Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
spacejung
Feb 8, 2004
WELCOME BACK

VARIANT RULES

RULE 1 - Positions G, G, G, SF, PF, PF, F, C, Util, Util, Util, BN, BN, BN, BN
The rosters and benches are extremely deep, so there will not be a lot of great talent on the wire - considering that, I've geared the starting positions to eliminate positional scarcity as much as possible. I based my math on last year's Yahoo rankings and this year's Yahoo positions. Scarcity at shooting guard/center and over-abundance at power forward remain my findings, and I'm mitigating them by installing three Guard spots with no SG required and an extra PF spot instead of the traditional extra C spot.

RULE 2 - Continuous Rolling Waiver System (Updates Mon, Fri Morning)
I like this system in NFL Fantasy so I want to see if I like it in NBA. I was reluctant at first to sacrifice the 'art of the lightning fast injury pickup' but this hopefully makes it so members don't have to spend so much free time thinking about fantasy and reading alerts. It also discourages streaming. If you're anything like me you will let fantasy games win over your social life occasionally and so I want to remove the temptation as much as possible. The waiver claims will go into effect twice a week, once on Mondays at the start of the week and once on Fridays, permitting players to make adjustments heading into weekend games if they deem it necessary.

RULE 3 - Trade Take-Backs 2-Day Evaluation Period
The purpose of this rule is to encourage trade speculation but support fair trades. I will never unilaterally veto a trade unless I am somehow able to determine that its purpose is to disrupt the balance of the game on purpose. If both managers want to do the trade, they can do it. Even if it makes people mad. However, I need to provide some outlet for the persons who get mad about trades, because in many cases their complaints have merit. So here's the deal: If you can convince either side of a trade that they are making a bad trade, and they wish to cancel it, they can. I leave veto or 'take-back' power in the hands of the individuals making the trade. Another consequence of this rule is its implications towards player injuries that happen during the trade review period. If the injury happens after the trade has been accepted and the review period has already started, you're stuck with it - both sides lose their veto right. If the injury happened before the trade was accepted, both sides have the right to veto. I am aware that this logic is somewhat circuitous but I've thought it through and to me it's the best way to prevent common abuses.

Other than the above rules, it's standard 9-category head to head. I've added another player from my own stable of fierce competitators but I am recruiting from LAST YEAR'S MEMBERS first. If all three of last year's members who haven't registered yet return, we'll expand to 14 owners and I'll punt a bench spot over the horizon.

ROSTER
1. IRL Friend (MyHairsNapierThanUrs) (née Lick My Nuggets) CHAMPION
2. Frustrated (Manure Ginobili)
3. spacejung (I KNOW NOW WHY U KAWHI) (née WADE AND FOUND WANTING)
4. YamataNaOrochi (James Harden's Beard)(née Shaqramento Queens)
5. H-Tail (Cruisin for a Boozin)
6. IRL Friend (T-Shirts) (née Turkey)
7. Metapod (RussellMania) (née Dam It Perkins!!!!)
8. MagicCube (Rudy's Gay Friend)
9. Brogeoisie (White Space) (née Jason Kidd's BAC)
10. Ishin (BGI's Ballers)
11. jabro (Easy Blake Oven)
X. IRL Friend (Trevor's Team)

(12) Mr.AARP (KyrieOnMyWaywardSon)

All I really care about in players is that they will play to the end. Please do this and we will laugh about it together one day in the kingdom of b-ball heaven.

:siren: RECRUITMENT IS CLOSED UNTIL 10/21 ALLOWING LAST YEAR'S MEMBERS A ONE WEEK WINDOW TO RE-JOIN :siren:

Draft Time: Sun Oct 26 3:15pm PDT

spacejung fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Oct 21, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
I'm in and ready to take the belt

Frustrated
Jun 12, 2003

So frustrated I lost the championship by one f'ing block last year.

Unfortunately, I signed up but I can't make the draft as I will be in the middle of a wedding on the afternoon of the 26th. I'm basically out from Friday the 24th through Monday the 27th. If you need to replace me feel free.

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004

Frustrated posted:

So frustrated I lost the championship by one f'ing block last year.

Unfortunately, I signed up but I can't make the draft as I will be in the middle of a wedding on the afternoon of the 26th. I'm basically out from Friday the 24th through Monday the 27th. If you need to replace me feel free.

Are you available in that timeslot on Saturday?

I can't move it up earlier than that weekend but if there is a time (maybe earlier in the day on Saturday) that's good so you can at least make your first picks, let me know and I'll try to fix it.

spacejung fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Oct 16, 2014

Frustrated
Jun 12, 2003

spacejung posted:

Are you available in that timeslot on Saturday?

I can't move it up earlier than that weekend but if there is a time (maybe earlier in the day on Saturday) that's good so you can at least make your first picks, let me know and I'll try to fix it.

Unfortunately it's a wedding with some good friends and I'm gonna be busy pretty much non stop the entire weekend since I'm in the wedding party and the wedding is on Sunday. Additionally I think my fiancee would kill me if I left an event to draft a fantasy basketball team. Feel free to replace me.

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004

Frustrated posted:

Unfortunately it's a wedding with some good friends and I'm gonna be busy pretty much non stop the entire weekend since I'm in the wedding party and the wedding is on Sunday. Additionally I think my fiancee would kill me if I left an event to draft a fantasy basketball team. Feel free to replace me.

If you can pre-set your draft rankings, I want to keep you in.

If you don't feel like it or don't have time, then I guess I'll be needin' another good gune.

Frustrated
Jun 12, 2003

spacejung posted:

If you can pre-set your draft rankings, I want to keep you in.

If you don't feel like it or don't have time, then I guess I'll be needin' another good gune.

I pre-set my rankings. Have no idea how that will play out, but guess it's better than nothing!

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004

Frustrated posted:

I pre-set my rankings. Have no idea how that will play out, but guess it's better than nothing!

I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

Ok, that closes recruiting, our roster above stands. Thanks go out to everyone who returned.

insideoutsider
Aug 31, 2003

You want a van? I get you a van.
I am interested in participating in this league. Is there still an open spot? Let me know I'd be more than happy to join and be an active participant.

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004

insideoutsider posted:

I am interested in participating in this league. Is there still an open spot? Let me know I'd be more than happy to join and be an active participant.

Recruitment is closed up for now but if you choose to accept it, you have #1 claim if something happens within the next week where a team has to bow out.

insideoutsider
Aug 31, 2003

You want a van? I get you a van.

spacejung posted:

Recruitment is closed up for now but if you choose to accept it, you have #1 claim if something happens within the next week where a team has to bow out.

Awesome, thanks. I'll keep my eye on this thread.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
He will lead me to victory or get beat up trying

Frustrated
Jun 12, 2003

Auto draft wants all the centers!

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Just out of curiosity are you doing the weekly awards again this year?

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004

Metapod posted:

Just out of curiosity are you doing the weekly awards again this year?

No I'm going to something shorter and simpler. I will try to come up with some fun weeks and stuff but I'm busier in general this year. Please, as always, post, toast and roast.

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004

spacejung posted:

No I'm going to something shorter and simpler. I will try to come up with some fun weeks and stuff but I'm busier in general this year. Please, as always, post, toast and roast.

Power Rankings coming on Sunday. Contest to be announced soon. #stayprayedup

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004
POWER RANKINGS #1 (WEEK 3) AND CONTEST ANNOUNCEMENT

1. MyHairsNapierThanUrs
(Leader- BLK)
MVPs: Davis, Knight, Favors
MIAs: Beverley

The repeat bid is on, but is the pantry re-stocked? Mild injury complications haven't been enough to derail an excellent start. 4.4 blks/game from Davis should be unsustainable but watching the games makes you wonder if it's not.

2. James Harden's Beard
(Leader- STL)
MVPs: Wade
MIAs: Jo. Smith, Brewer

With Wade doing the heavy lifting, it's surprise breakouts from players like Tony Wroten (21.9ppg/6.7apg/2.7spg) that have buoyed slow starts from this team's LeBron/Irving combo.

3. Manure Ginobili
(Leader- FG%, PTS, REB)
MVPs: Paul, Nowitzki, Gay

Last year's regular season champ looks ready to mount another campaign with all cylinders firing to start the season. Those 10.5 assists/game from Chris Paul will go a long way if they last especially if bolstered by 11.2 from Rondo. Tony Allen has gotten some extra burn and turned it into a whopping 2.6 steals/game. Balanced and healthy with plenty of depth.

4. I KNOW NOW WHY YOU KAWHI
(Leader- FT%, AST)
MVPs: Curry, Hayward, Hibbert
MIAs: Miles, Andersen

I'll be ok. Curry's 3.5 stl/game and Hibbert's 3.7 blk/game are things I can't bank on for the rest of the season, but they're enjoyable while they last. Health and depth seemed like a mild concern coming into this week but it's comforting to have #1 waiver priority for when I find that special addition.

5. White space
MVPs: Vucevic, DeRozan
MIAs: Kirilenko, D. Lee, Stuckey

Vucevic can really ball (18.6/12.3), certainly enough to make up for a slow-starting Al Jefferson(22.7/7.4 but 55% from the line). This team is utterly plagued by injuries but if can ever get healthy the very top of the rankings will be threatened.

6. Cruisin for a Boozin
MVPs: Sullinger

This is such a well-constructed team, there's a lot to love here even if the numbers aren't eye-popping in any individual category. You can win a lot of matches this way especially if players like Sullinger and Olynyk continue to break out. Taj Gibson has been living up to expectations as well.

7. BGI's Ballers
MVPs: Harden, Sanders, Batum
MIAs: Livingston, Wiggins

This team is all about Harden, who has unleashed the wrecking ball at a pace of 90.8%FT with 10.9 free throw attempts/game. That is a very strong foundation to build on for a balanced team like this one.

8. T-Shirts
(Leader- 3PT)
MVPs: Lillard, Ariza, Ibaka
MIAs: O'Quinn, E. Gordon

Ariza's play has been everything hoped for and more. That was remarked upon as a great pick during the draft and has paid excellent dividends with 3.1 makes from deep per contest. Between that and Lillard's 2.7, and good wire pickups like Ed Davis (who has made 71% of his fg attempts so far) this team is likely to be upwardly mobile in the standings.

9. DeMars Rover
(Leader- TO)
MVPs: Cousins
MIAs: Splitter

Although this owner didn't get to complete the final picks of the draft due to a trans-oceanic time-out, the results of the draft were quite promising. Specifically, the combination of Cousins(23/11.1) and Collison(6.3ast/2stl) has been very potent during the first two weeks of the season.

10. Dion & The Waiters
MVPs: Mark. Morris
MIAs: Waiters, Carter

The future is mortgaged for Kevin Durant, the consensus overall #1 pick who blew a tire in preseason. When the time comes, revenge will be glorious but for now there's little else to do but to capitalize on categorical contributions from the likes of Markieff Morris (51.7%FG), Thaddeus Young (1.7stl), Eric Bledsoe (5.1ast), Blake Griffin (24.5pts), Nerlens Noel (1.8blk) and Mario Chalmers (1.6stl).

11. Easy Blake Oven
MVPs: Wall, Matthews, Aldridge
MIAs: M. Barnes

Utterly excellent play from John Wall to begin this season, registering 19pts/8.7ast/2.6stl. That's enough to set you on the course to a winning record right there - just don't forget to set those line-ups!

12. RussellMania
MVPs: Bosh, Korver
MIAs: Payton, McRoberts

This team is interesting to me because there's so much variance in each category. It is fun to watch and I imagine a bit of a pain to compete against. Aside from Bosh's mastery in points and rebounds (23.6/10.3) there is 3PT from Korver, REB/BLK from Howard, AST from Payton and jack of all trade stats from Stephenson. I tend to underrate Metapod teams so we'll see how things go in the next couple weeks.

Share your thoughts about the rankings - argue, call me out, or better yet throw down the gauntlet against someone improperly ranked higher than you!

I will have some fun contests this season but for now, just this generic one:

The first person to beat another team in a humiliating 9-0 slaughter will win a SPECIAL PRIZE of my choosing from the NBA Team Store of their choosing. Happy hunting...

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
You underestimate me now but later when I kick your rear end with a 8-1 victory(dwight howard is gonna lose me ft% :negative:) you'll be crying.

Ishin
Dec 31, 2008

~the animatronic spirit of
so many forgotten waves
New downside to working 70 hour weeks, forgetting to set daily line-up while at work. loving monster "Milsap" game on bench.

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004
You guys have cool avatars.

Keep gunning for that 9-0, this is going to be more competetive than last season. I can already tell.

Ishin
Dec 31, 2008

so many forgotten waves
I <3 Jimmy Buckets.

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004
POWER RANKINGS #2 (WEEK 5) AND NEW CONTEST ANNOUNCEMENT

1. MyHairsNapierThanUrs
PREVIOUSLY 1 (-)
(Leader- 3PT, PTS, BLK)
MVPs: DAVIS!
MIAs: Mo Williams, Copeland

Down to 2.9 blocks/game from Davis in this two-week period, we nevertheless have just one early entrant for fantasy MVP. Convincing victories over a difficult schedule. Leader with a bullet in three categories.

2. Manure Ginobili
PREVIOUSLY 3 (+1)
(Leader- REB)
MVPs: Paul, M. Gasol

Balanced and tough to face in any given week. Great contributions during this interval from Zach Randolph (12.7 rpg) and Rajon Rondo (10.3 apg). Threes are punted but it's going to be tough to put together 5 categories vs. this team.

3. T-Shirts
PREVIOUSLY 8 (+5)
MVPs: Lillard

There are a few different factors that go in to these rankings - one of them is sustainability. With contributions from the entire roster and a stock of good young players, this team is not very vulnerable to injury. Conspicuous during this two-week session was Isaiah Thomas, perfect from the line while shooting 5.9 attempts per contest.

4. Cruisin for a Boozin
PREVIOUSLY 6 (+2)
MVPs: T. Harris

Rising in the world is this balanced squad. Early struggles from Drummond have given way to more consistent contributions; Ty Lawson has also turned up his dial, with 11 assists/game in the last 7 contests.

5. James Harden's Beard
PREVIOUSLY 2 (-3)
(Leader- STL)
MVPs: Irving, Duncan
MIAs: Carter-Williams, Wroten, Wade

Fear the beard perhaps, but we don't fear the 76ers starting backcourt. Wroten and MCW are hard at work tanking both percentages for this team at a respective .397/.560 and .348/.613 on... many attempts per game. Yuck. Bright spot? 2 blocks a game in the recent 8 game stretch from the ageless Tim Duncan.

6. I KNOW NOW WHY YOU KAWHI
PREVIOUSLY 4 (-2)
(Leader- FT%, AST)
MIAs: Carroll, Miles, Andersen

The giant slumbers but will awaken soon. Props to Brandon Jennings for his recent strong play, I hope that thumb turns out to be nothing too bad.

7. RussellMania
PREVIOUSLY 12 (+5)
MVPs: C. Anthony, Jackson
MIAs: McGee, Payton, Howard, McRoberts

I knew I was selling him short! This team, characterized by harsh upside and downside, matches well with the opponents on offer in this league. Crucial are huge scoring efforts (Melo with 28.1ppg in last 7) and strong defensive stats (Adams with 2.3 blocks in previous 8).

8. BGI's Ballers
PREVIOUSLY 7 (-1)
MVPs: Millsap
MIAs: Batum, Schroder, Livingston, Sanders

Despite great contributions from the top 5, some of these players are not getting enough floor-time to make a difference - hopefully this turns around. I'm curious to know why you picked up Schroder towards the end of week 4... Hawks fan or just a bare cupboard on the wire? Blame me for the latter.

9. DeMars Rover
PREVIOUSLY 9 (-)
(Leader- TO)
MVPs: K. Thompson, Leonard
MIAs: Rose

Owning Rose must suck. At least you can take solace in Kawhi swiping 2.1 per contest in his most recent 8 games, and a stalwart rebounding performance from pickup Jordan Hill (11 rpg in last 8).

10. Dion & The Waiters
PREVIOUSLY 10 (-)
MVPs: Da. Green
MIAs: Noel, Ma. Plumlee, T. Young

Breathe deep and wait for KD. Perplexing are Mason Plumlee's .259 FG% in his last 7, and Nerlens only hitting 9 of his last 24 free throw attempts. Luckily those trends are far from certain to persist - health will bring a positive change here.

11. White space
PREVIOUSLY 5 (-6)
(Leader- FG%)
MVPs: Vucevic
MIAs: Iguodala

Vuc keeps the love train rolling with 12 rebounds/game in his last 8 matchups. An alarming amount of people in leagues are dropping Andre Iguodala this week, who has dwindled down to 25 mpg accompanied by a punishing .429 FT% rate. At least he can only put up 1.2/game in his low minutes.

12. Easy Blake Oven
PREVIOUSLY 11 (-1)
MIAs: Calderon, Hilario, Oladipo, Pekovic

Getting blown out multiple times early in the season is tough to recover from. Remember to make use of the handy "Start Active Players" button. Injuries are also a problem.

Again, share your thoughts about the rankings - these are based on my holistic opinion so feel free to voice your own!

CONTESTS OPEN
Beat someone 9-0 (Special Prize)

NEW CONTEST
I'm putting out a bounty on the single week records from last season. I've already shattered the FT% one, but there are many left, some of which you should be able to tackle! Note, I'm including worst turnovers instead of best turnovers, since I'd rather reward largesse than inattention.

Ye olde record books say:

FG%: Shaqramento Queens, Week 10 2013, .540
3PT: Cruisin for a Boozin, Week 13 2013, 79
PTS: Cruisin for a Boozin, Week 13 2013, 938
REB: Dam It Perkins!!!!, Week 19 2013, 368
AST: Cruisin for a Boozin, Week 20 2013, 223
STL: Jason Kidd's BAC, Week 19 2013, 76
BLK: Shaqramento Queens, Week 13 2013, 56
TO: Cruisin for a Boozin, Week 13 2013, 141

Wow, I hope I don't face Cruisin on Week 13 this year! Anyway, try to break one of these records. The first player to take one down will win a special themed prize.

Until next time, ballificate in peace my gentle padawans.

Ishin
Dec 31, 2008

so many forgotten waves

spacejung posted:

8. BGI's Ballers
I'm curious to know why you picked up Schroder towards the end of week 4... Hawks fan or just a bare cupboard on the wire? Blame me for the latter.

All my guards got injured at once and Jameer Nelson was sucking rear end. So combining that with a bare waiver wire that week Schroeder was the only meh option with a few games that week. Not being home and forgetting to put Harden in my line-up one night sure didn't help things :(

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

spacejung posted:

POWER RANKINGS #2 (WEEK 5) AND NEW CONTEST ANNOUNCEMENT

12. Easy Blake Oven
PREVIOUSLY 11 (-1)
MIAs: Calderon, Hilario, Oladipo, Pekovic

Getting blown out multiple times early in the season is tough to recover from. Remember to make use of the handy "Start Active Players" button. Injuries are also a problem.

It wouldn't be fair or fun if I just blew everyone away out of the gate. Need to give you guys a fair head start.

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004

jabro posted:

It wouldn't be fair or fun if I just blew everyone away out of the gate. Need to give you guys a fair head start.

I like our duel to the death in the July Mock Draft have you checked that recently?

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

spacejung posted:

I like our duel to the death in the July Mock Draft have you checked that recently?

Every week. It's my best performing fantasy league team. Only 2.24 points separate us which is insane for this late in the season.

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004

jabro posted:

Every week. It's my best performing fantasy league team. Only 2.24 points separate us which is insane for this late in the season.

It's my best too and I'm not even mad about it at all. We should be drat proud of those silly teams.

So, any bets on which record will be the first to go down? I'm thinking that total of 76 steals looks somewhat attainable...

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

spacejung posted:

It's my best too and I'm not even mad about it at all. We should be drat proud of those silly teams.

So, any bets on which record will be the first to go down? I'm thinking that total of 76 steals looks somewhat attainable...

blocks will be the one that goes down first

Ishin
Dec 31, 2008

so many forgotten waves
Have I mentioned how much I loving love Jimmy Buckets recently? Because I love Jimmy Buckets.

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004
This week marks about 1/5 of the season in the tank, how does the group feel about your teams? I might come up with some analyses to help spark a little trade action.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

spacejung posted:

This week marks about 1/5 of the season in the tank, how does the group feel about your teams? I might come up with some analyses to help spark a little trade action.

Dumpster fire. It's my fault though. I got the times mixed up for the draft so i missed it and I don't watch enough basketball to know about potential sleepers or breakout candidates.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

spacejung posted:

I like my team. It justs needs to get healthy and stevenson needs to start hitting his shot

Frustrated
Jun 12, 2003

I'm pretty happy sitting in 2nd place. I feel like my team will more consistently win heads up matches this year, but since I'm punting 3s my chance at the elusive 9-0 is much lower than last year.

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

My first fifth of the year was dominated by injuries, but I didn't really want to replace them, especially the Pacers because of how much oppourtunity is there with George out. Now that West is back and Rose has played 4 games in a row I'm feeling a bit better going forward, especially if Rose can stay healthy (HAHA).

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004

jabro posted:

Dumpster fire. It's my fault though. I got the times mixed up for the draft so i missed it and I don't watch enough basketball to know about potential sleepers or breakout candidates.

I would say that all is not lost. You have the makings of an effective small-ball team with that roster. I'd recommend eschewing some players who aren't seeing 20 min/game.

Metapod posted:

I like my team. It justs needs to get healthy and stevenson needs to start hitting his shot

Pretty much that yeah. You'll be in the mix as long as Melo is effective. Bosh was a really nice pick.

Frustrated posted:

I'm pretty happy sitting in 2nd place. I feel like my team will more consistently win heads up matches this year, but since I'm punting 3s my chance at the elusive 9-0 is much lower than last year.

You win a lot, I'm pretty sure you have the only uninjured team as well. I look forward to our match coming up soon.

MagicCube posted:

My first fifth of the year was dominated by injuries, but I didn't really want to replace them, especially the Pacers because of how much oppourtunity is there with George out. Now that West is back and Rose has played 4 games in a row I'm feeling a bit better going forward, especially if Rose can stay healthy (HAHA).

I traded Rose for Chalmers in another league. Before the season started. Your team has nice positional balance.

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004
POWER RANKINGS #3 (WEEK 7) AND NEW CONTEST ANNOUNCEMENT

1. MyHairsNapierThanUrs
PREVIOUSLY 1 (-)
(Leader- FG%, 3PT, PTS, BLK)
MVPs: A. Davis, Knight
MIAs: Beverley

As if Davis's disgusting contributions in PTS/REB/STL/BLK/FG% weren't enough, DeAndre Jordan has come alive averaging 13.8reb/3.3blk in his previous 6 games. This undefeated team is a threat to run away with it. Stop the champ!

2. Manure Ginobili
PREVIOUSLY 2 (-)
(Leader- REB)
MVPs: Paul, T. Chandler

15.3 rebounds per contest (last SEVEN) from Tyson Chandler go a long way to what has been the best 6-week sequence of rebounding in our league's two-year history. Tough matchup for Manure this week but plenty of opportunities ahead with this counting-stats monster of a team.

3. T-Shirts
PREVIOUSLY 3 (-)
MIAs: Faried

KJ McDaniels has been an excellent waiver pickup with 2.2 blocks in previous six; paired with 3bpg in a similar time frame from Ibaka that category is a near lock weekly. G. Green and Ariza light it up well with each averaging 3 threes per night in their last six. Tough and balanced.

4. I KNOW NOW WHY YOU KAWHI
PREVIOUSLY 6 (+2)
(Leader- FT%, AST)
MVPs: CURRY, Teague, Lowry
MIAs: Hibbert, Jennings, Miles, JR Smith

I should probably start making add/drops or trades, but I'm hesitant to use that #1 waiver priority until one of you screws up. PLEASE SCREW UP SOON. Curry has single-handedly carried this team with 24.3ppg/3.3threes/7.7apg in last 7.

5. James Harden's Beard
PREVIOUSLY 5 (-)
MIAs: Wroten

MCW has turned 37.6 mpg in his last 6 into 17ppg/8.5rpg/11/5apg. Oh yeah, and also .402/.667/4.8tov. Giveth and taketh away. LeBron has uncharacteristically tanked FT/tov as of late. Inefficient but deep team.

6. Cruisin for a Boozin
PREVIOUSLY 4 (-2)
MVPs: Drummond
MIAs: Gibson

Despite being on a murderous roll, this team must now contend with an equally brutal ROS. Drummond has pulled down 11.8reb in his last 8, while Ty Lawson has distributed 11.3ast in each of his last 7. All bets are off when we're dealing with Pistons this year, however.

7. BGI's Ballers
PREVIOUSLY 8 (+1)
MVPs: Millsap, Harden
MIAs: Teletovic, Wiggins

I really wish I hadn't talked poo poo about Dennis Schroder. His teammate Millsap erupted for 2.8spg in his last 8 and the two players mesh excellently with Harden's killer PTS/FT%. Bottom of the bench is nearly shooting the team out of matchups however.

8. Dion & The Waiters
PREVIOUSLY 10 (+2)
(Leader- STL)
MVPs: Da. Green

Durant is back and he can't return to form soon enough for this team to begin its standings climb. Admirable fill-ins over the past two weeks include Danny Green's 2.6 threes in 7, Blake Griffin posting 24.5pts/7.7reb in 6, Wilson Chandler's 2.9 threes in 7 and the swiss army knife of Draymond Green returning overall 2nd-round value(including the most killer line of the season which was accidentally benched... d'oh!)

9. DeMars Rover
PREVIOUSLY 9 (-)
(Leader- TO)
MVPs: K. Thompson
MIAs: Cole

Klay has really been lighting it up as his Warriors roll the rest of the league. 19.3pts/2.7three/1.7stl in his last 7 can take you a long way. This team has good individual categorical contributors but needs to find its way soon with injuries piling up.

10. White space
PREVIOUSLY 11 (+1)
MIAs: Vucevic, DeRozan

Bogut has been massive with 3bpg in his last 7 contests. We have to hope that will continue in order to capitalize on Russell's return and stave off the injury bug. Nice pickup of Rasual Butler! <--cool sentence I am writing in 2014

11. RussellMania
PREVIOUSLY 7 (-4)
MVPs: Korver, Ellis
MIAs: Payton, Adams, McGee

No seller's remorse from me on Ellis, despite his malevolent 24.1ppg/2.3spg in a 7-game sequence. With Korver splashing 2.8 threes in his last 8, categorical victories are always within reach. Underperforming players need to step it up consistently to keep this Metapod squad in contention (looking at you Lance).

12. Easy Blake Oven
PREVIOUSLY 11 (-1)
MIAs: Nene

Just not hitting those lineups consistently. Sucks cause this team is good.

CONTESTS OPEN
Beat someone 9-0 (Special Prize)
Take an all-time weekly record (Special Prize)

NEW SA-ONLY CONTEST
Help Jabro with a foolproof method to set your lineups in advance. Best/most original advice wins. Respond to this post and I'll award a new avatar of your (or dealer's) choice by the end of the week (award on Dec. 14).

That leaves us with three contests open! Time to start knocking these down! I believe in you. As always my rankings are highly debatable so sound off in the comment section.

Ball with peace my graceful twirling acrobatic Flippers. Like the dolphin I mean

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

My entry in helping jabro remember. I've set my lineups for the week but Yahoo always misses games. I've set them again and set my calender to remind me to check every day.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

spacejung posted:

11. RussellMania
PREVIOUSLY 7 (-4)
MVPs: Korver, Ellis
MIAs: Payton, Adams, McGee

No seller's remorse from me on Ellis, despite his malevolent 24.1ppg/2.3spg in a 7-game sequence. With Korver splashing 2.8 threes in his last 8, categorical victories are always within reach. Underperforming players need to step it up consistently to keep this Metapod squad in contention (looking at you Lance).

Lance has to be able to get out of this slump at some point, right?

My bulletproof way to make sure Jabro always has his lineup set: release four players so you have no bench and then only check in on injuries

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004
No rankings this week... everyone is ranked #1 in the spirit of the season or whatever.

Jabro you win your challenge, name your avatar or just go for dealer's choice. Metapod honorable mention

I hope everyone is having a good day, maybe I'll see a couple of you tonight in Warriors @ Clippers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

H-Tail
Dec 18, 2005

"I'm not a crybaby"
Oh poo poo I didn't even realise this thread existed, I thought we were just playing through Yahoo now

• Locked thread