Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pram
Jun 10, 2001
how do they make the spotify client a bigger piece of poo poo on every release

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

BEHEAD THOSE WHO INSULT GENTOO
they take pieces of your posts and paste them into the code until the compiler only produces warning

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

who even uses spotify use grooveshark jesus what is this 1996

pram
Jun 10, 2001
ahaha good one. i would have also accepted 'very carefully op' . just kidding shut the gently caress up and get out of my thread

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

du -hast posted:

jesus what is this 1996

pram
Jun 10, 2001
seriously folks. it sucks. i click on a song and it plays one thats half way down the list. how do you gently caress up this badly

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

hm yeah i can actually see how my posts w/r/t this could be considered somewhat... poo poo

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

pram posted:

seriously folks. it sucks. i click on a song and it plays one thats half way down the list. how do you gently caress up this badly

srs post tho pram, use grooveshark. i used to use spotify too but then i saw the light

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

very carefully!

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Mr. Apollo posted:

very carefully!

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

cool its pissflaps

pram
Jun 10, 2001

du -hast posted:

srs post tho pram, use grooveshark. i used to use spotify too but then i saw the light

giving this a shot

MeruFM
Jul 27, 2010

du -hast posted:

why do half the songs not have album art

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

MeruFM posted:

why do half the songs not have album art

because normal people want to listen to music not ruminate at the improper sepia coloring of a 1980s hair metal album hth

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

pram posted:

giving this a shot

its p cool, i dont like the new interface that much though but it has everything and it's freeeeeeeeeeeeeee

MeruFM
Jul 27, 2010

du -hast posted:

because normal people want to listen to music not ruminate at the improper sepia coloring of a 1980s hair metal album hth

I guess it's just :filez:

Dicky B
Mar 23, 2004

im amazed grooveshark is still up and running after all these years their team of lawyers must be fly as gently caress

pram
Jun 10, 2001
ahaha grooveshark albums are royally hosed. this is all pirated stuff?

pram
Jun 10, 2001

quote:

The legality of Grooveshark's business model, which permits users to upload copyrighted music, remains undetermined. The company won a major lawsuit filed by Universal Music Group concerning use of Universal's pre-1972 recordings. Grooveshark has also been sued for copyright violations by EMI Music Publishing, Sony Music Entertainment, and Warner Music Group.

:pram:

Dicky B
Mar 23, 2004

the content is user submitted. iirc the legal loophole is if they receive a takedown notice all they have to do is take it down and then it gets uploaded again 30 minutes later and they can say "but we took it down when you asked us to lol"

pram
Jun 10, 2001
lol

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

it is both legal and needs suiting. it's in a way the same as youtube, who would never survive if they lost a law suit every time some rear end in a top hat posted a family guy clip

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

Dicky B posted:

the content is user submitted. iirc the legal loophole is if they receive a takedown notice all they have to do is take it down and then it gets uploaded again 30 minutes later and they can say "but we took it down when you asked us to lol"

gently caress yeah the law is great sometimes

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

pram posted:

how do they make the spotify client a bigger piece of poo poo on every release

i dont know, i dont usei t

Widdiful
Oct 10, 2012

i download my music in superior flac format op

MrMoo
Sep 14, 2000

Widdiful posted:

i download my music in superior flac format op

Somebody at Apple needs to leak the wonder audio format that Neil Young was pushing them for. High Fidelity Flac or whatever.

pram
Jun 10, 2001
i think u mean ALAC

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

i miss the sites that would index the entire internet and link to mp3s it found, so you'd get to listen to wierd and random WIP songs or things that were never released or are rare

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
what.cd and foobar is the best combo

white guy muhammed
Mar 14, 2015

by Ralp

pram posted:

giving this a shot

Grooveshark is trash and a lot of the songs are either missing, corrupted, or badly ordered. Stick to the Spotify web player

pram
Jun 10, 2001
yes that is my experience thus far

FamDav
Mar 29, 2008

echinopsis posted:

what.cd and foobar is the best combo

this. i uploaded a bunch of applications and music i had gotten from oink to what in like the first few weeks and robber baron'd my way to being in the top 100 uploaders on what for like the first 3 years.

pram
Jun 10, 2001
i dont like going through the effort of pirating poo poo anymore. i had a waffles.fm and what account but idk. having to maintain ratios. keeping torrent constantly up. most of this poo poo is on spotify and youtube anyway?

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

pram posted:

i dont like going through the effort of pirating poo poo anymore. i had a waffles.fm and what account but idk. having to maintain ratios. keeping torrent constantly up. most of this poo poo is on spotify and youtube anyway?

i think this is the prevailing attitutde these days. i know people who used to pirate stuff all the time but now they wont watch anything that isnt on netflix or w/e just because its easier

also sign up for the 6 month free trial of Youtube Music Key

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

i don't like that they split up the "starred" and "saved" playlists. why would they do that? now half the music i've discovered and liked are in two different god drat places

Glorgnole
Oct 23, 2012

grooveshark's alright but their new interface is bad. also there are a ton of mislabled tracks.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

pram posted:

feels like a sense of community rather than a mega corp molesting your wallet

Maximum Leader
Dec 5, 2014
works great for me. was sort of disappointed they removed apps but they added a lyrics button which is all they were good for anyway. 10/10 would pay monthly for the service.

emoji
Jun 4, 2004

echinopsis posted:

feels like a sense of community rather than a mega corp molesting your wallet

It's extremely cool that you feel so strongly about luxury product companies 'dicking' people over but apparently have no problem with pharma and the fact that NZ is the only country besides the US that allows consumer pharma ads.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

emoji posted:

It's extremely cool that you feel so strongly about luxury product companies 'dicking' people over but apparently have no problem with pharma and the fact that NZ is the only country besides the US that allows consumer pharma ads.

some major ownage bombs itt

• Locked thread