Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheImmigrant
Jan 18, 2011
Obvious Islamophobia, failing to cover her hair on a visit to Riyadh for King Abdullah's funeral. I scoured Fox News' website for mention of this, but so far have turned up empty.

How could an earnest US Republican spin this against her? A keffiyeh for the winning entry, as judged by me.

Go!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

TheImmigrant posted:

an earnest US Republican

A what?

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY
Here is a take from my conservative friend on facebook:

quote:

For the first time a find something to agree with Michelle! gently caress those rag heads don't loving cover your head. L a little bit of their medicine. If we have accept the hijab. You have to accept her nappy hair! Hahaha!!

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

You look like you're still raking it in. Still killing 'em?
Barack Hussein Obama is clearly a incompetent or an atheist - he can't even make his wife follow his religion in his holy land!

Disinterested fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Jan 28, 2015

Quantumfate
Feb 17, 2009

Angered & displeased, he went to the Blessed One and, on arrival, insulted & cursed him with rude, harsh words.

When this was said, the Blessed One said to him:

"Motherfucker I will -end- you"

Obama's wife deliberately provoking terrorists and insulting our allies in the middle east.

Zeitgueist
Aug 8, 2003

by Ralp
I feel like this gimmick would get more bites if you did it in one of the megathreads.

Ler
Mar 23, 2005

I believe...
My parents lived in Saudi Arabia, and my mother never covered her hair or face in public as far as I can remember. She did wear an abaya though. Having diplomatic immunity allowed her the freedom to do so, but there was times she was accosted in public by the religious police about it.

Blind Melon
Jan 3, 2006
I like fire, you can have some too.
Diplomatic immunity. Nobody actually expected her to wear a headscarf, and this is an issue on the level of Obama giving crowds the middle finger. Voted 1, moving on.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

TheImmigrant posted:

How could an earnest US Republican spin this against her?

Go!

Hillary Clinton hasn't driven a car herself since 1996. She respects Saudi laws and Bill's proclivities toward polygamy (in spirit).

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Ler posted:

My parents lived in Saudi Arabia, and my mother never covered her hair or face in public as far as I can remember. She did wear an abaya though. Having diplomatic immunity allowed her the freedom to do so, but there was times she was accosted in public by the religious police about it.

Was this before or after the Saudis greatly expanded religious law and morality codes in the 70s with American blessing and encouragement?

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/3251335/posts

Your Weird Uncle
Jan 16, 2006
Boneless Rusto Thrash.

TheImmigrant posted:

Obvious Islamophobia, failing to cover her hair on a visit to Riyadh for King Abdullah's funeral. I scoured Fox News' website for mention of this, but so far have turned up empty.

How could an earnest US Republican spin this against her? A keffiyeh for the winning entry, as judged by me.

Go!

you forgot to work in your catchphrase

you're losing it man

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Xandu
Feb 19, 2006

It's hard to be humble when you're as great as I am.

TheImmigrant posted:

How could an earnest US Republican spin this against her?

This is the weirdest "scandal" I've seen, I'm not even sure what the argument being made is.

JonathonSpectre
Jul 23, 2003

I replaced the Shermatar and text with this because I don't wanna see racial slurs every time you post what the fuck

Soiled Meat
Did you hear about how the motherfucker wanted spicy mustard on his burger? MOTHERFUCKER.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Xandu posted:

This is the weirdest "scandal" I've seen, I'm not even sure what the argument being made is.

Somebody named Obama did a thing. This is why we decided it was wrong.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Xandu posted:

You kidding me, a black woman not showing submission to a higher authority? That's like the right wing nightmare.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Quantumfate posted:

Obama's wife deliberately provoking terrorists and insulting our allies in the middle east.

Someone had to :colbert:

CommieGIR fucked around with this message at 05:01 on Jan 29, 2015

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
:angel: ~ * ~ T A Q I Y Y A ~ * ~ :angel:

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
But headscarves are pretty. :(

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
It's not an issue because men don't have to wear headscarves and reading the Freep thread has told me all that I need to know about how the conservative id sees Michelle Obama.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Based on the pictures I believe instead of a headscarf to make Michelle appear shorter the Saudi delegation should wear some platform shoes so they don't just get dunked on non-stop in a 2 on 2 Obama street basketball match.

Ler
Mar 23, 2005

I believe...

icantfindaname posted:

Was this before or after the Saudis greatly expanded religious law and morality codes in the 70s with American blessing and encouragement?

2002-06

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

baw posted:

Here is a take from my conservative friend on facebook:

Your friend sucks.

StabbinHobo
Oct 18, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
loving mind blowing that the story is about her hair

not... you know, that the president of the united states travels to a king's coronation to "pay his respects"

the real story should be how in the gently caress did he get her to go

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY

Republicans posted:

Your friend sucks.

he's alright

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
I wonder how long it's going to be before conservatives just plumb start demanding that women cover their hair in public.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

SedanChair posted:

I wonder how long it's going to be before conservatives just plumb start demanding that women cover their hair in public.

Welcome back, 1700s! We didn't miss you!

Considering the 'She was asking for it' rape apologists among the Right, its not out of the question.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

SedanChair posted:

There are certain Christian sects that actually do require women to cover their hair. They dress in rather specific ways (and seriously look like Puritans) and are generally found in very rural areas. I'm not talking about Amish in that these are people that use modern technology and live on the grid. They're almost always super conservative and would probably mandate their dress code for everybody if they had the votes to do it.

Smudgie Buggler
Feb 27, 2005

SET PHASERS TO "GRINDING TEDIUM"
A woman made her own clothing choices how dare she

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry

Barudak posted:

Based on the pictures I believe instead of a headscarf to make Michelle appear shorter the Saudi delegation should wear some platform shoes so they don't just get dunked on non-stop in a 2 on 2 Obama street basketball match.

The B man wouldn't even try he would be standing their cracking jokes while passing it to michelle for layups.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

ToxicSlurpee posted:

There are certain Christian sects that actually do require women to cover their hair. They dress in rather specific ways (and seriously look like Puritans) and are generally found in very rural areas. I'm not talking about Amish in that these are people that use modern technology and live on the grid. They're almost always super conservative and would probably mandate their dress code for everybody if they had the votes to do it.

We had Mennonites in my high school. They kept to themselves and disappeared after Sophomore year.

That Irish Gal
Jul 8, 2012

Your existence amounts to nothing more than a goldfish swimming upriver.

PS: We are all actually cats
islam only good if saudis do it

therefore

obama bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Xandu posted:

Countdown to hairgate... (if they're not actually calling it that)

• Locked thread