Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

It has Metal Gear Solid 2, Metal Gear Solid 3, and Peace Walker. Is there anything special I should know before climbing this mountain?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Did you play them before?

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Here's something special: They're all excellent games.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Black Baby Goku posted:

He hasn't because he's a goddamn noob.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Also if you haven't played MGS1 you should before playing the others. It's a little dated but still holds up well

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Black Baby Goku posted:

No, that's why I bought it. I couldn't afford the Legacy Collection, but at least this way I can play MGS3.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Pablo Gigante posted:

Also if you haven't played MGS1 you should before playing the others. It's a little dated but still holds up well
Is it on the PSN store? I only have a PS3.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

FactsAreUseless posted:

No, that's why I bought it. I couldn't afford the Legacy Collection, but at least this way I can play MGS3.

Enjoy the greatest experience in gaming, and bask in all the jokes and memes you will now understand.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

FactsAreUseless posted:

Is it on the PSN store? I only have a PS3.

Yes. Play that first

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

i could never get rid of my ps3 because it has every mgs on it and dragon's dogma

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

SM64Guy posted:

i could never get rid of my ps3 because it has every mgs on it and dragon's dogma

The PS3 rules

I've been playing dragons crown on it lately.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
OP please play them in release order not timeline order

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Black Baby Goku posted:

Yes. Play that first
Bought it. It's downloading while I play Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

FactsAreUseless posted:

Bought it. It's downloading while I play Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker.

Dude you are so lucky because I wish I could go back and experience it for the first time again

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Black Baby Goku posted:

Dude you are so lucky because I wish I could go back and experience it for the first time again
I watched my girlfriend play through Chrono Trigger for exactly that reason.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

FactsAreUseless posted:

I watched my girlfriend play through Chrono Trigger for exactly that reason.

His name?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Cloud.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
Heck
Im going to buy it too, for peace walker on my playstation

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I am bad at Metal Gear Solid. I feel like there are mechanics I'm missing or something, it's kind of kicking my rear end.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I was right: I wasn't aware of the option to choke enemies or break their necks. This makes a huge difference.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
I've never played MGS or chrono trigger.... The feels frog meme

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Play 1, then 2, then 3, then PW

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

There's an upcoming Month of MGS July Simul play by Imp Zone heavyweight YSG that it would of been polite to wait for.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

net cafe scandal posted:

Play 1, then 2, then 3, then PW
Then Ground Zeroes then upcoming GOTY The Phantom Pain

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

net cafe scandal posted:

There's an upcoming Month of MGS July Simul play by Imp Zone heavyweight YSG that it would of been polite to wait for.
I'll finish Captain Toad and Mario 3-D World and then I will be ready for the Simultaneous Play.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

FactsAreUseless posted:

I am bad at Metal Gear Solid. I feel like there are mechanics I'm missing or something, it's kind of kicking my rear end.

try not being seen.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

net cafe scandal posted:

i don't give a gently caress bitch!

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

zen death robot posted:

http://amzn.com/B00KTZELMY

The Legacy Collection with MGS4 and MGS1 is only $30 on Amazon

this has evry game?

but heck... i already own every game except the psp ones..

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

zen death robot posted:

http://amzn.com/B00KTZELMY

The Legacy Collection with MGS4 and MGS1 is only $30 on Amazon
Whoops. Oh well.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

THE PENETRATOR posted:

this has evry game?

but heck... i already own every game except the psp ones..

You don't own enough of every game.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
Does MGS3 on PS3 have online?? it did not, on my PS2, unless I just couldn't figure out how to get there. ape escape mode was epic though

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

THE PENETRATOR posted:

Does MGS3 on PS3 have online?? it did not, on my PS2, unless I just couldn't figure out how to get there. ape escape mode was epic though
No they shut down MGS Online a long time ago and they didn't even bother porting it to the HD version. I don't think it has Ape Escape mode either

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
what the f*ck.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
> when they shut down MGO in MGS4 after a month

I think microtransactions in MGS5 are for the best, if it convinces Konami to not turn the online off after a week...

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

THE PENETRATOR posted:

> when they shut down MGO in MGS4 after a month

I think microtransactions in MGS5 are for the best, if it convinces Konami to not turn the online off after a week...

why did they do that.. wtf

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

zen death robot posted:

On February 14, 2012, Konami announced via their website and in-game client that all Metal Gear Online services will be, and has been terminated on the June 12, 2012.[25] The announcement detailed cancellations of various services up to June 12 including the closure of the online store and that all expansion packs will be free of charge from April 24, 2012 onward. The game servers originally had a contract for three years, however the service was extended an additional year before termination, for a total of four years of service. As of the 2.00 patch issued on June 8, 2012, the Metal Gear Online game data and menu option was permanently removed from the game.

was there just like not enough ppl playing it or somethig. thats gay as hell, i never got to play any of the metal gear online versions

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Too bad the way you slow crawl in mgs4 made for next level t-bagging

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

rediscover posted:

was there just like not enough ppl playing it or somethig. thats gay as hell, i never got to play any of the metal gear online versions

donmt think theres any danger of that this time. :-)

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I.N.R.I posted:

donmt think theres any danger of that this time. :-)

it's going to be extremely win

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

I beat MGS4 earlier this year, im playing Snake Eater right now cause I never beat it personally, and afterwards im gonna play peace walker for the first time and beat 2 after that and then the new one will be out.

• Locked thread