Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
joke_explainer

:synpa:
a single silver bullet to the heart of the tv. thats a can of coors btw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alnilam

tada posted:

Buy it a forums account and it will eventually destroy itself

:choco: meltdown may is almost over

joke_explainer

alnilam posted:

:choco: meltdown may is almost over

we didn't actually have any meltdowns did we? other than gimmick enhydra, who was born in may and died in may.

GoodbyeTurtles

:suezo:

you have to undermine its confidence first

joke_explainer

A TV must hve all 7 of its horcruxes destroyed to really destroy it completely. Thankfully these are often bundled with the TV: The cord, the plug, the power supply, the screen, the bezel, the power button, and the stand.

peanut

Put it in the bedroom or summer cabin, give it to your parents, donate it to a hospital waiting room.

If CRT, throw a cinder block through the glass.

Who Dat

:neckbeard: :woop: :downsbravo: :slick:
well it is a samsung, so I would not be surprised if it had a horcrux. one time we watched Harry Potter on it and the lights flickered a few times. I didn't want to disclose too much but I think it might be possessed and is controlling my wife into convincing me we don't need to get rid of it.

this is like poltergeist but way worse :ohdear:

blinking beacon nose

birthday frog comes bearing gifts and special birthday wishes
exorcism

.. like, play The Exorcist on your TV

Admiral_eX_laX

Historically Inaccurate
Explain to your wife that it's haunted. She should understand, since nobody wants anything spooky in their house

ChairmanMeow

Fire up the grill everyone eats tonight!

for a monitor, but applies.
Then complain that receiver is broken and you can only get cat channel intermittently.

Cyber Dog

dont get rid of the tv

Cyber Dog

you know whats worse than a haunted TV? an ANGRY haunted tv

DeepQantas

Ah, to be a Hero... Keeping such company...

Qwerinty posted:

Put your computer near it and don't use the TV. Loudly exclaim how wonderful it is compared to a TV, how it can do everything it can, but better, and wonder aloud why you even need a TV. Nature will take it from there
*writes down in "foreplay ideas" notebook*

Yobgoblin

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

:3:

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

cat_herder

BE GAY
DO CRIME

joke_explainer posted:

stuff the tube full of garlic, bury it during a full moon. only way to make sure it won't come back.

even more important in light of new info

cat_herder

BE GAY
DO CRIME

actually, do it on the waning moon, more effective that way.

Barco Fiesta

a fantasy of olives
give the TV to someone less fortunate

Barco Fiesta

a fantasy of olives
lijke me. give me the TV please

Lastgirl

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
just leave it on one of those rainbow channel 24/7 and watch it burn into the tv screen

alnilam

Lastgirl posted:

just leave it on one of those rainbow channel 24/7 and watch it burn into the tv screen

hello welcome to buob, also nice suggestion

blinking beacon nose

birthday frog comes bearing gifts and special birthday wishes

alnilam posted:

hello welcome to buob, also nice suggestion

Who Dat

:neckbeard: :woop: :downsbravo: :slick:
guys great news I was honest with MY WIFE and told her that I couldn't accept the old TV as legitimate anymore and went and bought a fancy rear end Vizio 4k and she was strangely okay with all of it. oddly enough though we moved the old TV into our bedroom and sometimes I can hear whispering at night

joke_explainer

Who Dat posted:

guys great news I was honest with MY WIFE and told her that I couldn't accept the old TV as legitimate anymore and went and bought a fancy rear end Vizio 4k and she was strangely okay with all of it. oddly enough though we moved the old TV into our bedroom and sometimes I can hear whispering at night

honey I can't deal with looking at this awful old tv anymore. lets replace it. then put it in the bedroom so I can stare at it powered off, silently, sleeplessly, every night.

joke_explainer

honestly I'm glad this came to a good conclusion though. I was worried it was going to stay a cliffhanger forever

alnilam

another byob success story

ty manifisto

GoodbyeTurtles

:suezo:

you cant destroy a TV or the little people will get out..

The X-man cometh

alnilam posted:

another byob success story

Admiral_eX_laX

Historically Inaccurate

Who Dat posted:

great its haunted. you will have to call a priest.

Lastgirl

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

GoodbyeTurtles posted:

you cant destroy a TV or the little people will get out..

this. the actors are stuck inside inside u mite hurt them too

also im glad of it op

also ty animal guy :wave:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

Admiral_eX_laX posted:

great its haunted. you will have to call a priest.

gently caress that. A lot of people on Ebay will pay good money for a haunted TV

• Locked thread