Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop
i know if you put a little bit of LSD in a CPU, it wouldn't get high and have a crazy trip, but what would be the perfect analog for this? there has to be something out there that you can put in your computer to make it trip out. i've done pretty much this with a game genie and super mario bros when i was a kid. i'd put in a random code, and if something happened, i'd keep on tweaking it until it was like the nintendo was on acid

most of the time it wouldn't crash, but there would be all these crazy colors and noises and sometimes swapped sprites. other than that it would still work, and it's not like the NES was on fire or melting, but i'm sure it thought it was

what can i do to my computer to make it have a psychedelic trip, EXACTLY like LSD? i don't want it to permanently ruin files, maybe just what's going to the outputs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002
subscribed, op.

USSMICHELLEBACHMAN
Sep 19, 2014
timbothy leary

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

LP0 ON FIRE posted:

i know if you put a little bit of LSD in a CPU, it wouldn't get high and have a crazy trip, but what would be the perfect analog for this? there has to be something out there that you can put in your computer to make it trip out. i've done pretty much this with a game genie and super mario bros when i was a kid. i'd put in a random code, and if something happened, i'd keep on tweaking it until it was like the nintendo was on acid

most of the time it wouldn't crash, but there would be all these crazy colors and noises and sometimes swapped sprites. other than that it would still work, and it's not like the NES was on fire or melting, but i'm sure it thought it was

what can i do to my computer to make it have a psychedelic trip, EXACTLY like LSD? i don't want it to permanently ruin files, maybe just what's going to the outputs

This post is way too long and I guarantee it's not even a little bit funny.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Have you ever been a computer...on weed? *this post but a paragraph long and filled with some really YOSPOS poo poo*

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop
can i also do this to my phone? and when i get my iwatch? i want my watch to trip out on acid when it sends me notifications of my mom calling

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

LP0 ON FIRE posted:

can i also do this to my phone? and when i get my iwatch? i want my watch to trip out on acid when it sends me notifications of my mom calling

Dude. loving funny poo poo.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I'm high as balls and I'm getting a notification of a phone call from my mom. How buzzy would it be to answer that call. :xd:

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here
LSD is a serotonin analog so figure out what your computer uses for serotonin and give it a bunch of that.

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

this is a p bad thread

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
say nope to dope and ugh to drugs

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

seriously though legalize all drugs

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

what about posts

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
rotors cabin is a drug sanctuary. all YOSPOSTERS can go to rotors cabin and feast of their drugs, without repercussions. send him a PM to gain access

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

the drug cabin shelters all without judging

ahmeni
May 1, 2005

It's one continuous form where hardware and software function in perfect unison, creating a new generation of iPhone that's better by any measure.
Grimey Drawer
op is dank

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

LP0 ON FIRE posted:

i know if you put a little bit of LSD in a CPU, it wouldn't get high and have a crazy trip, but what would be the perfect analog for this?

amiga

cf demoscene

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

eschaton posted:

amiga

cf demoscene

LOL

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RvHpn9cibc

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

Rexicon1 posted:

LSD is a serotonin analog so figure out what your computer uses for serotonin and give it a bunch of that.

well my understanding was that it's "like" serotonin, but not, which is how it makes all these connections it isn't supposed to. so it needs to be something like that

suffix
Jul 27, 2013

Wheeee!
your computer was born in acid, op

the light gave it purpose, and the acid gave it awareness

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

the computer would spend the next ten years never shutting about about the time reality flipped and it saw jesus in the 6th dimension. and everybody would smile and nod, and pretend to be interested even though they'd already heard the story a thousand times before

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

suffix posted:

your computer was born in acid, op

the light gave it purpose, and the acid gave it awareness

:lsd::lsd::lsd::lsd:
:lsd:

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

also, i had a computer back in the 80s that took some acid, and now it thinks its a glass of orange juice

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

Sweevo posted:

the computer would spend the next ten years never shutting about about the time reality flipped and it saw jesus in the 6th dimension. and everybody would smile and nod, and pretend to be interested even though they'd already heard the story a thousand times before

would this keep appearing in a dialogue pop up?

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

i was thinking more like a fractal wallpaper, or a sweet wizard like you'd find on a 70s custom van

Sweevo fucked around with this message at 15:33 on Sep 19, 2014

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

24/7 milkdrop desktop

ahmeni
May 1, 2005

It's one continuous form where hardware and software function in perfect unison, creating a new generation of iPhone that's better by any measure.
Grimey Drawer

Ruby got Railed posted:

also, i had a computer back in the 80s that took some acid, and now it thinks its a glass of orange juice

better an orange than an apple!!
                             /

compuserved
Mar 20, 2006

Nap Ghost

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

cd /
chmod -Rf 777 *

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop
what does that do other than give permissions to everything?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

ahmeni posted:

better an orange than an apple!!
                             /

was reading the wikipedia page about the "us festival" the other day

Labor Day Weekend, 1982[edit]

Three days, 110°F (42.5°C) weather; 100 arrests[citation needed], 35 drug overdoses[citation needed], 1 associated murder of a hitchhiker the day after the event[citation needed], $12 million lost.[2] (Bands are listed in the order they appeared.)

Memorial Day Weekend, 1983[edit]

Three days (plus a fourth Country Day a week later), 670,000 in attendance, $12 million lost,[3] two reported deaths [4][5]

that was written by somebody who does not give a poo poo about pretty sentences or paragraphs

Rufus Ping
Dec 27, 2006

I'm a Friend of Rodney Nano
trying to use a computer while tripping isnt fun at all imo

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

LP0 ON FIRE posted:

what does that do other than give permissions to everything?

what does LSD do other than give your brain permission to do anything?

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

rotor posted:

what does LSD do other than give your brain permission to do anything?

hmm you got me there, but i can't say i have first hand experience

i'm not experienced. r u experienced?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

LP0 ON FIRE posted:

hmm you got me there, but i can't say i have first hand experience

i'm not experienced. r u experienced?

have you ever been experienced?

rotor