Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
black man 3
Oct 29, 2014

by XyloJW
e and thats a fact. this is a thread for standing desk users to complain about being wrong about basically everything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

my employer will only convert your cube to a standing configuration if your manager gives the thumbs up that you're a long-term employee

lol there's an easy way to tell if you're about to get fired

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i have a powered height adjustable desk meets my needs welp cya

pram
Jun 10, 2001
they are good. every cubicle in my building has an adjustable desk. it helps me stay fitter, healthier, AND more productive

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
I was advised by a health care professional to use a standing desk

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

not sure what the argument against adjustable desks is. there's legitimate science showing they are better for you. sounds a little like sour grapes to me, OP

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009
if you weren't a manlet you'd never actualy see the desk hth,

Dr. Honked
Jan 9, 2011

eat it you slaaaaaaag
a colleague has one of those desks that has like a brake lever on it and he can crank it up or down depending on his sit/stand mood. it's pretty sw8. he's up and down like a loving yoyo

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

pram posted:

they are good. every cubicle in my building has an adjustable desk. it helps me stay fitter, healthier, AND more productive
if that's a radiohead joke u hosed it up

Squinty Applebottom
Jan 1, 2013

Dr. Honked posted:

a colleague has one of those desks that has like a brake lever on it and he can crank it up or down depending on his sit/stand mood. it's pretty sw8. he's up and down like a loving yoyo

manic depression is not a laughing matter

black man 3
Oct 29, 2014

by XyloJW

rotor posted:

not sure what the argument against adjustable desks is. there's legitimate science showing they are better for you. sounds a little like sour grapes to me, OP

sounds like bullshit to me

black man 3
Oct 29, 2014

by XyloJW
if your posture is bad and you ar eout of shape then maybe you need to actively exercise more you dumb nerds

pram
Jun 10, 2001
just give it a try black man. u have nothing to lose but your dignity

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

black man 3 posted:

sounds like bullshit to me

yeah I imagine it does sound like bullshit ... if you're a goddamned idiot

black man 3
Oct 29, 2014

by XyloJW

rotor posted:

yeah I imagine it does sound like bullshit ... if you're a goddamned idiot

sory rotor i didnt mean to insult your healthcare profesionals advice to treat ur chronic arthritus and spinal disk degenerations that is common with people ur age

the bsd boys
Aug 8, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 376 days!
i think everyone should calm down

the bsd boys
Aug 8, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 376 days!
j/k im mad as gently caress that somebody would disparage gods own tall desk

black man 3
Oct 29, 2014

by XyloJW
only an IT worker would come up with such a retarded idea like standing up while typing to get fitter.... lol

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
i dont have a standing desk

the bsd boys
Aug 8, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 376 days!
look its rly hard to gain mass in your calves and every little bit helps ok. if i cant do toe raises at work im never going to get anywhere.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

black man 3 posted:

only an IT worker would come up with such a retarded idea like standing up while typing to get fitter.... lol

it's literally better for ur guts

black man 3
Oct 29, 2014

by XyloJW

rotor posted:

it's literally better for ur guts

lol

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009
i just thought of something funny to tell the op: obviously you havent looked in a mirror .

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

holy poo poo !!!

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
put your computer in the toilet, sit on the ground and get into the vomit position

black man 3
Oct 29, 2014

by XyloJW
Squatting down kinda puts you into the position you would be in to take a poo poo if u lived in india, squats are good for your gutss BOOM science bitch

pram
Jun 10, 2001

Squeezy Farm posted:

i just thought of something funny to tell the op: obviously you havent looked in a mirror .

bahaha

the bsd boys
Aug 8, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 376 days!
pighammer

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

um did they ever stop to think that if standing desks are good maybe jumping desks are better????

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

carry on then posted:

um did they ever stop to think that if standing desks are good maybe jumping desks are better????

im down

black man 3
Oct 29, 2014

by XyloJW

carry on then posted:

no but they should invent a squat desk where u squat as you type although that would arguably actually benefit u as opposed to standing up 8 hours a day like a complete dork

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

rotor posted:

im down

*clears throat* that would defeat the purpose of the JUMPING desk

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

i sit at my desk

TerminalRaptor
Nov 6, 2012

Mostly Harmless
We have the option of getting converting ones at my work. Best of both worlds :smugbert:

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

black man 3 posted:

no but they should invent a squat desk where u squat as you type although that would arguably actually benefit u as opposed to standing up 8 hours a day like a complete dork

op i think ule find w/ a variable height desk they can go low enough for squatters. i dont have a varieble height desk so ill have to defer to sum1 who does, a mamber of intellectual upper class

black man 3
Oct 29, 2014

by XyloJW
eitherway i just found my new career as selling overpriced desks to overpaid office workers who will believe any old shite as long as there is some pseudoscience backing it

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

uhh afaik the science behind standing desks is pretty solid

dont use one cause im lazy and suicidal anyway, but still

Fax Sender
Aug 11, 2013

kiss my ass
the only people that i know who have suffered any sort of blood clots in the legs are people who stand all day for work instead of sit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

black man 3
Oct 29, 2014

by XyloJW
getting a standing desk is 9 times out of 10 is a stupid futile attempt to fix problems with your pathetically atrophied body without actually doing any exercise of any kind

• Locked thread