Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Niggerstomper58 posted:

One of the characters — Sunny, a little girl who dresses inexplicably in Harajuku fashion, in what might be a conscientious shout-out to the closeted pedophiles lurking in the Japanese shadows (conscientious because if these people had to go twenty hours without seeing a simulated little girl, they’d have to rape a real one) — tries her best to cook eggs for Snake and Otacon. She asks Snake, “Would you like some eggs?” And he says “Uhhh . . . no thanks”. She makes him eggs anyway. She brings the eggs downstairs and sets them in front of Snake. She takes a cigarette from his fingers just before he can put it in his lips. “No smoking in the plane!” she says. She goes back up into the kitchen. Snake looks at the eggs. “Otacon, can’t you teach her how to fry an egg?” Otacon shrugs. “Do I look like someone who knows how to fry an egg?”

Are you loving serious? Neither Snake nor Otacon nor this little girl knows how to fry an egg? The only person who does know how to fry eggs is the genome-expert science-genius female? You’d think that the one person who would not know how to fry an egg would be the determined, professional, full-grown woman. Otacon is a lonely bachelor, and Snake — for gently caress’s sake — is a trained US Ranger, the most elite force in the goddamned world, called “Snake Eaters” because they’re capable of eating raw snakes if they have to. You figure, if Snake couldn’t make eggs for himself, he’d at least be able to stomach disgusting ones. More than this, what’s so disgusting about the eggs? Are they too runny? Are they burnt? Rocky, in the movie “Rocky”, drinks raw eggs for breakfast, so Snake should be able to handle runny eggs. And burnt ones? See the “Snake Eater” comment. Do they need salt? We realize that Sunny is a girl with a troubled past, a dead mother, and many rape innuendos, though how painful would it be, really, to explain to this girl — a computer genius, by the way — that some people like their eggs cooked differently than other people, that there exist a myriad of possible ways to cook eggs? The girl can likely multiply seventeen-digit numbers in her head with a snap of her fingers — she’d probably be open to the permutations of egg-cookery.

It’s apparent, here, that Hideo Kojima can cook eggs by himself. He’s probably been able to prepare eggs delicious enough for his own standards for several decades. He’s probably never given any thought to whether or not he ever found egg-cooking to be difficult. Chances are, he arrived at the blank pages preemptively marked “Mission Briefing Script” in need of a metaphor, and just plucked one out of thin air: “Lots of people probably find it hard to fry eggs!” It almost looks, at a point, like the egg metaphor had been constructed out of a hare-brained assumption that Kojima himself was a genius for being able to fry eggs so well without instruction. It’s conceivable, in the shadow of the moment, that Kojima saw himself as stepping down from a pedestal, getting real with his audience, and sympathizing with their inability to cook eggs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
Kojima saw himself as stepping down from a pedestal, getting real with his audience, and sympathizing with their inability to cook eggs.

lmfao

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The first question out of my mouth after finishing MGS4 was definitely "does Kojima think I'm retarded because I know how to cook an egg"

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

In Training posted:

2, really? That's the most forgettable act to me, only parts that stick out are following footprints and the scene where Vamp and Raiden fight

i dunno,i feel like i dont have many complaints about it compared to others and i like sneaking in that chapter more than the others

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

elf help book posted:

Kojima saw himself as stepping down from a pedestal, getting real with his audience, and sympathizing with their inability to cook eggs.

lmfao

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book posted:

lmfao

He's an insane person and there's lot of really funny poo poo like this buried away in all of his reviews. I know because I would read all 40,000 words of them while not paying attention to class

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

i like the octopus bossfight too

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

SM64Guy posted:

i dunno,i feel like i dont have many complaints about it compared to others and i like sneaking in that chapter more than the others

there's a really cool section with a road at one end and tiers of flat planes up a small mountain that was fun to try to zig zag up without being seen

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
i love tim rogers

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

SM64Guy posted:

i like the octopus bossfight too

its the best one after the arctic wolf, its so scary

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009
I watched daytime talk television today and got flashbacks to the live action sections at the beginning of MGS4

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In game development, he is a co-founder of Action Button Entertainment, where he designed games including Ziggurat and Videoball. The four-person studio specializes in simple aesthetics and controls, following from Rogers's own video game aesthetic and minimalist eSports interests. He compared the studio's design philosophy to the spartan menu selections of Gordon Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

HORMELCHILI posted:

its the best one after the arctic wolf, its so scary

ya crying wolf is my fav boss fight in 4. my least favorite was screaming mantis. i recall it beint really tedious and frustrating, but i may be misrememberign it

Dec 26, 2012

lol

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

In Training posted:

He's an insane person and there's lot of really funny poo poo like this buried away in all of his reviews. I know because I would read all 40,000 words of them while not paying attention to class

elf help book posted:

i love tim rogers

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

rediscover posted:

ya crying wolf is my fav boss fight in 4. my least favorite was screaming mantis. i recall it beint really tedious and frustrating, but i may be misrememberign it

it really freaked me out when they did the zombie thing after you won

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

rediscover posted:

iirc the fight is lame because there's no real gimmick, I think you just shoot the dolls until you win? I could be forgetting. MGS4 is like an inverse MGS where all the levels are fantastic and there's a lot of weak or samey boss designs

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

In Training posted:

iirc the fight is lame because there's no real gimmick, I think you just shoot the dolls until you win? I could be forgetting. MGS4 is like an inverse MGS where all the levels are fantastic and there's a lot of weak or samey boss designs

The dolls do different stuff, first is the Sorrow doll which reanimates the bodies of the soldiers in the room until you kill it, and then the Psycho Mantis doll which does psycho mantis stuff to you

Its cool and fun

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
If you take a pic of them you get a trophy... ball3r

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
I liked the boss fight when one half of the screen was entirely devoted to raiden doing cool fight moves because I like to think it was the basis of Revengeance

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It is ready

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

In Training posted:

It is ready

Is it funny?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Most of that are links to images and videos

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

In Training posted:

It is ready

Hell to the gently caress yes

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS