Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A tomato
Aug 16, 2014

by Ralp
hi guys. tomato here. been lurking this forum and it seems pretty good besides one guy who says the n-word too much. anyways i didn't know who else to turn to. do you think it's worth paying six dollars to buy the eighth final fantasy game?

i played the sixth final fantasy and the tenth final fantasy in like eighth grade and i thought they were very good, and, tbh, moving. i also played the seventh one and thought it was pretty good, but probably not as good as the other two? just one goons opinion. those are all of the final fantasies that I played.

anyway I remember that back in the day opinions were very divided about final fantasy eight. some people thought that it was really good, but some people thought it was really bad. maybe you guys can share your opinions and help influence my purchasing decision? thanks and sorry for the long op

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

*deep breath* NI

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
h

Mr.Fahrenheit
Dec 27, 2012

A tomato posted:

hi guys. tomato here. been lurking this forum and it seems pretty good besides one guy who says the n-word too much. anyways i didn't know who else to turn to. do you think it's worth paying six dollars to buy the eighth final fantasy game?

i played the sixth final fantasy and the tenth final fantasy in like eighth grade and i thought they were very good, and, tbh, moving. i also played the seventh one and thought it was pretty good, but probably not as good as the other two? just one goons opinion. those are all of the final fantasies that I played.

anyway I remember that back in the day opinions were very divided about final fantasy eight. some people thought that it was really good, but some people thought it was really bad. maybe you guys can share your opinions and help influence my purchasing decision? thanks and sorry for the long op

wtf its ff if you like ff buy it if you dont dont not need to backstab larry for saying n words

Mr.Fahrenheit
Dec 27, 2012
btw i didnt read your post beyond n-word

Mr.Fahrenheit fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Jun 17, 2015

Dec 26, 2012

its not expensive to find out for yourself op

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!
I didn't read your post, but it's good to make your own decisions in life.

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
the storyline is forgettable

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014

A tomato posted:

one guy who says the n-word too much

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

A tomato posted:

pretty good besides one guy who says the n-word too much

We don't judge people for openly discussing Nintendo here, op, and I think I speak for everyone in saying you can take your gaming bigotry elsewhere

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax

A tomato posted:

t seems pretty good besides one guy who says the n-word too much
He maked a mistake. Give him a break.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
only your heart knows the answer, op.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
what was the mans name

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

i played the sixth final fantasy a friend of the family! LMFAO!!!! NIGGGGGGGER!!!!!!!!! hahahaha nd the tenth final fantasy in like eighth grade and i thought they were very good, and, tbh, moving. i also played the seventh one and thought it was pretty good, but probably not as good as the other two? just one goons opinion. those are all of the final fantasies that I played.

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider
I will decide for you, OP:
No

Play some Burgertime

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ignore all the boring poo poo posts in this thread OP. Oh hai, it r babby's first troll time nao :iamafag: . No, just...No. Final Fantasy 8 is actually quite deece - it expands on the quality of the CGI cutscenes from FF7 and has a unique aesthetic. However, and this is just my personal opinion, the leveling system is inherently broken and not at all fun, and the script feels like it was written by 12 different people. Triple Triad is fun (probably the best FF mini game, and it's persistent across continents which is awesomesauce) and there's some A+ girls in the game. I would personally say it's a Soft 7, and a Pass from this gamer. friend of the family.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

Ignore all the boring poo poo posts in this thread OP. Oh hai, it r babby's first troll time nao :iamafag: . No, just...No. Final Fantasy 8 is actually quite deece - it expands on the quality of the CGI cutscenes from FF7 and has a unique aesthetic. However, and this is just my personal opinion, the leveling system is inherently broken and not at all fun, and the script feels like it was written by 12 different people. Triple Triad is fun (probably the best FF mini game, and it's persistent across continents which is awesomesauce) and there's some A+ girls in the game. I would personally say it's a Soft 7, and a Pass from this gamer. friend of the family.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
i didnt read any of the thread including the op but the answer is yes

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You
I'm going to say I did not like Final Fantasy 8 when it first came out but today I have no problem giving it a fair shake.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Alternatively, purchase the eight and I can guarantee you will have an epic time just my two tokens :)

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Gimbal lock posted:

I will decide for you, OP:
No

Play some Burgertime

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-FcPb2kclU

Dec 26, 2012

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

A Tomato, you should skip Final Fantasy 8 and play Final Fantasy 9 instead, and also you should reconsider your opinion of Wolf Parade's "Apologies To The Queen Mary," which I think you're underrating because of how it differs from the sound on their EPs, but if you take it on its own it's really quite good and is full of excellent new material even if it doesn't live up to the EP versions of Grounds For Divorce or Sons And Daughters of Hungry Ghosts.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

FactsAreUseless posted:

A Tomato, you should skip Final Fantasy 8 and play Final Fantasy 9 instead, and also you should reconsider your opinion of Wolf Parade's "Apologies To The Queen Mary," which I think you're underrating because of how it differs from the sound on their EPs, but if you take it on its own it's really quite good and is full of excellent new material even if it doesn't live up to the EP versions of Grounds For Divorce or Sons And Daughters of Hungry Ghosts.

final fantasy 9 is the best one.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

rediscover posted:

final fantasy 9 is the best one.
Yeah.

TacoTime
Jun 16, 2015

yeah.
lets rank final fantasies, ill go first

number one is final fantasy eleven

the rest are number two, including final fantasy eight.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

If you're ranking FF games, you can't include the MMOs , everybody knows that. Dumbass

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

hes really cool and worth 100 of most of the people in Games

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

You should do it and have fun OP

TacoTime
Jun 16, 2015

yeah.

If you're ranking FF games, you can't include the MMOs , everybody knows that. Dumbass

please rank the mmo and not numbered ff games together in one pile, please

starbarry clock
Apr 23, 2012

king of teh portal
i hadnt seen such a retarded magic system since paladin's quest gl op

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

TacoTime posted:

please rank the mmo and not numbered ff games together in one pile, please

I've made that post in FYAD somewhere and I'm afraid if try to rank them again it will be different and someone will own me about it

starbarry clock
Apr 23, 2012

king of teh portal

I've made that post in FYAD somewhere and I'm afraid if try to rank them again it will be different and someone will own me about it
tastes change go ahead...... lol

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
6, 8,9,7,12,4,1,3,13,2

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
5 goes after 1

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

2 goes after 1. Idiot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

5 goes after 1 eventually, but there are three numbers in between: 2, 3, and 4.

• Locked thread