Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

Can confirm, game good. Strikes a good balance in difficulty and the curve picks up fast enough to take you by surprise a bit. The collectables are hidden deviously enough that you'll miss at least a few on average per level unless you're really scouring for them. The yarn theme is also used to great effect both visually and mechanically, and it lets the game do things that wouldn't work otherwise while also being incredibly intuitive. It's a far better sequel to Yoshi's island than any of the actual sequels, and cuter to boot. Good Feel's really living up to its name.

On a side note, this is maybe the most adorable game I've ever played. Yarn Yoshi makes Sackboy look like a third-rate chump and I really want one of those knit amiibos now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

Little big planet was garbage

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

Little big planet was garbage

I meant in terms of cute yarn-based mascot value, but yeah that too.

redwalrus
Jul 27, 2013

:stoke:
This game is adorable, relaxing and fun. Nintendo is the best. :argh: these invisible clouds, though. Never knowing where that collectible was I missed.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

So is there a reward for getting 20 hearts in a level? I know the wool bundles get you new yoshi's, the flowers get extra stages, and the stamp gems get you stamps, but I don't know about the hearts. I can't find anything about it online either.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

redwalrus posted:

This game is adorable, relaxing and fun. Nintendo is the best. :argh: these invisible clouds, though. Never knowing where that collectible was I missed.

Don't be a fool like me and hoard your beads once you unlock the "reveal hidden clouds" badge. You collect so many that you can pretty much use that badge every level and still make a profit. It makes things way less frustrating.

redwalrus
Jul 27, 2013

:stoke:

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Don't be a fool like me and hoard your beads once you unlock the "reveal hidden clouds" badge. You collect so many that you can pretty much use that badge every level and still make a profit. It makes things way less frustrating.

nice, I haven't gotten that one yet but yea, I'll use it, thanks! lol.

edit: :stwoon: I just turned into a MotoYoshi and built a Yoshimelon.

redwalrus fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Oct 18, 2015

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
The miiverse is a beautiful thing.

oopsie rock
Oct 12, 2012

Leofish posted:

The miiverse is a beautiful thing.

I was playing a level with a Miiverse post that was basically like "Where's the 4th yarn? Love, [name]", and one of the other posts was "[name], look [in this part of the leve]!"

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The Miiverse is beautiful.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I hope all the people using stamps to make it look like Yoshi's rear end is getting eaten out by a variety of Shy Guys, Piranha Plants and Lakitus take some time off to reflect on the horrible person that they've become.

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost
Got a "yoshi goes to Baltimore" miiverse post when loading up the jungle level. Wish it were easier to report them, they're harshing my laid back yarn game vibes.

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT
I can't figure out how to draw a picture for a level :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT
It's a good one!!!

• Locked thread