Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
*dry heaving*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dik-dik
Feb 21, 2009

loving awful

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug
i bet it looks real good on retina displays but only half my shitposting devices have those

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
sorry Lowtax but my autism prevents me from liking new things and different fonts

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
It looks kinda weird on my iPhone.

Tujague
May 8, 2007

by LadyAmbien
For one thing I'm not doing any of that bullshit

For another did I miss the part where tons of people have been clamoring for a mobile version

So that some day in 2019 we will find non-laptop-owning goons suddenly able to post while taking a dump

And it will all seem worth it

Is that the path forward we are talking about

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
Make the new forum font Wing Dings.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO

Tujague posted:

For one thing I'm not doing any of that bullshit

For another did I miss the part where tons of people have been clamoring for a mobile version

So that some day in 2019 we will find non-laptop-owning goons suddenly able to post while taking a dump

And it will all seem worth it

Is that the path forward we are talking about

lowtax perceived the golden path

difficult

but he deemed it good

he goes where we cannot follow

but the future will thank him, and us for our sacrifices

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

this interface isn't for desktop monitors you loving failtards, its for the Oculus Rift

we're finally gonna get 3d posting

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
what font do I click in the selection panel on the new ipad interface. I have all the mod buttons now too. windows ipad.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
no lol

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib
the ads span the width of my screen, but the forums don't

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

darkwing cuck posted:

the ads span the width of my screen, but the forums don't

Yeah I haven't done ads yet.

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

dik-dik posted:

loving awful

you misspelled "extremely enjoyable" fyi

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

dik-dik posted:

loving awful

Something awful

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

nomadologique posted:

lowtax gettin to be an old person but too poor to move on so must alter forums for his continued oversight
it's for mobile devices with small screens, lardo retardo

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

newreply.php posted:

i bet it looks real good on retina displays but only half my shitposting devices have those

You'd hope but no

E: ok I tried on a mini before, better (slightly) on a 5s
E2: ok, did you test this on a phone? The font is laughably huge. There is also a flicker from the std CSS to the new blind edition.

Burt Sexual fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Sep 18, 2014

open container
Sep 16, 2008
i dislike the layout v much but i use a big boy compouter

specifically i hate how there's no whitespace around the edges and avatars are tiny

poopzilla
Nov 23, 2004

isnt this what awful app is for?

or am i retarded

or both

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

poopzilla posted:

isnt this what awful app is for?

or am i retarded

or both
People shouldn't have to install an app for the forums to be legible on their mobile device.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
was this in the SA stretch goals? if so how much do I need to donate for wing dings.

poopzilla
Nov 23, 2004

Lowtax posted:

People shouldn't have to install an app for the forums to be legible on their mobile device.

ok, well thats cool then. thanks 'tax man

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Lowtax posted:

Honestly I've never had an issue on an iPhone. Blackberry sucked, but I bet web tv does too. Landscape mode works great to view all my crap posts.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO

Lowtax posted:

it's for mobile devices with small screens, lardo retardo

ever heard of a :LAP top lol???

Drunk & Ugly
Feb 10, 2003

GIMME GIMME GIMME, DON'T ASK WHAT FOR
the avatars are too small

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
Top quality joke Lowtax, really having a "lol" over this one but please try to find ways to use your time more productively

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

Lowtax posted:

Yeah I haven't done ads yet.

lowtax quoted me :swoon:

but yeah, alright that's cool. it looks p nice otherwise

e: didn't actually realize swoon was an emoticon but we

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

Devils Affricate posted:

Top quality joke Lowtax, really having a "lol" over this one but please try to find ways to use your time more productively
Mobile devices with small screens make up a good portion of our viewers, and that will only increase over time, but nice attempt at trolling and I appreciate the effort

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

Lowtax posted:

Mobile devices with small screens make up a good portion of our viewers, and that will only increase over time, but nice attempt at trolling and I appreciate the effort

Sorry

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Lowtax posted:

this is actually smart and makes a lot of sense. i'll do a trip report once i gotta poo poo, as 80% of my mobile forums browsing is on the toilette

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
nice to see a return to form for lowtax.... just like the old days when he would post parody verswions of the front page... good stuff

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

Business Gorillas posted:

this is actually smart and makes a lot of sense. i'll do a trip report once i gotta poo poo, as 80% of my mobile forums browsing is on the toilette
I should rename the option "Toilet Mode"

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
Do not like. But if I was on my phone, I like.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Lowtax posted:

I 100% support this.

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

I 100% support this.

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

I have no smart phone to check this on, but it feels like there's too much empty space on a desktop monitor. And with all that space, I don't see any reason to hide things in drop down menus or why the text is right against the left side of the page.

I like the font though.

Lowtax posted:

Also good.

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

Ramsus posted:

Do not like. But if I was on my phone, I like.
Same with me, I'd hate browsing this way on my PC. This was designed specifically for screen sizes like 360px wide.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jimong5
Oct 3, 2005

If history is to change, let it change! If the world is to be destroyed, so be it! If my fate is to be destroyed... I must simply laugh!!
Grimey Drawer

Lowtax posted:

Same with me, I'd hate browsing this way on my PC. This was designed specifically for screen sizes like 360px wide.

my iPhone puts the thread super skinny but the banner ads are way wider and break the tables.
e: beaten

• Locked thread