Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a creepy colon
Oct 28, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
maybe it will be better than 'awful app'

...someday Richard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
I don't understand this strange new SA.

My eyes don't even want to parse this. What is the intention here?

Corridor
Oct 19, 2006

wilderthanmild posted:

phone posting

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I'm posting from my office in 2009 and the experimental layout is remarkably broken in IE8.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Business Gorillas posted:

this is actually smart and makes a lot of sense. i'll do a trip report once i gotta poo poo, as 80% of my mobile forums browsing is on the toilette

trip report: pooed on phone, indistinguishable from content 3/10

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

wilderthanmild posted:

sheesh, does anybody even bother reading threads before posting in them anymore?

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

what the gently caress things are different I'm scared :(

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
Can you explain where the name "Noto Sans" came from. I don't understand it.

les enfants Terrific!
Dec 12, 2008
i think that once the width issue is fixed (someone else posted a picture of what i mean) it'll be really pleasant and i may actually start browsing on mobile with it

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Atasnaya Vaflja posted:

i think that once the width issue is fixed (someone else posted a picture of what i mean) it'll be really pleasant and i may actually start browsing on mobile with it

same, esp. since the awful app doesn't do tabs and can be kinda janky if you accidentally tilt your phone or tablet

a creepy colon
Oct 28, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
You cant post threads from awful app so if I can do that using lowtax's primitive mobile site ill use it.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

Titus Sardonicus posted:

Christ, fine, not even going to argue further over semantics, I think I meant that the word can be interpreted in different contexts anyway. I done hosed up there, I'll admit it.

But you still kinda flipped out over an as-yet unavailable feature that, up until that point, you haven't even mentioned, and act like we should all know about it right off the bat. So how's about going over this stuff in the op because I can't believe you wouldn't anticipate questions like that; maybe have a coming soon! section or something so there wouldn't be an onslaught of criticism, instead of expecting us to know everything about the project and getting upset over people voicing legit concerns.

Again, I'm honestly just trying to be constructive at this point, I don't feel like having a slap fight. Can we be cool now?

I dont really much care fr this fakeposting persona... too played out imho

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

Atasnaya Vaflja posted:

a creepy colon posted:

You cant post threads from awful app so if I can do that using lowtax's primitive mobile site ill use it.

basically this. thanks, mr tax

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

a creepy colon posted:

I can post threads using the awful app...

a creepy colon
Oct 28, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SHISHKABOB posted:

I can post threads using the awful app...

how?

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008
If Steve Jobs were still alive he would be ambivalent about this change.

"Who the gently caress cares about these dorks" he would probably say.

Izumi Konata
May 4, 2012

by Ralp

Lowtax posted:

Mobile devices with small screens make up a good portion of our viewers, and that will only increase over time, but nice attempt at trolling and I appreciate the effort

content produced by mobile devices rapidly depletes the soil of nutrients. a one-handed keyboard attached to a gameboy to use by a new demodraphic to post while they poo poo welcomes low-content posting.

if hosting costs creates a problem, you can always outsource your bandwidth needs to any number of loyal goons, sir. may you forever reap success and prosperity in all of your ventures.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
e:f;b

Marta Velasquez
Mar 9, 2013

Good thing I was feeling suicidal this morning...
Fallen Rib

a creepy colon posted:

Please continue using Awful App.

a creepy colon
Oct 28, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

contrapants posted:

Please continue using Awful App.
:xd:

Wet Bandit
Nov 6, 2005

Posting in toilet mode to say that I like toilet mode.

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW
I use a half size tablet a lot when not at a desktop and while it's not perfect I never really have any problems and I can read fine. Anyone who's tried this on their similar device have an opinion on if it's an improvement with the new mode?

Mr. Merdle
Oct 17, 2007

THE GREAT MANBABY SUCCESSOR

MotherFuckingT-REX posted:

its like im viewing the website with one of those windowed magnifying programs for blind people

yeah i think this needs some work

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

CharlestonJew posted:

will there be an option to change individual poster's posts to 1-point font for :10bux:

vv all

make it so it costs $1 to increase or decrease it by 1 point (with a reasonable min/max cap) and anyone can buy

change font to comic sans for $25

Lowtax posted:

Mobile devices with small screens make up a good portion of our viewers, and that will only increase over time, but nice attempt at trolling and I appreciate the effort

please just dont pull a microsoft and force non-mobile users to use a mobile interface

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Hey i was thinking that if you decided to go with this maybe put in an option so people can pick a different av for tiny mode cause some of them look like poo poo scaled down

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdaM5Mv-TTo

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

SniperWoreConverse posted:

Hey i was thinking that if you decided to go with this maybe put in an option so people can pick a different av for tiny mode cause some of them look like poo poo scaled down

Or you could just have an avatar that works a different sizes.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

spooky... just in time for helloween

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

a starwar betamax posted:

spooky... just in time for helloween

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU