Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Does this sound like something worth doing?
This poll is closed.
Yes 53 94.64%
No 3 5.36%
Total: 56 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Stanley Goodspeed posted:

Who do I PM or what do I post to get added to the hangout? Should I use a burner email or is getting doxxed by Shim actually kind of fun?

Make a burner google email and send me a message if you are still around tonight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

USMC503
Jan 15, 2012

For satisfactory performance while under the effects of hostile enemy alcohol.
Meh. I use a real email and my real name and have posted my phone number in the hangout and no one has been creepy. Bros trying to help bros out is all.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
So today I was prescribed prozac, trazodone, and ambien. The prozac is for my depression and suicidal thoughts, which I will be combining with trying to change my life up so that I can have more positives in it. I'm not entirely sure what, but I think that I'll try to start exploring the East Coast a bit more, but on the cheap. Any suggestions for places to go that are at least a few hours away from Bragg that would make for a nice weekend trip? The trazodone and prozac are to help with my sleep issues. I'll be taking the trazodone regularly and using the ambien only on occasions when I seriously can't sleep, which is about once or twice a week.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Pesticide20 posted:

So today I was prescribed prozac, trazodone, and ambien. The prozac is for my depression and suicidal thoughts, which I will be combining with trying to change my life up so that I can have more positives in it. I'm not entirely sure what, but I think that I'll try to start exploring the East Coast a bit more, but on the cheap. Any suggestions for places to go that are at least a few hours away from Bragg that would make for a nice weekend trip? The trazodone and prozac are to help with my sleep issues. I'll be taking the trazodone regularly and using the ambien only on occasions when I seriously can't sleep, which is about once or twice a week.

From Bragg, Wilmington and Raleigh are ~2 hours in different directions. I live in Wilmington, there's a massive street fest coming up in about 2 weeks. More info:

http://www.ncazaleafestival.org/

Yes, it's a flower festival. It's also a street party downtown (where most of the bars are, among other things), alongside random music stages and fireworks at the end of it. There's plenty of scuba diving here too, if you're into that. If not, there are plenty of dive shops between here and there that you could go to to get certified. It's pretty much my favorite thing ever, and does a huge number on me for stress relief. Or hell, just come down to the beach on a weekend during the summer and bang tourists on vacation.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Icon Of Sin posted:

From Bragg, Wilmington and Raleigh are ~2 hours in different directions. I live in Wilmington, there's a massive street fest coming up in about 2 weeks. More info:

http://www.ncazaleafestival.org/

Yes, it's a flower festival. It's also a street party downtown (where most of the bars are, among other things), alongside random music stages and fireworks at the end of it. There's plenty of scuba diving here too, if you're into that. If not, there are plenty of dive shops between here and there that you could go to to get certified. It's pretty much my favorite thing ever, and does a huge number on me for stress relief. Or hell, just come down to the beach on a weekend during the summer and bang tourists on vacation.

I have no problem with flower festivals. I grew up with this:

http://www.tulipfestival.org/

I think that I'll give it a look, it actually sounds like a bit of fun. As for the diving, my shoulder is extremely hosed so I doubt that I can do too much of that, although it's something I really want to get into, as I hear that the diving in the PNW is great.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

Pesticide20 posted:

Careful with that stuff. Seriously.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Pesticide20 posted:

I have no problem with flower festivals. I grew up with this:

http://www.tulipfestival.org/

I think that I'll give it a look, it actually sounds like a bit of fun. As for the diving, my shoulder is extremely hosed so I doubt that I can do too much of that, although it's something I really want to get into, as I hear that the diving in the PNW is great.

I'll PM you the name of a local dive shop that could give you better info. It's run by a WWP alumni, and he has had former military members whose injuries ranged all the way up to full paralysis of their legs who he has taught how to dive. It's also the same shop where I've done almost all of my dive classes, and the owner is a buddy of mine so I'm a fair bit biased, so I'll send you the link and let you decide that one for yourself.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Icon Of Sin posted:

I'll PM you the name of a local dive shop that could give you better info. It's run by a WWP alumni, and he has had former military members whose injuries ranged all the way up to full paralysis of their legs who he has taught how to dive. It's also the same shop where I've done almost all of my dive classes, and the owner is a buddy of mine so I'm a fair bit biased, so I'll send you the link and let you decide that one for yourself.

Sounds good.

And Cole, I fully intend to be careful. If anything crazy comes up I'll be sure to hop into the chat, as well as call somebody close by.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Trazodone can be hit or miss for sleep. Taking more than 150 mg takes you up to a therapeutic dose of the SSRI and will have the opposite effect, so just keep in mind that less is more if you're going to re-dose. On the plus side there's no memory loss or reduction in impulse control like you get with Ambien.

invision
Mar 2, 2009

I DIDN'T GET ENOUGH RAPE LAST TIME, MAY I HAVE SOME MORE?
Trazadone gave me the worst goddamn nightmares ever.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

I had it as a sleep aid, and it would dry my mouth out so bad that I couldn't actually go to sleep. I was on Zoloft alongside it though, so the combo could have had weird effects.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
Trazadone gave me the worst cotton mouth ever. Ambien works best of all the stuff I've been on.

Cole fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Apr 6, 2015

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Yeah, when I was being prescribed trazadone I was told it could leave me feeling hungover. Definitely noticed the cotton mouth. As far as weird dreams, I haven't really noticed anything yet. Just the usual occasional dream of being back on a deployment and going out on patrol without any gear

Dingleberry
Aug 21, 2011

Pesticide20 posted:

...going out on patrol without any gear

It's called a "Bergdahl"

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Hey, bro, watch my six, I'm gonna go for a Bergdahl in that wadi.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

The United States Army: where popping a squat means dropping some bodies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

The United States Army: where popping a squat means dropping some bodies

• Locked thread