Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug

condoleances to goons who thought they would never hit the second identical site + felt like PGP is for pussies

RIP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gnrk
Apr 1, 2008
these 20th century law enforcement logos in our 21st century world are embarrassing, putting them on display is the real crime here!

gnrk
Apr 1, 2008
hmm yes a shield with two puzzle pieces inside, symbolizing how together, two disparate agencies can protect against the metaphorical attacks by dfhshertsehtrhshs

gnrk
Apr 1, 2008
hmm yes let's display the three circular seals of three us agencies in varying sizes and styles

gnrk
Apr 1, 2008
RIP tghis thread (it blows)

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug

gnrk posted:

RIP tghis thread (it blows)

since you posted in it!

Captain Cool
Oct 23, 2004

This is a song about messin' with people who've been messin' with you
silk road? own, ow, fk

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug

Captain Cool posted:

silk road? own, ow, fk

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.
mod tells you to pull your money, just ignore him lol

Only registered members can see post attachments!

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

lmao. remember when dpr 2.0 gave ars technica that interview http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2014/11/fbi-arrests-blake-defcon-benthall-alleged-operator-of-silk-road-2-0/

quote:

Can the new Silk Road site be taken down as easily as the previous incarnation?

DPR 2.0: There is only one person in the world that knows who [my second in command] “Defcon” is—me. So unless the feds have me they can never take down the Road, because as soon as I am missing he knows to just move servers and hit the killswitch on my access. Just think how much the FBI will be squirming in their seats and red-faced again if they could arrest the Dread Pirate Roberts and the Road continues to function in their face.

talk about owned

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.
Apparently one of the staff was a cop. Hilarious if it was his second in command.

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
pretty sure dpr2.0 didn't actually exist and defcon was the operator

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If it turns out to be a honey pot id be so happy

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug
idk how would a honeypot even affect anyone? at best they can catch a few buyers but real vendor names or addresses aren't even on the site anywhere.

last guy that got busted on the first silk road was caught with old fashioned police work: intercepting packages and keeping an eye on the post office they were sent from

Egan Yardley
Jun 11, 2010

did they arrest anybody because if anybody needs to be kicked the poo poo out of by the popo its server operators

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.

Egan Yardley posted:

did they arrest anybody because if anybody needs to be kicked the poo poo out of by the popo its server operators
SR2 operator was arrested, two people in ireland (distributors) were arrested, more not yet announced

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

Don Lapre posted:

If it turns out to be a honey pot id be so happy

why

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

Because people dumb enough to use SR2.0 deserve it.

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug
don lapre still wants vengeance on the cool kids in college that did drugs and got more girls (any) than he did

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

newreply.php posted:

don lapre still wants vengeance on the cool kids in college that did drugs and got more girls (any) than he did

Also this

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

newreply.php posted:

Egan Yardley
Jun 11, 2010

i wonder how much sr/sr2.0 inflated bitcoin value

i also wonder if bitcoin is gonna tank now

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug
bitcoin wen up uP UP after the last SR bust because there was no way to spend it anymore and its value as a beanie baby like hoarding commodity went up

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan
yeah it looks like its bouncing up a bit right now lol

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

i'm all for legalizing everything and ending the drug war

but that doesn't mean i can't laugh when some idiot rubyist who thinks he's a hacker goes to jail forever

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

he posted his whole life on the internet and from the looks of it he had a pretty good one. but nope gotta throw it all away for your bitcoin principles

CISADMIN PRIVILEGE
Aug 15, 2004

optimized multichannel
campaigns to drive
demand and increase
brand engagement
across web, mobile,
and social touchpoints,
bitch!
:yaycloud::smithcloud:

Werthog 95 posted:

but that doesn't mean i can't laugh when some idiot rubyist who thinks he's a hacker goes to jail forever

same, and actually i don't have any problems with the people who make money off the low level traffickers going to jail

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

there's way more laffs in the buttcoin thread i'm just gonna hang out over there

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug
aghahahaa this is the guy that when SR2 first got hacked used commission money to pay back all the vendors and buyers, instead of being a reasonable captain of industry and running away with the money

pr0zac
Jan 18, 2004

~*lukecagefan69*~

Pillbug

Egan Yardley posted:

i wonder how much sr/sr2.0 inflated bitcoin value

i also wonder if bitcoin is gonna tank now

sr2 was a pretty small market according to some of the stuff i've read so it probably won't make that big a difference

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

Werthog 95 posted:

im the idiot rubyist getting railed

Egan Yardley
Jun 11, 2010

bitcoin enrubyist

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice

Ruby got Railed posted:

idiot rubyist railed

mods

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

"The FBI claim that Benthall's unencrypted computer contained "address lists for customers all over the world that will be of significant interest to many global law enforcement agencies."

:lol::lol::lol:

The whole read is amazing

http://www.scribd.com/doc/245742360/Benthall-Blake-Complaint

When the govment took down silk road to image the server the head guy contacted hosting support asking what was up and thats how they traced him.

Around page 23 or so

Don Lapre fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Nov 6, 2014

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug

Don Lapre posted:

"The FBI claim that Benthall's unencrypted computer contained "address lists for customers all over the world that will be of significant interest to many global law enforcement agencies."

:lol::lol::lol:

lol this dude gonna get shanked long before his trial

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

I love the parts at the end where they watch them come home and then boom, hes online on silkroad, then he goes offline and they see him walk out the door.

Mightaswell
Dec 4, 2003

Not now chief, I'm in the fuckin' zone.
dude who think he smart not so smart after all ha ha

as the world turns

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug
the amount of reddit posts "never used PGP on SR2.0. in trouble???" is amusing to me

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
dude gonna die

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYcOl33-mI0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug
well he did want his life to be as cool as breaking bad irl

e: why you go and change that post Fabricated?

• Locked thread