of the best games I have ever played. the base game is loving fantastic and has been constantly improved upon by the developers throughout its existance. I have never played a game that gave me so much freedom tohave so much loving fun. even when poo poo goes horribly wrong it is great. add to this the infinite possibilities that mods add to the game. new parts.. more realistic physics. less realistic physics (if thats your desire), new planets.. so much fun. I am such a believer in this game I bought 3 copies just to support the devs. and now ive decided to give one away. if you want the game it's yours if i think you're a cool person. pm me or steam msg me or whatever and a preemptive have fun!

I Am A Robot
Jul 1, 2006

Jackie D posted:

Star Control 2

Should have just closed the thread after this post and stickied it for all eternity.

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

I found some friends named the Zok-Foq-Pik and they have requested my help, but I myself am in need of help. That's where you guys come in: I have very little fuel left and not enough to make it back to the station near Earth.

I have multiple saves, but don't really want to backtrack unless I really, really, have to. Is there a way to create fuel somehow?

Jimbo Jaggins
Jul 19, 2013

LaTex Fetish posted:

I found some friends named the Zok-Foq-Pik and they have requested my help, but I myself am in need of help. That's where you guys come in: I have very little fuel left and not enough to make it back to the station near Earth.

I have multiple saves, but don't really want to backtrack unless I really, really, have to. Is there a way to create fuel somehow?

If you run out of fuel a Melnorme (the orange info brokers) will come along and either sell or give you some but you might have to sell some ship modules.

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

Jimbo Jaggins posted:

If you run out of fuel a Melnorme (the orange info brokers) will come along and either sell or give you some but you might have to sell some ship modules.

Sweet, that sounds like something they would do. I'll try that out when I get back home.

I was just mindlessly auto-piloting home and then the game was like 'Out Of Fuel' and I instinctively reloaded my previous save. I guess I should've just waited around.

Ralp
Aug 19, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
If you hang around in hyperspace near zoq-fot-pik territory you might also get unwelcome visitors too though, so be careful! not to mention the ever-peaceful slylandro probes

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

kill you are self posted:

kerbal space program is absolutely the best space exploration game and one of the best games I have ever played. the base game is loving fantastic and has been constantly improved upon by the developers throughout its existance. I have never played a game that gave me so much freedom tohave so much loving fun. even when poo poo goes horribly wrong it is great. add to this the infinite possibilities that mods add to the game. new parts.. more realistic physics. less realistic physics (if thats your desire), new planets.. so much fun. I am such a believer in this game I bought 3 copies just to support the devs. and now ive decided to give one away. if you want the game it's yours if i think you're a cool person. pm me or steam msg me or whatever and a preemptive have fun!

interplanetary travel is kind of poo poo because of the max time accel, tho.

Kurnugia
Sep 2, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

PleasingFungus posted:

aren't there mods for that? idk, all my ships keep disintegrating on the launch pad so kerbal is probably not for me :jeb:

kill you are self
Jun 17, 2005

pa rum pum pum pum

PleasingFungus posted:

use the alarm clock mod, doofus. have more than one missino going at oncee. set alarms for points on the orbit or soi changes.

simultaneously have:

duna probe missions,
rescue mission to eve's moon or whatever
launching a refueling station to orbit ike
stupidly long mission to eeloo using ion engines
comms relays to mun, minmus, etc.

your imagination is the limit

kill you are self
Jun 17, 2005

pa rum pum pum pum
also protagonist steam msg me soon or i'll have to give it to the next person.

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

LaTex Fetish posted:

Yeah, you guys know how I made Fwiffo my combat thrall? Well I made their whole race my combat thralls now. Went to liberate their planet, but they wouldn't hold up their end of the bargain and peacefully join the Empire of Zelnick (my captain's name), so I forced them to join by telling them I would release The Ultimate Evil upon them once again.

Found a cool dude in Alpha Centauri's system who traded information, but I don't have any cool information yet.

I found a poo poo load of radioactive materials last night, though, so I built a lot of guns on my flagship and bought a lot more surface-exploration ships

if u want to use spathi ships get them now b/c you wont be able to get them forever

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.

kill you are self posted:

also protagonist steam msg me soon or i'll have to give it to the next person.

sorry on it yo, went outta town there for a minute

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Hey I don't know if you guys heard but the Mechwarrior Online guys recently announced that they're making a space & planets game and that's basically where all the founder's money and gold mech skins cash has gone for the last two years (cause obviously it wasn't going into the game).

It sure it'll be a swell and not at all a total piece of garbage courtesy of Paul and Pals at fuckwits interactive.

• Locked thread