Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
Me after reading that piece, the Dark Soulds of Games Journalism.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Kylra posted:

Me after reading that piece, the Dark Soulds of Games Journalism.

Incredible Seppuku Technique...

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
I was taught by only the best and most honorable of JRPGs.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

the shot where the camera zooms from outside through a window pane and settles on the interior of the home is the Dark Souls of Citizen Kane

Mung Dynasty
Jul 19, 2003

Why do the peasants slave while the emperor gets to eat all the mung?!
could this be a doom clone

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

Grakdesh posted:

Dragon's Dogma - The Dark Souls of fantasy RPGs

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

the shot where the camera zooms from outside through a window pane and settles on the interior of the home is the Dark Souls of Citizen Kane

actually it's the parakeet that pops into frame an squawks

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!

Mung Dynasty posted:

could this be a doom clone

i keep meaning to ask you but what the heck is your avatar about. like i assume it's all referencing some specific thing but every time the spit hits him in the face it grosses me out for some reason

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay

Ratoslov posted:

The Dark Souls of Roguelike Eroge City Planning Simulations.

Would. (play this)

Mung Dynasty
Jul 19, 2003

Why do the peasants slave while the emperor gets to eat all the mung?!

Excels posted:

i keep meaning to ask you but what the heck is your avatar about. like i assume it's all referencing some specific thing but every time the spit hits him in the face it grosses me out for some reason

its not spit its mung aka the inner fluids of a dead body forcefully expunged into a recipients awaiting mouth seriously how did u go thru high school without some tryhard redneck metal kid telling u about mung and trying to shock or gross u out

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay

Mung Dynasty posted:

its not spit its mung aka the inner fluids of a dead body forcefully expunged into a recipients awaiting mouth seriously how did u go thru high school without some tryhard redneck metal kid telling u about mung and trying to shock or gross u out

i think Excels was asking more about the historical, political and cultural context by which the Emperor gets all the mung

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!

Mung Dynasty posted:

i dunno but thanks for explaining it to me. now i have context

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay
one of the tryhard redneck metal kids at my high school used the gamertag 'roxy nozi' which he insisted was how one spelled nazi.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

"souls-like"

• Locked thread