Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

ty slumfrog :)

keep punching joe posted:

Destroying evidence.

goddamn they are so nakedly evil what the gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
everyone in the idf must die

(USER WAS PERMABANNED FOR THIS POST)

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

keep punching joe posted:

Destroying evidence.

Organ harvesting. They have a huge skin bank and have a long history of ripping the organs out of Palestinians. Sometimes while still alive. :smith:

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Apologies if this is potato posting, but I've just been thinking about the cycle of declaring armed resistance as terrorists/freedom fighters/an actual army depending on whether the state they represent has international recognition, as it applies to my own family.

My grandfather (born 1898) fought in the Irish War of Independence. The British government of the time would have categorised him as a terrorist. He was reportedly a very good shot - accurate at 5 miles using iron sights. He presumably killed a good few British soldiers and British police officers in Ireland.
He also fought in the Irish Civil War, post Irish-independence, and was a highly regarded officer in the Irish Army up until the 1950s, when he retired.
Over the course of his life, he went from 'terrorist/rebel' to senior officer in the state army without any actual change in his primary perspective, which was the fight for Irish Statehood.

Ireland got Independence, so he got to switch from 'rebel/terrorist' to recognised soldier, but if Independence hadn't happened, he probably still be on the books as a criminal.
So as far as I can see, the only way a terrorist becomes a freedom fighter, and then a legitimate soldier, is to win the goddamn fight.

I only knew him as a very old man who liked to take me and my brother on walks and taught us to play chess and read books about prehistoric earth.
He was very kind :3:

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn
https://twitter.com/SpiritofLenin/status/1726359765624766847?s=20

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

reminded of the girl bawling her eyes out being placed into the gaza division while all the other recruits just laughed at her

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

Jel Shaker posted:

reminded of the girl bawling her eyes out being placed into the gaza division while all the other recruits just laughed at her

lol

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Jel Shaker posted:

It's like a nation made entirely of sociopaths, entirely incapable of empathy

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Pookah posted:

He was reportedly a very good shot - accurate at 5 miles using iron sights.

wghat lol

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~

Pookah posted:

He was reportedly a very good shot - accurate at 5 miles using iron sights.

lmao no he wasnt

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

lmfao

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

lol

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

grandpas love lying to their dumbass grandkids

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Pookah posted:

I only knew him as a very old man who liked to take me and my brother on walks and taught us to play chess and read books about prehistoric earth.
He was very kind :3:

your grandfather was skilled in the Irish tradition of Lying

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Jel Shaker posted:

I bet every single one of those people in the video are dead lmfao.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

my grandpa served in WW2 and he was actully the guy who killed Hitler but FDR called him and told him to say it was a suicide or he'd get too much pussy when he got back home

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

my grandpa served in WW2 and he was actully the guy who killed Hitler but FDR called him and told him to say it was a suicide or he'd get too much pussy when he got back home

My uncle works at Nintendo

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
my uncle successfully repelled an entire invasion by the us

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

its time for gay hitler

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

all they know is drink guiness, shillelagh, eat potato and lie

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

HallelujahLee posted:

its time for gay hitler

The best I can do is diet Hitler

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

lumpentroll posted:

Bastard Tetris
Apr 27, 2005

L-Shaped

Nap Ghost

lumpentroll posted:

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

lmao no he wasnt
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62ZJn0cTASo

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

wb lol

VROOM VROOM
Jun 8, 2005
I have a confession

I am Pookah's grandfather, I am 125 years old and still going strong, all the stories are true but I had to fake my death to get away from my dumb rear end failgrandson for not being cool enough

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

ikanreed posted:

It's like a nation made entirely of sociopaths, entirely incapable of empathy

This sounds like Israelis I've known.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
What's gun kata to an Irish guy born in the 1890s? Gun Kataugh?

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

the best part about old people lying is that they were fully aware of what they were doing and probably thought it was funny, so it's basically like they told a joke that took like 30 years for the punchline to land

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
in the canadian civil war my grandfather noscoped himself in the back of the head with a record 40,000 km shot. he was posthumously awarded the medal of truth

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Pookah posted:

Ireland got Independence, so he got to switch from 'rebel/terrorist' to recognised soldier, but if Independence hadn't happened, he probably still be on the books as a criminal.
So as far as I can see, the only way a terrorist becomes a freedom fighter, and then a legitimate soldier, is to win the goddamn fight.

It's because you guys got accepted as white. The Taliban is still considered terrorists.

paul_soccer12 posted:

kill israel
kill all zionists

see you in a month

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Welcome back.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

CheetoVonTito posted:

A new photo just popped up on my Twitter. And my heart just fell out of my rear end.

30-40 Palestinian men, naked, blindfolded, with their arms and legs bound. There are clear signs of torture, with significant bruises/ burns on them. While Israeli soldiers just aimlessly stand about.

I will never forget how they humiliated our grown men.

I need the Houthis to step it up and crash that ship into Israel at full throttle.

DTI
DTI
DTI

If it's the pic I'm thinking of then these are Palestinian day laborers rounded up and tortured. I know a few of them have been released and talked about the humiliation and torture done by Israeli soldiers.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
pretty funny that even with this ridiculous wording, the ceasefire is the preferred option for americans

VROOM VROOM
Jun 8, 2005
the correct option is almost but not quite on there, weird

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

:hai:

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
i miss ff

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

your grandfather was skilled in the Irish tradition of Lying

The 'reportedly' wasn't him telling us kids poo poo, it was contemporary news reports from the 1920s.
Why would a grandpa be telling tiny kids about violent poo poo they'd done 70 years earlier?
I don't want to get too detailed, but the man has a Wikipedia page detailing his actions at the time.

We've literally had the former Irish Minister for Justice call us on the phone to get info on what Grandad was up to.

We didn't tell him poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sherbert Hoover
Dec 12, 2019

Working hard, thank you!

Pookah posted:

The 'reportedly' wasn't him telling us kids poo poo, it was contemporary news reports from the 1920s.
Why would a grandpa be telling tiny kids about violent poo poo they'd done 70 years earlier?
I don't want to get too detailed, but the man has a Wikipedia page detailing his actions at the time.

We've literally had the former Irish Minister for Justice call us on the phone to get info on what Grandad was up to.

We didn't tell him poo poo.

dude lol