Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

Smythe posted:

rotor has a cabin

I also built a sweet-rear end deck fyi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
wait did you get a cabin up?

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

rotor posted:

I also built a sweet-rear end deck fyi

cool

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Jonny 290 posted:

wait did you get a cabin up?

yeah. no siding yet but I got the house wrap on so maybe this summer I'll do that. I think the thread fell into the archives :(

got about 40x12 of a redwood deck built, it should be ~60ft when I'm done but work pretty much stops up there in the winter because kids & job.

got some money from bonuses so ima get sewage installed & power pulled in because ~wife~

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Standing desk? *yawn* Call me when they invent a loving desk.

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug
im not against the idea of standing desks but everyone ive met that has one was a gently caress tarded sperg

Apr 7, 2003

newreply.php posted:

im not against the idea of standing desks but everyone ive met that has one was a gently caress tarded sperg

Someone posted here a while back about how his workplace had a fitness "steps per day" competition so the "winner" had his desk converted to a standing desk so he could stomp his feet all day and drive his score up.

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug
my old job did that too and i left my counter in my pocket in the washing machine and apparently doing laundry equals about 7000 steps.

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

black man 3 posted:

perhaps you should just exercise regularly like a normal human being

normal human beings Do Labor, op, which is vastly superior to exercise both physically and morally

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Stymie posted:

normal human beings Do Labor, op, which is vastly superior to exercise both physically and morally

it's super hosed up how stymie is right all the time now

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

Yeah lemme just work a job that will leave me too physically crippled to do it before I'm old enough to retire from it

NOT!!!

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

rotor posted:

hosed up if true

black man 3
Oct 29, 2014

by XyloJW
respect to builders but i dont know any who dont suffer from spinal disk herniations later in life

black man 3
Oct 29, 2014

by XyloJW
my dad is a retired 70yo builder though and still lifts 200lbs like its a piece of paper

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
that's because injuries suffered by those who Do Labor are grossly exaggerated by those who have a vested interest in oppressing Real Labor

you will become more crippled, both physically and intellectually, at a desk job than you ever could if you Do Labor

black man 3
Oct 29, 2014

by XyloJW
i don't know who you are arguing against

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

black man 3 posted:

respect to builders but i dont know any who dont suffer from spinal disk herniations later in life

everyone has these regardless of occupation, it's just part of gettin old

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

rotor posted:

stymie has always been right, rotor. we were all just too wrong to see that

the bsd boys
Aug 8, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 375 days!
People say I'm a stand up guy

Apr 7, 2003

black man 3 posted:

my dad is a retired 70yo builder though and still lifts 200lbs like its a piece of paper

Your dad sounds buff as hell

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

black man 3 posted:

swole black dad 3

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

black man 3 posted:

cool

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug
sounds like a good dad for echopiss

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

newreply.php posted:

sounds like a good dad for echopiss

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

black man 3 posted:

i don't know who you are arguing against
the definition of lf posting

suffix
Jul 27, 2013

Wheeee!
are they really op?

are they really really?

angry_keebler
Jul 16, 2006

In His presence the mountains quake and the hills melt away; the earth trembles and its people are destroyed. Who can stand before His fierce anger?
i agree with the original poster's opinion that standing desks aren't good and in fact are bad

black man 3
Oct 29, 2014

by XyloJW

suffix posted:

are they really op?

are they really really?

Yes

Yes yes

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

I wonder if there's actors that's specialize in doing this because it really seems to me like I'd be good at this

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

look OP you can stand or sit depending on what feels best and I don't really understand why you think choice is bad

you're coming off like some kind of posture facist here and frankly this kind of attitude is unwelcome

Fax Sender
Aug 11, 2013

kiss my ass
however computer fascism is more than welcome and in fact encouraged

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I stand for most of my job and stand at a pc to enter scripts and stuff. the only thin that would make it better would be a mechanical keyboard Jesus Christ that would make work a joy

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

sitting is literally killing you and if you don't immediately go out and buy a $4000 walking desk you are a fat loser and will die of sitting

http://www.engadget.com/2014/12/31/...&?ncid=rss_full

real talk the thing that pisses me off about articles like this is how there is always the unwritten rule that at no point can you sacrifice the almighty productivity by taking short breaks and going somewhere else for 5 minutes.

carry on then fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Dec 31, 2014

angry_keebler
Jul 16, 2006

In His presence the mountains quake and the hills melt away; the earth trembles and its people are destroyed. Who can stand before His fierce anger?
just get a hammock and make a poor man's zero gravity workstation and when you're done you can fold it up into a little bitty deal

Peanut and the Gang
Aug 24, 2009

by exmarx
I do my best code while I'm running marathons.

Kirk
Sep 22, 2003
excuse me sir is your desk a standing one

Kirk
Sep 22, 2003
well you'd better

aheh

you'd better

Kirk
Sep 22, 2003
sit it down

Adbot