Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
I hear people shittalking Uplay a lot, and apparently on the pc its like a shittier Steam but who cares about that? Uplay is so rad on the consoles, if you've been at least 2 ubisoft games you're basically set witth all the uplay points you could ever need and all the little extras are fun as well. If you're angry about Ubisoft or Uplay take my advice, quit playin action games on the computer like some kind of caveman and get with the program, the videogame console program.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

koolkal
Oct 21, 2008

this thread maybe doesnt have room for 2 green xbox one avs
its the same on consoles or pcs its just that steam is so much better it looks worse relatively

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider
When you're gaming exclusively on consoles, standards're low

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
-_-

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
*smirks, looks out the window, and sucks air through teeth*

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW
i agree, bad things are suitable for console gamers

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Buschmaki posted:

I hear people shittalking Uplay a lot, and apparently on the pc its like a shittier Steam but who cares about that? Uplay is so rad on the consoles, if you've been at least 2 ubisoft games you're basically set witth all the uplay points you could ever need and all the little extras are fun as well. If you're angry about Ubisoft or Uplay take my advice, quit playin action games on the computer like some kind of caveman and get with the program, the videogame console program.

Well uh have fun

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
uplay isn't as bad as GFWL was but it's still bad. Like, "arbitrarily deleting save files without warning" bad

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Lol GFWL

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

I'm still pissed GFWL went down before I could get the Battlestations Pacific DLC

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I'm still pissed GFWL went down before I could get the Battlestations Pacific DLC

I lost some DLC permanently because of that poo poo.

gently caress GFWL

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.
uplay aint so bad

gamers are fuckin babies waaahh

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

El Generico posted:

Die bitch.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

El Generico posted:

uplay aint so bad

its full of bad games

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

El Generico posted:

uplay aint so bad

Haha yeah I love even more lovely DRM on top of what Steam already has

Here gently caress my butt dry

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Insulting gamers? That's a ban.

Hoodrich
Feb 4, 2011

by Reene

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

I want to feel the herpes simplex virus colonizing my bowels as you shoot a ribbon of Uplay right in my butt

Hoodrich
Feb 4, 2011

by Reene

Widestancer posted:

I want to feel the herpes simplex virus colonizing my bowels as you shoot a ribbon of Uplay right in my butt

o_0

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

I've had decent luck with Uplay, and it's the only way to legitimately play Might & Magic X.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014
people talk like uplay giving "freebies" is some kind of good thing, as if those extra missions/costumes/weapons wouldn't be in the game for free without uplay anyway

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

Mach2 posted:

people talk like uplay giving "freebies" is some kind of good thing, as if those extra missions/costumes/weapons wouldn't be in the game for free without uplay anyway

They probably wouldn't be.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Silver Striker posted:

They probably wouldn't be.

They'd probably be one of those lame 99 cent dlc's

The "desktop background" ones are pretty hilarious though

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

Widestancer posted:

They'd probably be one of those lame 99 cent dlc's

The "desktop background" ones are pretty hilarious though

Yeah. Without Uplay they'd just be normal paid DLC. It's nice that you can at least get some of that for free.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

I'd pay 99 cents extra for each game not to have to deal with Uplay.

Hoodrich
Feb 4, 2011

by Reene
#Lifehack: it is very easy to acquire games online for free

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Hoodrich posted:

#Lifehack: it is very easy to acquire games online for free

Im.not a monster and I like to support the liveelihoid of struggling companes like Ubisoft

Hoodrich
Feb 4, 2011

by Reene

Widestancer posted:

Im.not a monster and I like to support the liveelihoid of struggling companes like Ubisoft

You also apparently Èwant to feel the herpes simplex virus colonizing my bowels as you shoot a ribbon of Uplay right in my butt` so I`m not sure about you`re mental state.

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

Widestancer posted:

I'd pay 99 cents extra for each game not to have to deal with Uplay.

Whats so bad about Uplay, I barely use it but when I have I never had a problem with it.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Uplay is the loving AIDS plague. I don;t even care baout origin because aside from bad sales Origins works as well as Steam. Uplay freaking crashes and fully prevents you from playing games you;ve bought in steam. I remember one time when i got blood dragon i would need to restart my computer and reinstall uplay every time i wanted to play because uplay would crash while launching the game otherwise.

Hoodrich
Feb 4, 2011

by Reene

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Uplay is the loving AIDS plague. I don;t even care baout origin because aside from bad sales Origins works as well as Steam. Uplay freaking crashes and fully prevents you from playing games you;ve bought in steam. I remember one time when i got blood dragon i would need to restart my computer and reinstall uplay every time i wanted to play because uplay would crash while launching the game otherwise.

This is how we gluuuueee iiiit

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Hoodrich posted:

This is how we gluuuueee iiiit

Lol.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Hoodrich posted:

You also apparently Èwant to feel the herpes simplex virus colonizing my bowels as you shoot a ribbon of Uplay right in my butt` so I`m not sure about you`re mental state.

Thats what Uplay does to you.

It's tragic.

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012
one time uplay wouldn't accept my password so it locked me out and prevented me from playing any of my games for 60 minutes. pretty cool stuff.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
I have no particularly strong feelings regarding Uplay one way or another

At least it's not Origin right lol

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

JT Jag posted:

I have no particularly strong feelings regarding Uplay one way or another

At least it's not Origin right lol

It's a million times worse than origins you dumb human being.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012
origin gave me free games, they're alright in my book.

• Locked thread