Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
koolkal
Oct 21, 2008

this thread maybe doesnt have room for 2 green xbox one avs
man u loving suck op

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StoryTime
Feb 26, 2010

Now listen to me children and I'll tell you of the legend of the Ninja
uPlay lost my Heroes VI saves which made me play more Heroes VI.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

uplay is just another barrier between me and games. it boggles my mind where we are now... it used to be all games were just a power button away. but now we have to go through so much... so much BULLSHIT just to play a game. i just want to play a game. i just want to play a game. i'm not voting for a president. i'm not launching a nuke. i shouldn't have to jump through all these hoops to play a game. why can't i just play a game. i want to play a game. i want to play a game. don't stand in my way. i want to play a game.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
The console version of Uplay you don't even notice it because its so unintrusive, but the PC version... yeesh. It's like they got their design philosophy from Ezio Auditore from Florence, it's so outdated!

Pumprag
Jan 29, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gWOgd8iS2E

koolkal
Oct 21, 2008

Buschmaki posted:

The console version of Uplay you don't even notice it because its so unintrusive, but the PC version... yeesh. It's like they got their design philosophy from Ezio Auditore from Florence, it's so outdated!

the console version of uplay is so bad that it died when watchdogs came out

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica
is uplay the thing that prevents my nephews from being able to play an offline plants versus zombies garden warfare game??

god i HATE always logged on bullshit

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
plants versus zombies garden warfare

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider
Holy poo poo. You have no idea how badly I want to post in this thread but it would be a terrible idea.
... Well, some of you might.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Gimbal lock posted:

Holy poo poo. You have no idea how badly I want to post in this thread but it would be a terrible idea.

I was actually waiting for you to show up yeah

koolkal
Oct 21, 2008

Gimbal lock posted:

:justpost:

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Sir AIDS posted:

Da gently caress...*Tries to look away but can;t* YODA!!! NO!!! *Shakes fist* drat you god! drat you to hell! Thanks for bacon though.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Sir AIDS posted:

Da gently caress...*Tries to look away but can;t* YODA!!! NO!!! *Shakes fist* drat you god! drat you to hell! Thanks for bacon though.

lol

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
After much contemplation over the info in this thread, and learning that there an HD rerelease of Ocarina of Time coming or something, I have decided to sell my Wii and balance board to buy the new Wii U, my gamer eyes have been opened.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

Gimbal lock posted:

I think I remember you posting about working on AC Black Flag and any funny insider stories on Uplay would be great!

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Gimbal lock posted:

You should do it and you will have my axe!

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

i bought rayman because it seemed fun. but every time i booted it up i had to go through uplay. so i don't play it anymore. it seemed like a cool game but i don't care anymore. there should be zero barrier to entry the moment i pony up cash for your game. okay, fine, in the interest of actually playing a game, i'll accept that having a steam login is simply necessary. but beyond that?? no! i paid for your game. don't ask me for my credentials. you want my credentials? it's the 60 bux on my credit card statement that says i bought your game. get out of my way. get the gently caress out of my way. i want to play a game. hey. get out of my way.

so i don't buy ubisoft games. which is a shame, but there you have it. when games for windows live died i thought that i'd go back and play all those great games on gfwl that i avoided because of that awful application. like arkham city and bulletstorm. that's all i can think of right now, actually. but i didn't get them. i had other games to play by then. gently caress these drm things that kill my interest in cool games. i'll probably never play those things now because i moved on to other games

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dec 26, 2012

Gimbal lock posted:

do it

• Locked thread