Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
smoobles

the ending set up Jurassic 5 very nicely

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pomp

by Fluffdaddy
i havent' seen it but 1)why is chriss pratt the dinolord and 2)why are they making him play a seriousman role that doesn't play to his charm at all

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

dogdisaster

by Lowtax
chris pratt always seemed like a dumb lovable guy so i have a hard time taking him seriously, he dun been typecasted

----------------

Pomp

by Fluffdaddy
"I'm the raptor alpha" says chris pratt, except they want us to take it seriously

----------------

Looke

dino fistbump at the end was awesome and i think this is the most excited i've been for a movie in a long time, i had a beaming smile across my face during the whole movie

Qwerinty

by zen death robot
smoobles isn't kidding yall

----------------

mags

I am a congenital optimist.
the iRex sounds dumb

paul_soccer12 posted:

everyone in the idf must die

(USER WAS PERMABANNED FOR THIS POST)
Qwerinty

by zen death robot
it is. fun movie tho

----------------

Yobgoblin

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
There was a family with 2 small kids behind me and friends. It's dead quiet and a dino is sneaking around when a child yells: "Mommy, I went pee-pee" and everybody laughed. Good movie though.

----------------

joke_explainer

is it better than mad max?

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

Yobgoblin posted:

There was a family with 2 small kids behind me and friends. It's dead quiet and a dino is sneaking around when a child yells: "Mommy, I went pee-pee" and everybody laughed. Good movie though.

That was me :blush:

Savage For The Winjun

joke_explainer posted:

ridiculous

Wertjoe

joke_explainer posted:

No.

Jurassic World is entertaining but for all the worst reasons.

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

I still don't know why that raptor exploded

Wertjoe

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN posted:

What one? The one that gets thrown through the window at the end or the one who gets shot by a rocket. The rocket one was the highlight of the movie and I couldnt stop laughing.

Al Borland

by XyloJW

Wertjoe posted:

What one? The one that gets thrown through the window at the end or the one who gets shot by a rocket. The rocket one was the highlight of the movie and I couldnt stop laughing.

Why would you fire a rocket at a raptor?

----------------

fuck. marry. t-rex

Al Borland posted:

This guy never played turok...

pig slut lisa

irl is good

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN posted:

It landed on the Mongolian grill. It's going to be served with roti.

Wertjoe

Al Borland posted:

For pure comedy.

Chill la Chill

Don't lose your gay

Al Borland posted:

in the first movie the doc fires a shotgun into one at point blank and didn't kill it so rocket launcher is the next logical step

Apparently I'm #1 Kotori fan

thank you matoi and vanisher for the sigs, lovely dad for the cool av

ulvir

I loved it when the raptor lifted up his right leg, waved his giant claw and said "knife to meet you"

GODS NOT REAL

YOU STUPID BUNNIES
I thought it was loving brilliant from start to finish. It was amusing, tense, and so drat fun.

treasure bear

this highly critical poster demands nuance in dino movies

Looke

GODS NOT REAL posted:

I thought it was loving brilliant from start to finish. It was amusing, tense, and so drat fun.

joke_explainer

they should have held off on showing the dinosaurs while chris pratt leads the audience on a tour of a wounded bird sanctuary, and then eventually been like to the camera, 'oh? you're wondering where the dinosaurs are? well... they're all around us. these birds are the living descendants of dinosaurs.' and a falcon would land on his outstretched arm, 'donate today to your local bird sanctuary!'

joke_explainer

scenes left on the cutting room floor:

sly reference to the original movie where chris pratt struggles to find a place to put his car in the parking lot (originally movie was jurassic park)

a taxonomist is shushed for three minutes while trying to comment that it would more accurately be called the cretaceous park

scene where a raptor bites on his big claw while thinking as he hacks a computer to get around security measures

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

treasure bear

joke_explainer posted:

they should have held off on showing the dinosaurs while chris pratt leads the audience on a tour of a wounded bird sanctuary, and then eventually been like to the camera, 'oh? you're wondering where the dinosaurs are? well... they're all around us. these birds are the living descendants of dinosaurs.' and a falcon would land on his outstretched arm, 'donate today to your local bird sanctuary!'

• Locked thread