Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬
OP I don't think this is a particularly controversial opinion. Psychonauts is basically bad platforming, combat and puzzles in sometimes cool environments while 12 year old kids and mindless retards shriek the awful dialogue at you. I paid 3 dollars for it eons ago and felt slightly ripped off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
I dare every one of you to name a game developer, or anyone in the game industry, who is more overrated than Tim Schafer.

you can't

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
i have to wonder how they actually garnered so much goodwill
because the last games they've put out have sucked

the cave - really loving boring backtracking simulator with sometimes a talking cave
brutal legends - kinda fun but mostly mediocre (esp rts)
costume quest - 3 year old babby's first rpg
hack n slash - kinda interesting idea but really loving boring and mediocre to play and doesnt really use the ideas.

broken age - hahahahhahah enough said

spacebase df-9 - lol

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

zen death robot posted:

He's re-releasing that so people can't say he hasn't put out a good game in 20 years
I will buy it.

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

Costume Quest had a decent amount of charm but I was so worn out by the end of the first game that I couldn't even bring myself to play the DLC, let alone the sequel.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

A CRUNK BIRD posted:

It's a tedious game with a million useless ugly things to collect and frustrating amateurish platformer gameplay. Its sense of humor has also aged extremely poorly. Give this one a pass. Maybe play Grim Fandango instead. Later.

Agreed.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Hey goons. Psychonauts... Yeah. It's rear end. gently caress off tards.

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.
actually, despite some flaws, it was pretty charming and fun

Babylon Astronaut
Apr 19, 2012
psychonauts is a lovely soul reaver clone

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

The Protagonist posted:

actually, despite some flaws, it was pretty charming and fun
Nah

ROBO_ERECTUS
Sep 5, 2007

Let me take you for a ride.
Stacking was a pretty fun and quirky puzzle/adventure game that everyone forgets. I like punching people or scaring everyone with my rancid farts in that game.

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

This is sexy to me.

Pumprag
Jan 29, 2013

You could say that the Game is a pos!!

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Psycobladder posted:

Stacking was a pretty fun and quirky puzzle/adventure game that everyone forgets. I like punching people or scaring everyone with my rancid farts in that game.

its a really bad puzzle game

every puzzle had 3 solutions that were all right next to the puzzle, so youll probably just find it on accident

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

it's okay though, it's quirky! and that one stage had colors and stuff! :holy:

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros
Psychonauts was alright. Gameplay was passable and the world was pretty fun to explore.

Afterwards, we got... Brutal Legend, Broken Age and Spacebase DF9.

Kotick was right.

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I dare every one of you to name a game developer, or anyone in the game industry, who is more overrated than Tim Schafer.

you can't

Chris Avellone

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Troika.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

lol

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

after broken age and early access 9 i dont think people like schafer anymore

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

Are you a psychonaut because you just accessed my dream world

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1upclock
Sep 25, 2009

Taken completely out of context
I was watching the movie Meatballs the other day and was lamenting the fact that Psychonauts was not literally the Bill Murray film in any way.

• Locked thread