Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a!n
Apr 26, 2013

I did get it with 82%. I havent found any of the puzzles obtuse, except for the keycodes, because I really can't find anything hinting at them. And except for "puzzles" that for some reason are "solved" by using a keycode :v:.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
As I said, I cheated and looked up the keycodes, as well as how to get them, and they're absurdly obscure.

Also I played a tiny bit today and ended up getting my new best friend of a weapon, The Distortion Field. It's basically a suped up Kilver.

Speaking of weapons, I'm annoyed because looking at spoiler-free lists, I'm pretty sure I've missed the Reflector and the Firewall some places obvious. I kinda wish I at least knew what zones they were in.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

The damage per hit is lower than Kilver, so you're often better off with well timed Kilver shots than with the Distortion Field.

Cidrick
Jun 10, 2001

Praise the siamese
Its a bit of a trade-off - the kilver you have to button mash but is more powerful per shot, whereas the distortion field is auto-fire and weaker per shot.

One of the things that I love about this game is that you can just use whatever weapon you like. You aren't required to use any particular kind of weapon ever aside from the occasional long-distance weapons for certain bosses, and there's enough weapon variety that it's really interesting to play with new ones.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
I was being dumb and not realizing I had the reflect and wasn't calling it that. it was the Ion Beam I didn't have (as well as the flame wall) I found them, and much else by using a semi spoiler free map that just shows what squares stuff is on on the map. I still have to 100% Urkin-Na before I am ready to go to the last area. Right now I'm sitting on 90% items and 91% map.

Wolpertinger
Feb 16, 2011

RBA Starblade posted:

I thought Trace can use them because Athetos did at one point or another.

Elsanova says at some point that the reason you can use Athetos's tools is because his tools can only be used by a PatternMind. They could be lying if they don't want you to know the whole deal yet and it's just like locked to his DNA or something though.

Factory Davey
Jan 9, 2010

I am aware of what the hands look like. I did my best. :(
It really, really bums me out that this game doesn't have blips on the map where the stuff you missed is. I drilled the walls of practically every room I was in, and looped around the map a few times, looking for stuff and still only found around 80% of the items. That, and the lack of fast travel, made the game way more repetitive than it had to be IMO.

Game is good though.

a!n
Apr 26, 2013

At first I was mad there was no fast travel, but I actually ended up liking it. It means there is a natural way to look around for stuff you've missed earlier and helps with immersion. The level design in this game is excellent and makes up for it imo.

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I have absolutely no idea where to go.

The last thing I picked up as an ability was the passcode thing, and I immediately went and just looked up the passwords because yeah, not doing obtuse poo poo in a game that's already needlessly frustrating. Before that, my most recent upgrades were the wall-phase and the absolutely terrible grappling hook.

I got nothin' here, guys. I've gone through literally every room I have access to multiple times now, and I can't figure out where the game wants me to be. Either the path forward is blocked by green/blue glitchy poo poo, or there's a solid wall/floor that I can't figure out how to get through, or I just need abilities or maybe guns I don't have.

I poked my head into Edin but glitchy spots block the way. There's a pyramid-lookin' thing at the top of that godawful outdoor area with the giant tick things and boulders that I can't get into. The upper path(s?) in Indi are out because I can't phase through the ceiling. I thought for sure the white area with no enemies was the way forward, since it requires both the wall-phase and the grapple, but no. Just leads to god drat Indi.

I've literally been wandering around for hours and I can't figure out where to go. I've gotten a few fragments and whatnot, and I'm up to 3 secret worlds discovered (2 explored. One in Indi(? I can't recall where exactly) glitched on me and I had to reset because it spawned me inside a loving wall that I couldn't get free from, probably because I grapple-swung into it) but I can't get anywhere. Last useless weapon I picked up was the one that bounces off walls.

Tired of walking around in circles. If I need to, I can go take screenshots of my map and piece them together to show what all I've done. Anyone happen to know what direction I should head toward? I've checked my map a bunch, going to any incomplete rooms or to check out doors I haven't been through, but they're all blocked in ways I can't get through. :(

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

I'm pretty sure you want to be in Edin, unless you need to explore Kor better. Have you been to Ukkin-Na yet?

dis astranagant fucked around with this message at 13:14 on May 28, 2015

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

ChibiSoma posted:

I have absolutely no idea where to go.

The last thing I picked up as an ability was the passcode thing, and I immediately went and just looked up the passwords because yeah, not doing obtuse poo poo in a game that's already needlessly frustrating. Before that, my most recent upgrades were the wall-phase and the absolutely terrible grappling hook.

I got nothin' here, guys. I've gone through literally every room I have access to multiple times now, and I can't figure out where the game wants me to be. Either the path forward is blocked by green/blue glitchy poo poo, or there's a solid wall/floor that I can't figure out how to get through, or I just need abilities or maybe guns I don't have.

I poked my head into Edin but glitchy spots block the way. There's a pyramid-lookin' thing at the top of that godawful outdoor area with the giant tick things and boulders that I can't get into. The upper path(s?) in Indi are out because I can't phase through the ceiling. I thought for sure the white area with no enemies was the way forward, since it requires both the wall-phase and the grapple, but no. Just leads to god drat Indi.

I've literally been wandering around for hours and I can't figure out where to go. I've gotten a few fragments and whatnot, and I'm up to 3 secret worlds discovered (2 explored. One in Indi(? I can't recall where exactly) glitched on me and I had to reset because it spawned me inside a loving wall that I couldn't get free from, probably because I grapple-swung into it) but I can't get anywhere. Last useless weapon I picked up was the one that bounces off walls.

Tired of walking around in circles. If I need to, I can go take screenshots of my map and piece them together to show what all I've done. Anyone happen to know what direction I should head toward? I've checked my map a bunch, going to any incomplete rooms or to check out doors I haven't been through, but they're all blocked in ways I can't get through. :(

Have you gotten to an area (I forget the name of the area sorry) that seems like it's a dead end with a bunch of pink acid pools and enemies that jump in and out of them? Because the game never makes it obvious but one of those can be glitched out and turned into a platform.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Here's a spoiler-free guide to help you. Different people get stuck in different places, I got stuck after getting the labcoat because I walked right past the very obvious pink upgrade between two 1-tile-wide walls and backtracked through absolutely everything before that before going back to the pink thing and smacking my forehead. It's likely a similar situation for you.

http://sirtaptap.com/2015/04/axiom-verge-spoiler-free-guide/

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
E: Nope, wait, figured it out. God drat it, I must've poked my head into Ukkin-Na and then never thought to go back or went down that path.

Or no, I went in there before I had the wall phase, I think. Either way. Been so long since I played a Metroid-like game that I've gotten completely terrible at remembering where I've been even when there's a map. :( Thanks, guys.

ChibiSoma fucked around with this message at 17:00 on May 28, 2015

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
It does show you exactly where that is, in the map section of the guide.

http://sirtaptap.com/2015/04/axiom-verge-spoiler-free-guide/#Maps

There's three different maps. A spoiler-free one, one with item locations as white dots, and one with item locations as the actual item icon.

The first four screenshots you showed are things you can't get to until you get certain upgrades later.

a!n
Apr 26, 2013

I did a thing. The game made me do it.

edit: vvv Yeah, that's why I uploaded it in the first place.

a!n fucked around with this message at 12:48 on Aug 10, 2015

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
That's loving amazing and genuinely horrifying. Well done, you should message the dude who made AV or twitter or whatever and let him know, I'm sure he'd appreciate it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a!n
Apr 26, 2013

Turns out they have a T-Shirt design contest going and pointed me towards that: https://twitter.com/Ze_ain/status/630691051225935872

I'm terrible with GIMP, but here's my mockup design: http://community.welovefine.com/m/contests/design/40571

• Locked thread