Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Frustrated
Jun 12, 2003

spacejung posted:

Congrats to Joy Division who posted a slightly better overall W-L than Brandon Roy Division. Good luck gunes

Just like the 2014 Spurs, I'm coming for my championship that was robbed from me at the last possible moment last year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004

Frustrated posted:

Just like the 2014 Spurs, I'm coming for my championship that was robbed from me at the last possible moment last year.

The March of Manure continues... he's leaving nothing but ash and rubble in his wake. Congrats to the teams that were eliminated, including last year's champ "MyHairsNapierThanYours"

Frustrated
Jun 12, 2003

This is going to be really close tonight for the championship. T-Shirts has more players left but has to make up two out of the four of .26 ft%, .21 fg%, 7 steals, or 15 assists. He has 8 players but has to go through Chris Paul and the man, the myth, the legend, Ryan Kelly.

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004

Frustrated posted:

This is going to be really close tonight for the championship. T-Shirts has more players left but has to make up two out of the four of .26 ft%, .21 fg%, 7 steals, or 15 assists. He has 8 players but has to go through Chris Paul and the man, the myth, the legend, Ryan Kelly.

Nice start with JR holy poo poo!!!

Frustrated
Jun 12, 2003

Last season avenged!

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004
CONGRATS to our winner, Manure Ginobili (Frustrated) who composed a stellar pair of back to back finals appearances, emerging victorious over the formidable T-Shirts with a 5-4 victory! This triumph was secured with the typical Small Ball statline, trading 3PT for FG% in a counter-move to T-Shirts's stream of Robert Covington. MG's #1 draft pick, Chris Paul, was excellent all season and proved instrumental in this Finals victory.

ALL HAIL THE CHAMP

Breakdown to come:

Best Draft Picks

Worst Draft Picks

Best Waiver Wire Pickups

Worst Draft Fliers

Best Overall Drafted Team

The results of some of these will surprise you! Stay tuned.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Congrats, Frustrated!

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004
:siren: 2014-15 SEASON RECAP: MOOS DROO // JAN VESELEAGUE :siren:

Best Waiver Wire Pickups
1. Hassan Whiteside (First Dibs: T-Shirts (1/12) Ended With: same)
2. Rudy Gobert (First Dibs: T-Shirts (11/24) Ended With: same)
3. Khris Middleton (First Dibs: Dion & The Waiters (12/19) Ended With: same)

4. Robert Covington (First Dibs: T-Shirts (12/15) Ended With: same)
5. Lou Williams (First Dibs: T-Shirts (11/17) Ended With: Cruisin for a Boozin)
6. Patrick Patterson (First Dibs: Cruisin for a Boozin (12/19) Ended With: DeMars Rover)
7. Ed Davis (First Dibs: T-Shirts (11/7) Ended With: White space)
8. Anthony Morrow (First Dibs: RussellMania (11/14) Ended With: Cruisin for a Boozin)
9. Mo Williams (First Dibs: T-Shirts (10/31) Ended With: MyHairsNapierThanYours)
10. Harrison Barnes (First Dibs: BGI's Ballers (11/17) Ended With: same)

Total domination by T-Shirts on the waiver wire. Note that he dropped Gobert once in November and picked him right back up. Nice grab by D&TW on Khris Middleton, otherwise this was a fairly sparse wire with some nice moments here and there.

BONUS: Paul George* (First Dibs: T-Shirts (2/20) Ended With: FA)

Almost.

Best Draft Picks
1. Danny Green (9.10, Dion & The Waiters)
2. Draymond Green (10.3, Dion & The Waiters)
3. Gorgui Dieng (11.9, RussellMania)

4. Pau Gasol (6.9, Manure Ginobili)
5. Jimmy Butler (6.10, BGI's Ballers)
6. Tyson Chandler (9.4, Manure Ginobili)
7. JJ Redick (9.1, MyHairsNapierThanYours)
8. DeMarre Carroll (10.8 I KNOW NOW Y U KAWHI)
9. Brandon Knight (10.12 MyHairsNapierThanYours)
10. Tobias Harris (8.6 Cruisin for a Boozin)

Dion & The Waiters boosted his adroit waiver wire work with some truly excellent draft selections, both named D. Green. Manure was sneakily good here, completing his colletion of Gasol brothers while adding a resurgent Tyson Chandler in later rounds. Each of these players was held all season by their owners - appropriately so.

Best Drafted Team (Balanced)
1st DeMars Rover (Leonard, George Hill, Kanter, Cousins)
2nd Easy Blake Oven (Aldridge, Ilyasova, Wall, Turner)
3rd James Harden's Beard (Duncan, Valanciunas, LeBron James, Josh Smith)

(6th place Manure Ginobili, 10th place T-Shirts)

Fascinatingly enough, here's how the playoffs would have gone if no moves or trades were allowed and we simmed with drafted players only. This would turn the league on its head, although amusingly the move-adverse James Harden's Beard would predictably be only slightly affected. We can observe here that T-Shirts really capitalized on the wire to cover his many lost draft selections over the course of the season.

Worst Draft Picks
1.Josh McRoberts (9.9 RussellMania) (Mercifully Released: 12/8)
2.Lance Stephenson (5.9 RussellMania) (Mercifully Released: Never)
3.Alec Burks (12.4 RussellMania) (Mercifully Released: 11/14)

4.Jabari Parker (6.6 Cruisin for a Boozin) (Mercifully Released: 12/19)
5.Ricky Rubio (5.3 BGI's Ballers) (Mercifully Released: Never)
6.Mirza Teletovic (12.10 BGI's Ballers) (Mercifully Released: 1/26)
7.Larry Sanders (7.3 BGI's Ballers) (Mercifully Released: 1/5)
8.Nikola Pekovic (8.2 Easy Blake Oven) (Mercifully Released: 12/19)
9.Anderson Varejao (11.1 MyHairsNapierThanYours) (Mercifully Released: 12/26)
10.Randy Foye (12.12 MyHairsNapierThanYours) (Mercifully Released: 11/3)

Yow... tough season to be RussellMania. Even though gold was struck via an 11th round swipe of Gorgui Dieng, there was way too much ground to make up here with the injury-depleted and overall fizzling mid-round picks. Lance Stephenson was a particular pain in the rear end because he kept playing horribly all season, but would have a good game every couple weeks or so and make one think he could overtake players like Michael Kidd-Gilchrist and Mo Williams for fantasy value. Well, he couldn't. The rest of these are your typical injury blow-ups. Rubio was the worst injury tease this season, which it kind of feels like he'll do for a few more seasons. You won't find me within 10-foot pole range of any of these names next year.

Best Draft Fliers
1.PJ Tucker (14.2 Easy Blake Oven) (Held Until: 11/7 Ended With: I KNOW NOW Y U KAWHI)
2.Brandan Wright (14.7 White space) (Held Until: 1/2 Ended With: Easy Blake Oven)
3.Ben McLemore (15.10 Dion & The Waiters) (Held Until: 10/31 Ended With: Cruisin for a Boozin)

4.Tony Allen (15.12 T-Shirts) (Held Until: 10/31 Ended With: I KNOW NOW Y U KAWHI)
5.Courtney Lee (14.8 I KNOW NOW Y U KAWHI) (Held Until: 3/13 Ended With: FA)
6.Corey Brewer (14.11 James Harden's Beard) (Held All Season)
7.Wesley Johnson (13.12 T-Shirts) (Held Until: 10/31 Ended With: FA)
8.Jarrett Jack (14.6 Cruisin for a Boozin) (Held Until: 11/17 Ended With: Dion & The Waiters)
9.Tristan Thompson (14.10 BGI's Ballers) (Held All Season)
10.Evan Turner (15.11 Easy Blake Oven) (Held All Season)

These were some sweet late-round grabs, players like this can make a huge difference as long as you're patient, which many people in the league were. Often times though, your trash will become someone else's treasure. Such is life in rounds 13-15.

Worst Draft Fliers
1.Julius Randle (15.1 MyHairsNapierThanYours) (Mercifully Released: 10/31)
2.Raymond Felton (14.9 Manure Ginobili) (Mercifully Released: 10/29)
3.JaVale McGee (13.9 RussellMania) (Mercifully Released: 1/2)

4.Kendall Marshall (15.7 Cruisin for a Boozin) (Mercifully Released: 10/31)
5.Ramon Sessions (15.6 White space) (Mercifully Released: 11/3)
6.Tony Wroten (15.2 James Harden's Beard) (Mercifully Released: 1/26)
7.Aaron Gordon (13.3 BGI's Ballers) (Mercifully Released: 11/16)
8.Dante Exum (14.4 RussellMania) (Mercifully Released: 11/7)
9.Vince Carter (13.10 Dion & The Waiters) (Mercifully Released: 11/17)
10.Nick Young (15.4 Manure Ginobili) (Mercifully Released: 10/29)

Most were lucky enough to get rid of these late-round albatrosses within the first couple weeks of the season, although Tony Wroten lingered like a bad fart to ruin the efficiency stats of James Harden's beard well into 2015. Special mention to Julius Randle who broke himself in his first NBA start. Not the most auspicious of notes for the defending champ, who went on to have a good season anyway.

BONUS: Steve Nash (15.8 DeMars Rover)* (Mercifully Released: 11/3)

This is the only drafted player not to register a single minute, there's a built-in excuse because DeMars Rover was autodrafting from France or something. Otherwise this would have been the worst flier.

TRADE REVIEW

Well since I'm the only person who initiated any trades, I'll just abbreviate my name and get through these. Overall, trades were excellent for me this year although there were some missteps along the way.

11/8
IKNYUK Sends: Monta Ellis
RussellMania Sends: Goran Dragic

Rest of Season Grade: C-
Playoffs Grade: A

While these two performed at rougly an equal level of value during the majority of the remaining season, Dragic came on strong in his full 12-game playoffs (courtesy of the trade to Miami) while Monta struggled in only 9 playoff games. Dragic posted 15.8 pts in 12 games at 49.3%/78% while Ellis, despite scoring more PPG at 19.4, only converted at rates of 42.9%/73%. It doesn't matter overmuch because I traded Dragic for an even better player at Christmas (details directly below).

12/26
IKNYUK Sends: Goran Dragic
DeMars Rover Sends: Kawhi Leonard

Rest of Season Grade: A-
Playoffs Grade: A++

Dragic was a playoff monster in most formats, but Kawhi was superhuman. With the same amount of games as Dragic (12) he obliterated Goran in every category other than assists. Kawhi's full playoff line per game: 18.1p/1.3three/6.4r/2.9a/2.8s/0.7b/1.6to at over 50% from the field and 80% from the line. Only three players were better than Kawhi in the playoffs. Kawhi was better than Dragic in the regular season as soon as he returned to speed as well; I only sacrificed 9 games of Leonard on the bench in order to do this trade. Best trade I've done in a while (sorry DeMars Rover).

IKNYUK Sends: Tyler Zeller
BGI's Ballers Sends: Channing Frye

Rest of Season Grade: D-
Playoffs Grade: F-

Zeller managed to find value thanks to an impossibly gimpy Olynyk. I would later recover Zeller and I believe BGI's ended up with Frye again, at least briefly. Not a shining moment but nothing was permanently lost and neither player adorned my roster by the playoffs. Zeller, to his credit, would have offered me a very serviceable playoffs line of 12.8p/5.6r in 12 games while shooting godly percentages of 60.9%/87%. He resided upon Dion & The Waiters's roster when all was said and done. Frye was scuttled away in what was overall a very poor season for the thoroughly shark-jumped stretch 4 position (they're becoming worse than tight ends in NFL fantasy).

IKNYUK Sends: Brandon Jennings
Cruisin for a Boozin sends: Wesley Johnson

Rest of Season Grade: B-
Playoffs Grade: INC

Despite Jennings suffering a season-ending Achilles tear only 16 games after this trade, Booz-Cruise was on his way to winning this one. Jennings was scoring almost 20 pts a game, with 2.6 threes and 1.3 steals supplemented by 7 assists/contest. Wesley Johnson delivered an underwhelming remainder of the season with tepid but serviceable threes, steals and blocks depending on the nightly whims of Byron Scott. I didn't hold Johnson for long and won this only by default.

1/7
IKNYUK Sends: Roy Hibbert
MyHairsNapierThanYours sends: Vince Carter

Rest of Season Grade: F-
Playoffs Grade: F

This trade went in an unfortunate direction for me. It would have been very nice to have Hibbert in the playoffs due to Indiana's unusual schedule (Thursdays, Sat-Sun B2B) giving them a better-than-paper schedule of extra activation nights. I had some ideas about punting blocks and finding the stretch Memphis swingman, and so I put the move through. Hey they can't all be winners. Hibbert ended up giving the defending champ 10 more games than Carter, with superior output in everything but threes. I dropped Carter not long after the move.

1/16
IKNYUK Doesn't Send: Amir Johnson
Manure Ginobili Doesn't Send: Carlos Boozer

Rest of Season Grade: would have been an F
Playoffs Grade: would have been an F-

I decided to get a bit selective and back out of this trade. I was already getting sick of Lakers players on my roster and didn't think that bringing in another one would add much value. I was correct, and narrowly avoided making the impending champ even stronger. Amir wasn't great in the playoffs by any means but his 7.3reb and 56.1% field goal rate would have been useful to more than a few teams. Boozer never got it going in the second half of the season and ended up only playing 6 playoff games when Byron Scott decided to rest his healthy starters.

1/23
IKNYUK Sends: Amir Johnson
RussellMania Sends: Paul Pierce

Rest of Season Grade: D
Playoffs Grade: F

The next trade went much better for me, if only for what I was able to translate it into at the deadline. Pierce and Johnson offered very different statlines for the remainder of the season. Pierce's shooting fell off in a major way (43.9%) though he still managed to convert 1.8 threes per contest.

3/8
IKNYUK Sends: Paul Pierce and Kyle Lowry
Easy Blake Oven Sends: LaMarcus Aldridge and Nick Young

Rest of Season Grade: A++++
Playoffs Grade: S

And here was the crown jewel - the trade that was supposed to vault me into the finals. Except, it didn't. With Young as an afterthought, the acquisition of Aldridge filled my need at PF/C and gave me a valid contender. I ran into T-Shirts, a brick wall who scoured the waiver wire clean for the best players available, but I strongly believe that I did everything I could through trades to give myself a chance to compete. Aldridge, whose health was in doubt, ended up providing 11 playoff games averaging 24/9.2 on 50.5%/75%. Lowry and Pierce combined for 11 games between themselves, and delivered mostly terrible numbers. Nick Young has cemented his place as an all-time punchline with yet another impressively dysfunctional season.

That's all for this year gang. Please come back next year if you can you are the best group on these here forums. Special thanks to Manure Ginobili for deciding to play and following up on his threat to rightfully steal back the championship. Until next time...

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
good post

congrats frustrated

my season :suicide:

H-Tail
Dec 18, 2005

"I'm not a crybaby"
This was an excellently competitive league again this year, thanks for hosting it again spacejung. I was just starting to pull it together at the deadline, and couldn't find any trades I wanted to make, and then I got decimated by injuries in the last month or so. Next year :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004
That should do it for this year! Anyone who wants to do fantasy playoff stuff, go ahead and join my NBA Drive to the Finals league at http://fantasy.nba.com/share_redirect?target=http%3A%2F%2Ffantasy.nba.com%2Fdrive%2Fleagues%2F2249

Password = REVENGEANCE

• Locked thread