Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe
I don't have opinions about roles and so on, but we should have the alien, the robot, the panda, the dog, and...crap, I guess we'll go with Giant Afro Man to lead them. Okay, I guess I have one opinion about roles.

EDIT: new page; go check out the previous page for voting on characters!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice
Black: Assault, Gus Fane
Brown: Leader, J Blues
Purple: Techie, Telemelia
Yellow: Scout, Michonne
Green: Assist, Alien

GenderSelectScreen fucked around with this message at 22:29 on May 19, 2015

TyrantSabre
Nov 4, 2009

Get close to the explosion.
It's worth noting too that we're not restricted to those five default colors; there's fourteen total colors you can choose from (visible in the first screenshot of the last update). Got a problem with primary colors? Get your green, orange, cyan, magenta and purple on. Have an irrational grudge against your scout? Make them wear the brown suit. Hate the other readers? Make each ranger a different shade of blue or green so that nobody knows who the Hell you're talking about.

It's also worth noting that the developers just yesterday dropped an update that cut a couple episodes from the early-to-midgame seasons for better pacing, so don't expect to see some of those things unless they add them in a later content update. That aside, I don't have a dog in this fight regarding the rangers, so bop along now and tear the roof off the sucker.

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.
So, uh... I went and bought Chroma Squad yesterday, after seeing this thread. :sweatdrop: The graphics are 'Knights of Pen and Paper' as hell, but everything seems pretty solid thus far. :toot:

Don't forget that each actor also needs a name, folks. And if Mr. Beaver gets picked without having an Angry Beavers reference for a name, I think all hope for humanity has been lost.

MechaCrash
Jan 1, 2013

Scout: Yellow, J Blues, name default.
Assault: Black, May Yeerum, name default.
Lead: Brown, Mr. Beaver, name Chuck.
Techie: Blue, Mao Shinmei, name default.
Assist: Pink, Alert Johansen, name default.

Note that if you gently caress around with the colors too much, you're going to wind up with a hard to read mess. You can make a team with cyan, brown, orange, purple, and salmon, but you'll have to keep looking at the sidebar and it's a pain in the rear end.

grandalt
Feb 26, 2013

I didn't fight through two wars to rule
I fought for the future of the world

And the right to have hot tea whenever I wanted
Assault: Mao, color purple, call her Joan
Leader : Mr Beaver, color red, call him Groovemaster
Techie : JBlues, color blue, call him Funkman
Scout : Evan Tyson, color green, call him Zack
Assist : Alert, color grey, call her Fancyfree

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

grandalt posted:

Assault: Mao, color purple, call her Joan
Leader : Mr Beaver, color red, call him Groovemaster
Techie : JBlues, color blue, call him Funkman
Scout : Evan Tyson, color green, call him Zack
Assist : Alert, color grey, call her Fancyfree

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Black: Assault, Asimobot, R. Daneel
Red: Leader, Alien, Zim
Orange: Techie, Alert Johansen, Felicity
Yellow: Scout, Beaver, Dagget
Blue: Assist, May Yeerum, Cammie

If you guys don't at least get the alien, robot and beaver on the team I don't even know what we're doing here. :colbert:

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Techie - Asimobot - Pink - Junie
Assist - J Blues - Blue - Stingray
Lead - Alien - Red - Dr. Funkenstein
Assault - Evan Tyson - Black - Hampton
Scout - Mr. Beaver - Yellow - Bootsy

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Aw! Too late to vote the team as the Axem Rangers! Oh well.

Mr. Beaver shouldn't be optional. :colbert:

Thyself D. Mad
Jan 14, 2015
Lead,:White, AsimoBot, Mr. F.U.N.K.
Techie: Green, Alien, Geth the Jerk
Scout: Orange, May Yeerum, Mayday Yesterday
Assault: Black, Gus Fane, Mack Scott
Assist: Red, Mr. Beaver, Mister B

EDIT: Changed the assist character

Thyself D. Mad fucked around with this message at 01:42 on May 20, 2015

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Just on Mao guys, she headbutts the poo poo out of people when unmorphed. Just thought that I'd share that.

Snorb
Nov 19, 2010
Lead: White, Mao Shinmei, Lin
Assault: Green, May Yeerum, Rose
Scout: Orange (top row, rightmost), Ryo Yoshi, Qwo Poo
Techie: Light Blue (bottom row, third from the right), Dude Lee, Gene Yuss
Assist: Red, Alert Johansen, Tasha

.....Yeah, I kinda went "gently caress it, pick the Sailor Guardian colors like I should have in my playthrough."

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010
Leader: Ashley Smith, White, Yvonne
Assault: Mao Shinmei, Green, Eva
Scout: Evan Tyson, Black, Mike
Assist: Alert Johansen, Red, Scarlet
Techie: Weasley Snipes, Pink, Simon

My reasoning: Ashley's natural HP penalty will be offset by the Leader bonus and she'l have a nice attack boost when hitting things with swords (and years of Power Rangers has taught me the leader should always be hitting things with swords). Mao gets to hit things even harder than she normally would as an Assault. Evan has a speed penalty, but the scout Bonus will balances that out and again, he'll get to hit things nice and hard. Alert should get a nice boost to her skill regen as an Assist. And I couldn't resist making Simon Phoenix, and putting him in a role that will let him shoot all of the things. That said role is Techie is just a bonus for me. God I love that movie.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

RickVoid posted:

Scout: Evan Tyson Mao, Black, Mike

My reasoning: Ashley's natural HP penalty will be offset by the Leader bonus and she'l have a nice attack boost when hitting things with swords (and years of Power Rangers has taught me the leader should always be hitting things with swords). Mao gets to hit things even harder than she normally would as an Assault. Evan has a speed penalty, but the scout Bonus will balances that out and again, he'll get to hit things nice and hard. Alert should get a nice boost to her skill regen as an Assist. And I couldn't resist making Simon Phoenix, and putting him in a role that will let him shoot all of the things. That said role is Techie is just a bonus for me. God I love that movie.

Stealing this. Mao is the default Assault but I've yet to actually use her AS the default assault due to wanting to round that class out more with either HP, counter, enemy defense penalties, etc. So seeing them go wholesale murder sounds good.

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

They'll bend the knee or I'll destroy them

RickVoid posted:

Voting for this.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

Leader: Justin Bo, J Blues, Red
Assault: Justin Bailey, Alert Johansen, Orange
Scout: Justin Bonk, Ryo Yoshi, Yellow
Techie: Justin Beaver, Mr. Beaver, Green
Assist: Justin Beiber, Von Andy, Cyan

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Great Joe posted:

This is close enough to my first instincts for the P-Funk thang. Though I'd prefer Junie to be the more manly Purple color. Also, Tyson can be replaced and I won't be heartbroken. Maybe with Michonne? (I'm barely aware of the stat gains, I'm mostly here for the funk.)

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

I approve of Michonne getting switched in.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

RickVoid posted:

Nth

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Great Joe posted:

I find this acceptably funky.

Great Joe posted:

I approve of Michonne getting switched in.

Runa fucked around with this message at 15:21 on May 21, 2015

Demonbait
Apr 14, 2014

Great Joe posted:

Voting for near ideal levels of funk.

THE LESBIATHAN
Jan 22, 2011

The name Daria was already taken.

Great Joe posted:

Keep doing this.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I do agree with swapping Evan Tyson for Michonne since black women have historically found it rather difficult to get a break in toku series.

Contrast this with the alien robot beaver who plays Takaharu in Ninninger, who does an almost acceptable job at passing as a human.

Fridurmus
Nov 2, 2009

:black101: Break a leg! :black101:

T.G. Xarbala posted:

I do agree with swapping Evan Tyson for Michonne since black women have historically found it rather difficult to get a break in toku series.

Contrast this with the alien robot beaver who plays Takaharu in Ninninger, who does an almost acceptable job at passing as a human.

:allears: This is why I love you, thread.

Also, while I won't comment on individual team compositions so far, I will remind you that A) Chroma Squad is, especially on Normal, not a hard game and B) Style is the most important stat of them all.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all
We need the useless pretty boy on the squad. Think of the fans, man.

Fridurmus
Nov 2, 2009

So just as an FYI, Monday is when I'll be tallying everything up and posting the next update. Be ready for it! Or don't, I'm not your mother.

Currently,

Great Joe posted:

Is winning, with

RickVoid posted:

As a close second.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
I still say Junie would look better in purple.

But what do I know, I don't live off of bread alone...

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Choco1980 posted:

I just like the idea of a pink robot, okay? :colbert:

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Choco1980 posted:

I think our biggest upcoming customization problem will be the character limit on the Team name. 20 Characters go by REAL fast.

I can't quite fit "Hanzo Sentai Steelman" in just 20 characters :japan: My brother's suggestion comes out to "Flashy Sentai Explod" (Obviously with "Flashy" J Blues as the leader) though considering how much I started laughing when it cut off there, the team name has grown on me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fridurmus
Nov 2, 2009

Voting is closed! We wound up with Joe's suggestion winning out, and shooting has just wrapped up on the first official episode of Funkadelic's adventures!

To help tide you over until the update is ready:

• Locked thread