Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
could it!?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
seems to me it's more like the estonian mount & blade

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay
skyrim with guns

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Skyrim but fun

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW
halo killer

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
On second thought I think it's more of a Mexican Boktai-like.

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬
Ah you know part of the fun is finding things out for yourself in these games, so try to avoid spoilers. That said, make sure you get your INT up to at least 23 so you can get optimal scaling for the Imp Sceptre, it should drop from one of Thamun's demonic bodyguards in the Royal Palace Megaron. You need a lock of his son's hair to get in though.

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay

Buck Turgidson posted:

Ah you know part of the fun is finding things out for yourself in these games, so try to avoid spoilers. That said, make sure you get your INT up to at least 23 so you can get optimal scaling for the Imp Sceptre, it should drop from one of Thamun's demonic bodyguards in the Royal Palace Megaron. You need a lock of his son's hair to get in though.

Hell yes. Megaronian Golem was the best miniboss in the game. For your Imp Sceptre build, did you roll a Thaumaturge or an Osteomancer?

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

SunAndSpring posted:

On second thought I think it's more of a Mexican Boktai-like.

Don't play games with my heart. Boktai with flamenco would be amazing.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Schnedwob posted:

Hell yes. Megaronian Golem was the best miniboss in the game. For your Imp Sceptre build, did you roll a Thaumaturge or an Osteomancer?

Pretty much every Ost I've invoked stands in the corner and spams Marrow Bind. Don't be that guy.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

That said, Iron Priest Magnus is a complete loving pain in the rear end if you don't keep him stunlocked through his molten phase. If you don't spec into Osteomancer, bring some Bone Chimes to the Iron Cathedral and save yourself a headache.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

This game seems hard, and I've played Dark Souls. :D

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay

net cafe scandal posted:

Pretty much every Ost I've invoked stands in the corner and spams Marrow Bind. Don't be that guy.

I was that guy. Stuck entirely to singleplayer for the first half of the game, though, until I started putting more of my Essence into Bonecraft and figured out how to actually play the drat game

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Could what be. This thread can kiss my rear end.

Heavy Lobster
Oct 24, 2010

:gowron::m10:
Yeah, yeah, osteomancy is cool and all but some of us prefer playing a game with some difficulty, and for us there's Runelore Dervishes. Doesn't matter what spec they're playing, you can tell in PvP if someone hasn't done anything other than playing around with some bones because they just constantly spam charge, and it doesn't work on anything that isn't an AI. Get good.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
"Could This Be (The American Dark Souls?!)" - The Leet Street Boys

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

PantsBandit posted:

"Could This Be (The American Dark Souls?!)" - The Leet Street Boys

Yuri the only one for me is there best work, IMO.

thuly
Jun 19, 2005

Transcending history, and the world, a tale of MS Paint and animes, endlessly retold.

Buck Turgidson posted:

I know nothing about souls and I seriously thought this and the ensuing convo was a joke

E: oh my god wow

thuly fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Jan 8, 2015

Gaffle
Aug 23, 2013

sWAg

actually, it's the citizen kane of video games

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW

Gaffle posted:

actually, it's the citizen kane of video games

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

the japanese Ultima

Notmypants
Jan 3, 2014

Pants pants moose pants.
The gently caress we talking about

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Notmypants posted:

The gently caress we talking about

the american dark souls

edit: Op I've thought about it and while at first I was thinking "yes, this could be the American dark souls" after further thought I now doubt that it is, I nfact, the American dark souls. Sorry :(

PantsBandit fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Jan 8, 2015

Notmypants
Jan 3, 2014

Pants pants moose pants.

PantsBandit posted:

the american dark souls

edit: Op I've thought about it and while at first I was thinking "yes, this could be the American dark souls" after further thought I now doubt that it is, I nfact, the American dark souls. Sorry :(

Is this about black people?

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Buck Turgidson posted:

can u ppl at least try to write your own jokes insead of stealing them from the 1 or 2 funy posters

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
but what about the eurpean dark souls OP

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!
http://www.gamezone.com/originals/9-games-that-are-the-dark-souls-of-their-genre

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW
5 games you won't BELIEVE aren't Dark Souls!

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
The Dark Souls of roguelike platformers

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

TailsButtholeGuy posted:

5 games you won't BELIEVE aren't Dark Souls!

Why Boss Fights Are an Outdated Concept in Video Games

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Excels posted:

Why Boss Fights Are an Outdated Concept in Video Games

This is the funniest possible fake gaming journalism headline or whatever. LMFAO!

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Wormskull posted:

This is the funniest possible fake gaming journalism headline or whatever. LMFAO!

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2011/07/04/boss-fights-a-relic-of-a-bygone-era

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Gah!

Grakdesh
Jul 21, 2005

High-functioning otaku.

Dragon's Dogma - The Dark Souls of fantasy RPGs

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014

almost everyone that's ever described themselves as a "games blogger" or "gaming journalist" should be tied to a post with barbed wire and set on fire

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Now prepare yourselves! You're the guests of honor at the Greatest Kung Fu Cannibal BBQ Ever!

The Dark Souls of Roguelike Eroge City Planning Simulations.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

What's better than minecraft, dark souls, and roguelikes? All of them combined! Read more about it here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heavy Lobster
Oct 24, 2010

:gowron::m10:

Grakdesh posted:

Dragon's Dogma - The Dark Souls of fantasy RPGs

i thought this was a joke but oh my god

• Locked thread