Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pizzatime

like, here's an example. I got 136 songs or something on soundcloud, I got next to no views, not a single dime made with anything. another guy I know, grew up in the same town, has six songs, he has views way past the ten thousands and is on german television. with a single song. I have 136. he has one. he gets to travel around and be appreciated while I get to apply to jobs and sit alone at home making music that nobody listens to. also making games that nobody plays and art that nobody hangs on their wall. what is the deal, life?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drilldo squirt

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Maybe you need more songs?

----------------

Pizzatime

also he's the son of a musician and was always a universally liked popular guy. guess I'm just that stereotypical outcast that has to work really hard and eventually gets rewarded for it, or not

drilldo squirt

Hmm.

----------------

Pizzatime

or maybe I'm making the mistake to assume life is fair

Al Borland

by XyloJW
life isn't about talent or skill or intelligence. Its about who you know.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

drilldo squirt

I don't think your trying hard enough, 136 isn't nearly enough sound cloud songs to have.

----------------

shabbat goy

I'll hang your art on my wall if my partner says it's okay.

Flying Fortress

lemme hear these songs

drilldo squirt

Al Borland posted:

Talent, skill, and intelligence helps though.

----------------

Al Borland

by XyloJW

drilldo squirt posted:

Talent, skill, and intelligence helps though.

not till you know people.

----------------

Chef Shimi

Al Borland posted:

Whoa.

drilldo squirt

Flying Fortress posted:

lemme hear these songs

:their: all individual performances of the byob reggae with the original byob reggae songs being played in the background for the music.

----------------

Sloppy Milkshake

I MAKE YOU HUMBLE

i'll hang your art on my wall, idgaf what my partner says.

drilldo squirt

Al Borland posted:

not till you know people.

How do you think you meet people idiot, using those things.

----------------

drilldo squirt

:their: doesn't work in byob and I'm going to get someone fired over this.

----------------

deep dish peat moss

Exposure shouldn't be your end-goal.

Pizzatime

Al Borland posted:

exactly

Pizzatime

Flying Fortress posted:

lemme hear these songs

https://soundcloud.com/hardw1red/medusa-seven

drilldo squirt

Pizzatime why not use your talent, skill, or intelligence to get to know people?

----------------

Al Borland

by XyloJW

drilldo squirt posted:

How do you think you meet people idiot, using those things.

in the case ofp izzatime's friend. Through your successful rich parents.

----------------

Pizzatime

Hick Magnet posted:

Exposure shouldn't be your end-goal.

the lack of it definitely keeps me from advancing in life

Al Borland

by XyloJW
I have social skills so I'm connected now it feels good :smugdog:

----------------

Pizzatime

drilldo squirt posted:

Pizzatime why not use your talent, skill, or intelligence to get to know people?

cause there's something weird about me that makes everybody hate me in about a couple weeks after they first got to know me. it's like [thread title]

joke_explainer

some people are just lucky, like being lucky enough to be born the son of a famous musician I guess.

the most successful people out there are generally hard workers that got very lucky / were prepared to act on it when opportunity came by, so keep at it and maybe you'll get a chance to shine. or maybe not and you'll die in obscurity someday, but thats what happens to most people. but if you don't try you have zero chance of being successful.

joke_explainer

Pizzatime posted:

cause there's something weird about me that makes everybody hate me in about a couple weeks after they first got to know me. it's like [thread title]

is it because you enviously whine about people who are more successful than you a lot?

Pizzatime

joke_explainer posted:

some people are just lucky, like being lucky enough to be born the son of a famous musician I guess.

the most successful people out there are generally hard workers that got very lucky / were prepared to act on it when opportunity came by, so keep at it and maybe you'll get a chance to shine. or maybe not and you'll die in obscurity someday, but thats what happens to most people. but if you don't try you have zero chance of being successful.

definitely trying, trying until something works or forever, whatever comes first.

deep dish peat moss

Pizzatime posted:

the lack of it definitely keeps me from advancing in life

It's really easy to be successful without making music or video games or painting pictures. You can't expect your hobbies to bring you fame and fortune.

Pizzatime

joke_explainer posted:

is it because you enviously whine about people who are more successful than you a lot?

never. that's being frustrated alone at home and venting at a place that is safe from messing with my social standing

drilldo squirt

Pizzatime posted:

You should see someone about that, friend.

----------------

Pizzatime

Hick Magnet posted:

It's really easy to be successful without making music or video games or painting pictures. You can't expect your hobbies to bring you fame and fortune.

I'm a bachelor of arts, it's what I'm supposed to do

deep dish peat moss

Well, that was your first mistake.

Pizzatime

also it's the only things I am good enough at to ever have a chance having more than your regular old lovely unrecognized life of mediocrity

drilldo squirt

Pizzatime posted:

also it's the only things I am good enough at to ever have a chance having more than your regular old lovely unrecognized life of mediocrity

Your job doesn't have to be your life dude.

----------------

Cyber Dog

sounds like u got the weed bummers dood, theres nothing anyone can do to help

Pizzatime

drilldo squirt posted:

You should see someone about that, friend.

it's gotten better, but it's kept me from making social connections early on and now I'm stuck being this person that doesn't know a lot of people and it's like constantly to late to slowly start inching social relations into something favorable for my work, which would kinda seem unethical either way

deep dish peat moss

If you care about what other people think about you, your "social standing", how successful you are, etc, you're completely overthinking this life thing.

Pizzatime

drilldo squirt posted:

Your job doesn't have to be your life dude.

true. through if he can do it with that little effort I raise an eyebrow at the bazillion trillion songs and promotion attempts I made in the past like 6 years

Pizzatime

Hick Magnet posted:

If you care about what other people think about you, your "social standing", how successful you are, etc, you're completely overthinking this life thing.

that's just regarding this whole it's about who you know thing. recognition of my work is important to me, knowing a lot and the right people is really important for that, and I lack it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drilldo squirt

Pizzatime posted:

true. through if he can do it with that little effort I raise an eyebrow at the bazillion trillion songs and promotion attempts I made in the past like 6 years

How does bitching about it help?

----------------

• Locked thread