Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Don Lapre posted:

Guys, im starting silkroad 3.0. Please post suggestions here.

you should ask the current admins and moderators of silk road to help you with the new one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Squeezy Farm posted:

as is damiya. it's sad to see decent people take their own lives.

is damiya actually dead?

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
yes, she checked out a bit over a month ago.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

welp,

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

im doing a writeup on blake and just found this

silk road admin said the site was comprised 8 days before blake took control

Metrication
Dec 12, 2010

Raskin had one problem: Jobs regarded him as an insufferable theorist or, to use Jobs's own more precise terminology, "a shithead who sucks".
imagine if this was the real silk road in medieval times that ran 6000km from china to europe

Egan Yardley
Jun 11, 2010

FCKGW posted:

im doing a writeup on blake and just found this

silk road admin said the site was comprised 8 days before blake took control

lmao

i wonder how many people will go to jail for this

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
holy poo poo :rip: indeed

and it was probably really painful too

Peztopiary
Mar 16, 2009

by exmarx
^I get it, Bitcoiners are smarter than us. I mean sure okay. But haven't they ever watched a loving movie? The smart tech savvy guy is not the guy who walks away from whatever black market bullshit he's started dealing with. I just, it's incomprehensible to me. Like when you walk into a room with a bunch of people who are capable of killing you, how the gently caress do you have the ego to be convinced that poo poo is gonna end well for you?

*edit*Well dang. Now I kind of feel bad for them.

Peztopiary fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Nov 7, 2014

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug
they dont see themselves as the "smart nerd" anymore, they think they are keyser soze

in fact more than one seller had a username inspired by that character

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

gnrk posted:

hmm yes a shield with two puzzle pieces inside, symbolizing how together, two disparate agencies can protect against the metaphorical attacks by dfhshertsehtrhshs

protected by autism(tm)

CISADMIN PRIVILEGE
Aug 15, 2004

optimized multichannel
campaigns to drive
demand and increase
brand engagement
across web, mobile,
and social touchpoints,
bitch!
:yaycloud::smithcloud:

Captain Foo posted:

yeah, he probably dead

the idea of your typical Bitcoin nerd getting themselves in debt with mid level dealers is simultaneously hilarious and sadly terrifying.

a very long time ago on irc then in person I met a very enterprising kid (17 year old) who was the child of trailer trash drug addicts from Surrey who set up a front chemical company (a PO box and a plausible web site) and ordered kilos of diazepam, flunitrazepam, and ketamine from China. he was an idiot but not to the level of that guy.

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

designer of the lomarf car

Buglord
he told u he was hardcore

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

CISADMIN PRIVILEGE posted:

the idea of your typical Bitcoin nerd getting themselves in debt with mid level dealers is simultaneously hilarious and sadly terrifying.

a very long time ago on irc then in person I met a very enterprising kid (17 year old) who was the child of trailer trash drug addicts from Surrey who set up a front chemical company (a PO box and a plausible web site) and ordered kilos of diazepam, flunitrazepam, and ketamine from China. he was an idiot but not to the level of that guy.

lol i know that's where k comes from but don't you usually use wire transfers w/ fake id + vacant houses and poo poo?

Fax Sender
Aug 11, 2013

kiss my ass
hi fbi

CISADMIN PRIVILEGE
Aug 15, 2004

optimized multichannel
campaigns to drive
demand and increase
brand engagement
across web, mobile,
and social touchpoints,
bitch!
:yaycloud::smithcloud:

Cold on a Cob posted:

lol i know that's where k comes from but don't you usually use wire transfers w/ fake id + vacant houses and poo poo?

he did pretty well for a 17 year old in 2002 or something

z0rlandi viSSer
Nov 5, 2013

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Cold on a Cob posted:

code:
=======================================
=         The Disk Jockey             =
=            presents:                =
=                                     =
=         Advanced Carding            =
=            Part VI:                 =
=          Easier Drops               =
=======================================

Call:
        The Free World  916-682-7789
        Atlantis        215-844-8836

Preface:
--------
These articles are not meant for the novice carder, and I do skip over and assume a lot
of stuff that a reqular carder would know.  These files are meant to sharpen your
carding skills, not develop them!

Drops:
------
These are always the weakness in the carding chain.  Card numbers can be gotten at any
clothing store, and of  course you can find lots of stuff to card (greed!) so the hard
part is  finding a good drop!  Drops have been watched by police, and UPS sometimes will
*know* when a house is empty!

Better Way:
-----------
Go to some low-income housing or apartments, find a family that is maybe on the top
floor, and has an IQ that you can count on one hand.  Go to there place saying something
like "is Rick here?"  of course there is no Rick living here, then go on to tell them
that your parents sent you some stuff for school, but since you didn't know your school
address, you had them send it to your friend Rick.  Act really upset and sorry, and ask
them if they could hold on to anything that might co-Q by UPS.  The people are *always*
cool about it.  I wouldn't be too quick to offer money, this looks bad. Tell them that
the stuff should come sometime soon, and that you will check back in a week.  When I
did this, the guy even signed for the stuff for me!

Try to only card once to the same  apartment complex, there's enough low income housing
around that you probably wont have any problem finding another!  
Have fun.

-The Disk Jockey

Typed:8-9-86

GATES OF HELL
		        +64-9-5757765
                      FOR THE LATEST IN 			
		          P/H/C/V/A
	  	       Current Newuser
		        PW://ANTIPIG

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

Nintendo Kid posted:

code:
			GATES OF HELL
		        +64-9-5757765
                      FOR THE LATEST IN 			
		          P/H/C/V/A
	  	       Current Newuser
		        PW://ANTIPIG

sig check

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Hello.

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

:fishmech:

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug

good sig

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

bicycle posted:

didnt the feds fake a murder a la breaking bad for the first silk road?

oh god the story with this was amazing, didn't he pay the feds $5,000 in bitcoins for killing the guy with no proof

bicycle
Oct 23, 2013
they sent proof but it was literally like breaking bad with some dude lying on some fake blood or something also:

quote:

DPR agreed to pay $80,000 for the admin’s death — $40,000 up front and $40,000 when the deed was done. Investigators staged the torture and killing — which included mock waterboarding according to officials — and sent Dread Pirate Roberts about half a dozen pictures, including photos depicting what they said was his corpse.

i wouldnt even advocate admin torture on radium

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

bicycle posted:

they sent proof but it was literally like breaking bad with some dude lying on some fake blood or something also:

i wouldnt even advocate admin torture on radium

lmfao. it must have super owned to be the fbi dudes

a neurotic ai
Mar 22, 2012
just another day at the office

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Smythe posted:

lmfao. it must have super owned to be the fbi dudes

computer toucher
Jan 8, 2012

Peztopiary posted:

I feel like you'd have to explain the whole bitcoin/darkweb thing to a gang. Imagine being that guy, the guy who initially got your gang into this poo poo.

the guys who make the stuff aren't usually the ones who sell it...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan
I'm pretty sure being a sysadmin is torture enough

• Locked thread