Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

this is a fantastic cover for a whole bunch of reasons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop
i think the video was banned for jimmy hendrix coming out of his casket and playing the solo

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

what would a computer with prosthetics be like?

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Rexicon1 posted:

LSD is a serotonin analog so figure out what your computer uses for serotonin and give it a bunch of that.

it's not that simple yo LSD is also a phenethylamine "analog" and I would never say "analog" in this context

Rufus Ping posted:

trying to use a computer while tripping isnt fun at all imo

computers are never fun, drugs let you see this

Rufus Ping
Dec 27, 2006

I'm a Friend of Rodney Nano
nah computers can be neat sober but i found even sitting in front of one incredibly frustrating, let alone trying to operate one. felt like a huge relief to walk away and go outside

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Ruby got Railed posted:

what would a computer with prosthetics be like?

it would be a robot

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

or maybe a cyborg I don't really understand the distinction

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop
what would a robot with a prosthetic leg be?

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

rotor posted:

or maybe a cyborg I don't really understand the distinction

cyborgs have organic parts

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

LP0 ON FIRE posted:

what would a robot with a prosthetic leg be?

it would still be a robot

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Smythe posted:

cyborgs have organic parts

does a streak of semen across the face count

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

rotor posted:

it would still be a robot

oh. that's kind of boring :(

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
with all these new drugs on the scene (like 1000s in the last few years) where are all the cool psychedelics?

lotsa cannabimimetics. a few speeds etc. what about shjit that blows lsd out of thw ater?

apparently some of the nbome strains have visuals that destroy lSDs (for intensity) but also cause vasoconstriction and maybe death?

anyway cool poo poo on the horizon for chemical printers.

word is that some kind of catalytic printer device is going to exist smetime? basically it can custom cataluse reactions or somethin poo poo?

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

LP0 ON FIRE posted:

dr katz???? fuckin lol :_)

Cazlab
Oct 25, 2003

i bet you could write a program that would run as a process and change random memory locations, but that might have destructive effects.
my graphics card got super trippy the days before it died of heat, stuff in wrong places, wrong colors, etc.

once i took 2mg of 2ci to see if a threshold dose would have any adhd alleviating properties like its cousin, adderall. it didn't, but it did make ssrs tabs change position randomly, and sql to at moments become unreadable nonsense.
also one time we were warching a 3d animated movie, and when it ended the dvd had a looped track of justin bieber pitching some thing, and it took us like 20 minutes to figure put how to make it stop. it was horrible.

Cazlab fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Sep 19, 2014

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop
the existence of Apple Inc is just a giant acid flashback caused by steve jobs, now experienced subjectively through almost every human being on the planet

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Cazlab posted:

i bet you could write a program that would run as a process and change random memory locations, but that might have destructive effects.
my graphics card got super trippy the days before it died of heat, stuff in wrong places, wrong colors, etc.

once i took 2mg of 2ci to see if a threshold dose would have any adhd alleviating properties like its cousin, adderall. it didn't, but it did make ssrs tabs change position randomly, and sql to at moments become unreadable nonsense.
also one time we were warching a 3d animated movie, and when it ended the dvd had a looped track of justin bieber pitching some thing, and it took us like 20 minutes to figure put how to make it stop. it was horrible.

once i tried to wrte a evoltuonary thing

my thoughts were that computers are too fickle to just change random poo poo unless you're prepared to put in mega hours of simulation on the offchance that [i]something might work/i]

so i devised a simple language that could easily be mutated and work. basically a "program" was a series of letters. A signified the start of a new command, B-Z was the command and the remaning letters (until the next A) were the variables of the command. and then mutate that string with dchanges or adds or deletes

of course this language/string has to be interpreted so the interepreter is flexible, it can accept things and if it doesnt get what it wants it does die

i mean this was in context of a tree growing. maybe B meant "grow inches" and the following letters were the amount of inches, or C was make a branch etc

and i thought this is more like real evolution anyway, because your genes are more like a program, whereas most evolutionary algos evolve the end product and not the behind hte scenes. like evolving an antenna, they keep changing the end design but nature doesnt evolve the end design, it mutates the genes which vreate the end design and the winner wins out

anyway same idea but drugs

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
i want to use UE4 to visual this kind of thing happening in real time. i want to make a tree evolving thing but you watch the results in nice 3d

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Create a linux virtual machine. Run a script on the parent that creates symlinks to point 10% of the filesystem to other files randomly. Run the child machine for 4 hours in this state and then revert the changes.

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

Salt Fish posted:

Create a linux virtual machine. Run a script on the parent that creates symlinks to point 10% of the filesystem to other files randomly. Run the child machine for 4 hours in this state and then revert the changes.

you do it and record the results plz

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

LP0 ON FIRE posted:

well, it is still a computer inside

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

echinopsis posted:

once i tried to wrte a evoltuonary thing

my thoughts were that computers are too fickle to just change random poo poo unless you're prepared to put in mega hours of simulation on the offchance that [i]something might work/i]

so i devised a simple language that could easily be mutated and work. basically a "program" was a series of letters. A signified the start of a new command, B-Z was the command and the remaning letters (until the next A) were the variables of the command. and then mutate that string with dchanges or adds or deletes

this is kind of how Eurisko and Cyc work, they're made up of huge bases of heuristics that take a specific format and include heuristics that can generate new ones, remove existing ones, and so on

you'd enjoy reading the three papers titled "The Nature of Heuristics" about Eurisko and "RLL-1: A Representation Language Language" about the language itself and how it was built for self modification

• Locked thread