Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

it's six loving dollars. buy it and play it and if you get bored then stop loving playing it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
You don't go back in time in FFX did you even play it

A tomato
Aug 16, 2014

by Ralp
i clearly addressed the twist wherein it turns out your homeland, the future city Zanarkand, was actually all a dream.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

no one cares because no one read that

A tomato
Aug 16, 2014

by Ralp
the cool guy with the red jacket was from zanarkand too though... was he just a dream? he killedd stuff, very unlike a ghost, but now I feel like I remmber her dissolves into pyreflies... he was your dad's friend too. wtf? trippy.

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012

A tomato posted:

final fantasy six. the world is a world of technology. magic is gone. a magical fossil is found, which turns into a person (??). now, you are that person (??). you meet a thief, and a boxer, and a king; possibly, another king wants to kill that king, and he poisons the water. the civil war is mooted when Kefka destroys the world. you reunite the gang and defeat kefka. there is an opera; there is a ghost train; their is a tiny child named relm. there is a white water rafting trip. how do they fit together? I do not know.

A tomato posted:

final fantasy ten. the world is a world of technology, except that then you go back in time, to a world which is a world of magic. I actually remember this one pretty good. you meet a lady whose quest it is to kill an evil monster, who comes back every couple years to kill everyone, which is why there is no technology (but then why is there people??). anyway the monster is your dad, because the monster is the person who tried to kill it last time. the bad guy slaughters the village of wookies and then you find out that actually you didn't come from the future, but a dream. your gf defeats your dad but you die too. there's a sick makeout scene and a cool part where you fall in a gorge

A tomato posted:

I don;t have anything more than fever dream memories of final fantasy seven, but you're a super badass chemically engineer soldier, who meets some terrorists, and then leaves the city..... there's a beach town. later you find out you're not a cool soldier at all but actually a little punk soldier. sephiroth IS a cool soldier though? i remember a thing with piano music playing where I was supposed to learn the terrible truth, but I was twelve and didn't get it. the cat is a really good and the cat's town is great. there's a haunted house which is weird and you beat the game in a crater. in the last fight the graphics are REALLY good and I didn't get why the graphics weren't that good for the whole game

Sir, this is the Gold Saucer.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

A tomato posted:

the cool guy with the red jacket was from zanarkand too though... was he just a dream? he killedd stuff, very unlike a ghost, but now I feel like I remmber her dissolves into pyreflies... he was your dad's friend too. wtf? trippy.

just play ff8 dude its six dollars and its a lotof fun

A tomato
Aug 16, 2014

by Ralp
thanks for your advice everyone. i wound up buying sim city 4 and the first episode of "life is trange" instead of final fantasy viii, for approximately the same price. I think this choice is likely to bring me greater gaming satisfaction in the long run. thread closed

A tomato
Aug 16, 2014

by Ralp
how the... how tf do u close a thread

A tomato
Aug 16, 2014

by Ralp
this thread is temporarily reopened for the 36 hours in which final fantasy 8 is bac on sale. please continue to share your thoughts on whether i should or should not buy and play final fantasy eight

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012
Gas.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I'm streaming FFVIII and I randomly replaced some of the music files. Some magic happened at the end of disc 1. Spoilers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AL7AvVt-QMU

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

A tomato posted:

this thread is temporarily reopened for the 36 hours in which final fantasy 8 is bac on sale. please continue to share your thoughts on whether i should or should not buy and play final fantasy eight

Shut the gently caress up.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

A tomato posted:

STFU. Wipe your own rear end -________-

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Dec 26, 2012

A tomato posted:

gently caress off

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Shut the gently caress up.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I.N.R.I posted:

STFU. Wipe your own rear end -________-

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Heheh.. wonder if he's crying right now.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
He bought life is strange instead of ffviii....wtf

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

net cafe scandal posted:

Heheh.. wonder if he's crying right now.

i hope he kills himself haha! I'm a twisted badgame poster!

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

NickRoweFillea posted:

He bought life is strange instead of ffviii....wtf

he made... the right decision. :troll:

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
thanks for reopening the thread so you can ignore our advise abouit getting ffviii for a second time

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

PleasingFungus posted:

he made... the right decision. :troll:

:negative:

vug
Jan 23, 2015

by Cowcaster
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fV52DvjX9rA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A tomato
Aug 16, 2014

by Ralp

apropos to nothing posted:

thanks for reopening the thread so you can ignore our advise abouit getting ffviii for a second time

Sorry. I guess I stopped listening after In Training gave it a "pass." He seemed like he gave the most measured and thoughtful opinion of all the posters in this thread, and frankly, n-word aside, I found his case convincing.

Anyway, I didn't buy Final Fantasy VIII when it was six dollars. Now, at twelve dollars? No way. No thank you. Maybe... Maybe in the Steam winter sale.

• Locked thread