Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cyber Dog

Twitter Warpath posted:

dang, I wanna drink beers and go to impromptu gutter shows

tha good life bb

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bacalou

all artistic talent funneled down and compressed into the most palatable generic form based on the opinions of people who shop at j crew

Pizzatime

gently caress. marry. t-rex posted:

I don't want to kick you while your down but the soundcloud song you linked was hyper boring, and your friends song is bad but at least it isn't a 50 hertz wave with some chip samples over it or w.e

hey not at all man, you're giving me a possible reason for why I am not successful on a silver platter. if anything I have to thank you for that insight. maybe try this one? https://soundcloud.com/hardw1red/nuuup I dunno my stuff all kinda sounds like that, which is probably the reason why most people like wave their hands and keep moving

Pizzatime

crust munch posted:

graphic design is the worst thing to do if you consider yourself an artist

it is like working at mcdonalds while thinking of yourself as a chef

I think the same, but it's basically the only thing on offer, and I'm getting rejected everywhere, so with 10/20 jobs being graphic design, I've long since run out of other options

fuck. marry. t-rex

that one is a little better but it isnt a song its just some noise and pyramiding for like 30s and then it loops. i mean chiptune is already a hyper-niche genre if you want your song to be interesting or stand out you need something to Wow or be really innovative (not really sure how you'd innovate since the whole thing is ultra-restrictive).

But really you will never make money with chip-tunes there is like 1 famous chip tune artist and that already saturated the market.

Anyway, here is something I consider a decent chiptune, and maybe compare how much more poo poo is happening in it than your thing https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sFn3o7oLBk. ALso note this song is like real famous and it still probably made the dude like 0 money

Pizzatime

it's like, yea, I would love to have a cool job, so I've applied to all of the cool jobs. alright let's see here, a lot of new mails, oh it's all rejections! time to get a poo poo job before these are out as well and I have to restock shelfs with products I could've been designing.

fuck. marry. t-rex

if you want to be a musician you need to perform it live either by playing an actual instrument in a real band, or DJing electronic, and both are hugely difficult to break into, and involve a lot of touring and making barely minimum wage level money

fuck. marry. t-rex

Pizzatime posted:

it's like, yea, I would love to have a cool job, so I've applied to all of the cool jobs. alright let's see here, a lot of new mails, oh it's all rejections! time to get a poo poo job before these are out as well and I have to restock shelfs with products I could've been designing.

lol get the gently caress over yourself

Pizzatime

that one is a little better but it isnt a song its just some noise and pyramiding for like 30s and then it loops. i mean chiptune is already a hyper-niche genre if you want your song to be interesting or stand out you need something to Wow or be really innovative (not really sure how you'd innovate since the whole thing is ultra-restrictive).

But really you will never make money with chip-tunes there is like 1 famous chip tune artist and that already saturated the market.

Anyway, here is something I consider a decent chiptune, and maybe compare how much more poo poo is happening in it than your thing https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sFn3o7oLBk. ALso note this song is like real famous and it still probably made the dude like 0 money

I think some corners of my mind are like really simple. like, I think, god I loooove that music I just made, now I'll upload it and surely there's lots of other people that will love it as much as I do, just like impulsively. and then there aren't, and then I remember that out of a thousand people, I would probably get along with 2, and then it makes sense again. sure, I could go and try make some song by researching what songs are famous and replicating that with my own twist, that's what every place I've ever worked at does with everything. games, apps, art, music, movies, but that's not me. I make my stuff and I guess I can now accept that if I'm ever going to be as successful as someone as my friend there, I should start to worry.

Pizzatime

lol get the gently caress over yourself

sorry, I'm just trying to say great jobs are out and I need to get over myself and do the not great jobs before the not great jobs are out as well and I have to do the poo poo jobs .

Pizzatime

either way thanks a bunch to all of you for the insight and consolation, it helps!

bwatts

trex is pretty much right except i think he's being too generous to sabrepulse. that sucks too. chiptune might be a thing you like, but its a stupid piece of poo poo genre because its so constrictive. use bits you like from your music, like sample it or take the atmosphere (it seems like the music you create is for or at least tagged as game music (which would also explain its lack of popularity) so i assume you have an atmosphere you want to convey but i could be completely off on that one) and put it into a far less restrictive type of music you can play with it in.

Pizzatime

vice.com op-ed posted:

trex is pretty much right except i think he's being too generous to sabrepulse. that sucks too. chiptune might be a thing you like, but its a stupid piece of poo poo genre because its so constrictive. use bits you like from your music, like sample it or take the atmosphere (it seems like the music you create is for or at least tagged as game music (which would also explain its lack of popularity) so i assume you have an atmosphere you want to convey but i could be completely off on that one) and put it into a far less restrictive type of music you can play with it in.

that's a new idea! thanks, I'll remember that one.

Pizzatime

hey so I've made a song based on your advice, yay https://soundcloud.com/hardw1red/iron-oven-view

drilldo squirt

a beautiful, soft meat sack
You're a cazy narcissistic hack who really needs other people to acknowledge how great he is and it's pathetic.

----------------

Pizzatime

wow sorry for posting a thing I did jeez

Pizzatime

maybe if you used your time to do somethign worthwile instead of trying to make other people feel bad you'd feel a little better yourself

drilldo squirt

a beautiful, soft meat sack
I warned you bro, like days ago.

----------------

GODS NOT REAL

YOU STUPID BUNNIES

Cyber Dog posted:

speaking of, have you guys heard of a little tune called heart and soul? it really brings me out when life throws me one too many lemons

Heart and soul
One will burn

I.N.R.I

Pizzatime posted:

like, here's an example. I got 136 songs or something on soundcloud, I got next to no views, not a single dime made with anything. another guy I know, grew up in the same town, has six songs, he has views way past the ten thousands and is on german television. with a single song. I have 136. he has one. he gets to travel around and be appreciated while I get to apply to jobs and sit alone at home making music that nobody listens to. also making games that nobody plays and art that nobody hangs on their wall. what is the deal, life?

song fail

I.N.R.I
since youre asking then the song he made is proabably really good and also everyeone likes him for his good charming personality whereas your songs proabably suck and nobody likes you

les fleurs du mall

by LadyAmbien
There's plenty more fish in the sea, OP.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Damp Star Baby

Staying Legend. CA Exempt DEATH

I.N.R.I posted:

since youre asking then the song he made is proabably really good and also everyeone likes him for his good charming personality whereas your songs proabably suck and nobody likes you

This is 100% how the entertainment business works. Nobody owes you their money or attention.

I must create a system or be enslaved by another mans; I will not reason and compare: my business is to create. - William Blake

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tebulot

im hip now bois

Don't worry too much about doing anything really, it's all kind of not worth getting worked up over.

Just be happy you won the lottery and was born in a country with clean running water.

• Locked thread