Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eye of Widesauron

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eye of Widesauron

See its funny because who uses gamefly seriously

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

Widestancer posted:

See its funny because who uses gamefly seriously

literally nobody

Pedantra

by Lowtax

Widestancer posted:

The poo poo is stupid but it falls under a much larger umbrella of issues with the internet and gaming journalists are not special snowflakes when it comes to harassment online.

The entire thing is loving retarded and the woman behind the whole thing that started it even posted in Imp Zone apologizing for it since it's all really loving dumb on either side.

I have a PM from her telling me that she'd just like to be able to talk about stuff like a normal person. Neither side is helping her do that.

Amazingly none of the people who cared so much about gamergate even realized that Zoey Quinn was posting in their thread but some of us picked up on it. Go figure.

theres actually a right side and a wrong side on this issue, and hyou are on the wrong side by taking no side, and zoey quinn would be too, if she actually had a neutral perspective on the matter (which she doesnt, im sure). im glad that you came out and told everyone that you think a girl who a bunch of fat nerds tried to run a smear campaign against for having sex was "also in the wrong," regardless if she found humor in it and made a big issue out of it, so that i have someone new to tell to gently caress off all the time.

Pedantra

by Lowtax
it doesnt take a highly moral person or feminist to know that some people are more wrong than others, and this is one of those times by orders of magnitude

Eye of Widesauron

Pedantra posted:

theres actually a right side and a wrong side on this issue, and hyou are on the wrong side by taking no side, and zoey quinn would be too, if she actually had a neutral perspective on the matter (which she doesnt, im sure). im glad that you came out and told everyone that you think a girl who a bunch of fat nerds tried to run a smear campaign against for having sex was "also in the wrong," regardless if she found humor in it and made a big issue out of it, so that i have someone new to tell to gently caress off all the time.

Jesus loving christ

Full-Bodied Flavor

thats a good post pedantra but please lock this thread again julio

Matoi Ryuko

Pedantra posted:

Oh now I understand!!

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

Bwee
Why cant I just play my video games without worrying about crucial social issues that extend far beyond gamergate. Luckily the truth is in the middle

tao of lmao

Full-Bodied Flavor posted:

thats a good post pedantra but please lock this thread again julio

gotcha

same rules apply: PM me something funny and i'll reopen it

i am he

Bwee posted:

Why cant I just play my video games without worrying about crucial social issues that extend far beyond gamergate. Luckily the truth is in the middle

dogcrash truther

full-bodied flavor is on my radar. i think they might be an up and comer

i am he

dogcrash truther posted:

full-bodied flavor is on my radar. i think they might be an up and comer

he is. check out his videos in the whose line thread for mroe evidence.

dogcrash truther

i am he posted:

he is. check out his videos in the whose line thread for mroe evidence.

i will. also i like this video which finally gives me what i truly desire: death

dogcrash truther
modposting in a closed thread is one of the chillest things of all time

i am he

dogcrash truther posted:

modposting in a closed thread is one of the chillest things of all time

word

tao of lmao

dogcrash truther
well played julio

tao of lmao

quote:

ulvir wrote on Oct 29, 2014 5:58 PM:

post this in the #gamergate thread
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rr2JPjhtGZA

cheers

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

my son's been sick the last day and a half but i'm here to tell you this thread should be the secret mod chat thread for dct, i am he, and me so we can infuriate everyone much like ganergate

dogcrash truther
tell that manly lookin child to get well or else, then show him a picture of a truck

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

he has had croup and cried in the night and coughs like a barking seal i'm very tired but he's also now sleeping with medicine and this thread where it's just you and me is super relaxing

i am he

and me

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

we should get a margarita mixer in here or something

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

nice welcome

i am he

im drinking wine and making brownies :cheers:. hope your boy feels better and grows up to be very strong.

dogcrash truther

Bo-Pepper posted:

he has had croup and cried in the night and coughs like a barking seal i'm very tired but he's also now sleeping with medicine and this thread where it's just you and me is super relaxing

It's like a bubble bath

dogcrash truther
croup is one of those weird kid diseases that only kids get and it sounds made up, like hand foot and mouth, or gelm, or natrious endropsy

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

he's feeling a lot better and so am i while we post in this sacred haven all to ourselves

i am he

dogcrash truther posted:

croup is one of those weird kid diseases that only kids get and it sounds made up, like hand foot and mouth, or gelm, or natrious endropsy

i thought bo pepper's brain glitched (due to his old) and he confused a fancy food word with whatever disease his kid has.

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

my son also had hand foot mouth disease at some point he is a filthy monster

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

i'm glad we can have this quiet chat about this all to ourselves

dogcrash truther

Bo-Pepper posted:

my son also had hand foot mouth disease at some point he is a filthy monster

all kids get that, is what I hear

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

last week i was bundled up on the couch with baby bo-pepper. we were watching choo choo chwains otherwise known as thomas the tank engine. thomas was learning a gentle lesson about listening to his friends. he giggled as i poked at his armpit and wiggled his piggies. as the show ended he looked up at me, innocence in his eyes and said "it's about ethics in journalism"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tao of lmao

You should see my pm box right now. Desperate pleas to re-open this thread so users could continue making funny posts. They promise not to realpost, they say. They promise to put time and effort into each and every joke. Honing the edge of their wit several times over before hitting the post button. They promise to use capitalization and punctuation. They even promised not to let the trolls get under their skin. I would love nothing more than to do this but I will not, for baby bopep is finally sleeping, and I respect that.

• Locked thread