Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
emoji
Jun 4, 2004
Has Spotify fixed the metadata for the Selected Ambient Works albums yet. I stopped using it after I got tired of working too hard to use their search function.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Did anyone say "very carefully" yet??

med school head
Apr 17, 2012
haha grooveshark is loving garvbage

just buy a VPS, install qbittorrent and subsonic, boom there is your music streaming solution hth

pram
Jun 10, 2001

Citizen Tayne posted:

Did anyone say "very carefully" yet??

yes

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Okay, thank you for checking.

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

colbylol posted:

haha grooveshark is loving garvbage

just buy a VPS, install qbittorrent and subsonic, boom there is your music streaming solution hth

lmao paying monthly to host your own private piracy :yayclod: instead of just paying for of the many legit streaming services

Dicky B
Mar 23, 2004

if ur cool you already pay for a vps for other poo poo

MeruFM
Jul 27, 2010
do VPS providers not shut you down for :filez:?

white guy muhammed
Mar 14, 2015

by Ralp
I pay for music because I'm not a piece of poo poo thief

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

MeruFM posted:

do VPS providers not shut you down for :filez:?

theyd probably go out of business if they did that

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

i bought grooveshark premium for a year back in i think 2009. when they tried to automatically charge me for a new year, the credit card was expired, so i got this notification to re-enter the info, which i didn't do. instead of the vip thing ending though, it just kept going with a little "update your cc" message in the corner. they only figured that one out about 2 months ago lol

grooveshark is garbage don't use it

Zam Wesell
Mar 22, 2009

[Zam is suddenly shot in the neck by a toxic dart; Anakin and Obi-Wan see a "rocket-man" take off and fly away, and Zam dies]
all streaming services are really bad with a lovely selection. use mp3s/flacs and The Player Of Your Choice (mine's foobar).

that being said I've used Spotify in the past when on ipad/iphone/mba soo i guess it's good for that

overeager overeater
Oct 16, 2011

"The cosmonauts were transfixed with wonderment as the sun set - over the Earth - there lucklessly, untethered Comrade Todd on fire."

pram posted:

how do they make the spotify client a bigger piece of poo poo on every release

webkit

pram
Jun 10, 2001

Granbar posted:

all streaming services are really bad with a lovely selection. use mp3s/flacs and The Player Of Your Choice (mine's foobar).

that being said I've used Spotify in the past when on ipad/iphone/mba soo i guess it's good for that

thx *crumples up suggestion and throws it into trash*

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
same but that homeless dudes condom before he boned your mother and inseminated her with you

pram
Jun 10, 2001
that homeless man.. was you :wth:

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I am just you, traveled back in time to troll you on an Internet forum, and soon to hop back into the machine, travel back to a year before you were born, don the outfit your moter loves best [hobo garbs] then inseminate her with ourself

Tiny Bug Child
Sep 11, 2004

Avoid Symmetry, Allow Complexity, Introduce Terror
piracy owns. thanks to piracy, i have access to an insanely large amount of music for free. thanks to piracy, i know my entertainment money doesn't go towards supporting businesses i find objectionable. thanks to piracy, i often get to listen to albums i'm excited about hearing days or even weeks before they're "officially" "released". thanks, piracy.

klen dool
May 7, 2007

Okay well me being wrong in some limited situations doesn't change my overall point.

white guy muhammed posted:

That doesn't mean you're going to get the same selection of music on a US account that you will on an EU account you absolute noob.

I didn't say you would

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

emoji posted:

It's extremely cool that you feel so strongly about luxury product companies 'dicking' people over but apparently have no problem with pharma and the fact that NZ is the only country besides the US that allows consumer pharma ads.

Yeah, but we get heavily subsidised generic medicines....so it balances out.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Displeased Moo Cow posted:

they check in on you every night via your webcam

That's good of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

med school head
Apr 17, 2012

Dicky B posted:

if ur cool you already pay for a vps for other poo poo

• Locked thread