Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Haha you have no idea. After you beat chapter 34 you get to fight superbosses that basically require you to use the two new elements or the new tap mechanic. The new elements are only obtainable by pulling certain Z class characters in the gacha, and aside from the lovely Palpa^ you're not going to have a tap character unless you luck out. In other words, they introduced new challenges that are virtually impossible if you don't spend on the gacha until you finally pull one of the required characters. That was what finally got me to quit the game.

Really, the only good thing they've done recently is introduce metal zone 7, which means you no longer have to grind random levels to get people to level 80. Everything else has been complete poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ebacho
Oct 26, 2010
I'm halfway through 34 and after reading your post I probably won't even bother trying to finish it at this point. Somewhat disappointing, since the game was a decent timewaster at launch.

cyxx
Oct 1, 2005

Byon!
What's the tap mechanic? I quit shortly after they added pets and I finished the gold gatcha and recoded like 4 or 5 dudes.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

cyxx posted:

What's the tap mechanic? I quit shortly after they added pets and I finished the gold gatcha and recoded like 4 or 5 dudes.

Certain characters got buff/debuff moves that can be activated up to three times per battle. You tap the character to activate the move. IIRC the stat boosts were insane. We're talking double attack power for your entire party per activation, and it stacks. Set it up right and you can output truly obscene damage.

The problem is that access to the tap mechanic is gated by gacha luck. Palpa^ gets the tap buff ability at level 80 (and is otherwise absolute poo poo), so if you were to grind Palpa for days you could get one of the new tap abilities. But the others are only available to you if you get lucky.

The new mechanic launched at the same time we got new dragon fights, super high level affairs where continuing isn't allowed. The only way to win these fights is to abuse the tap abilities. For example, one dragon will deal 9999 to everyone when he reaches half life. The only way to avoid it is to use tap buffs to output insane burst damage and take him from half life to zero in one turn. The other dragon fights were similar, each requiring a different tap ability, and relying on you using tap abilities only available for characters in the gacha, so if you don't have those characters, then gently caress you, you don't get to play in this event.

Those fights plus the bonus bosses in chapter 35 are what convinced me that ftp is no longer an option, so I quit.

cyxx
Oct 1, 2005

Byon!
Ugh. That's too bad. I still feel that terra had such a great system but was super grindy and no real reason to grind. Once I finished the gold gacha I had lost all motivation to play. Guess there's no reason to come back

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

I know, I stayed with Terra Battle for about a year before dropping it, maxed out the pact of fellowship and everything. I even had like 12 or so 100% SB Z Class characters. The battle system is amazing and I still miss playing it.

Honestly though I think part of the problem is how maxing out a character's SB removes them from the Pact of Truth. People who've maxed out the PoT get to pull all the new and necessary stuff no problem, so these newest updates seem aimed at those people who've either been grinding with bots since day 1, or have paid obscene amounts of money. I really wouldn't have minded all this though if they'd produce new content for people who play the game normally. When the only content to come out in months is aimed solely at the rich and the botters, it kind of kills your enthusiasm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Video Games 0112
Jan 7, 2004

serious business
I only played this until they released the anticipated VS mode that seemed like it was never coming out, when it finally did I quit because it was a not serious enough to my liking. That solidified for me that this was not a real game on phones with some mandatory iap aspects, but rather a standard mobile game (not a game) and all the hype was a lie. How they billed the game at release was the only reason anyone paid attention to it, it was supposed to be a REAL game by a REAL game guy on mobile, but no, turns out that just wasn't in the stars and they converted it to a standard mobile piece of poo poo by the time all their roadmap timeline features were completed. The SB grinding being mandatory and essentially the only gameplay after you're done with the main campaign is a pretty good tell.

• Locked thread