Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
The best part is that whenever the Mexican government cries about the US's immigration policies being tightened, they're huge hypocrites since they literally shoot illegal immigrants at THEIR southern border.

:page3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

TheImmigrant posted:

Emigration is an excellent social safety valve in Mexico, and the government knows it. Over 10% of Mexico's population lives in the US, most of them poor and undocumented, but also most of them earning enough to send remittances to Mexico. The government has absolutely no interest in stanching emigration.

on the other hand most of those people have emigrated due to free trade policies that benefit american producers (and hurt american workers as a good chunk of their industrial base goes south of the border) so in that sense turmp is right in blaming NAFTA but wrong in atributing it to the mexican goverment and not other rich shitheads such as himself

-Troika- posted:

The best part is that whenever the Mexican government cries about the US's immigration policies being tightened, they're huge hypocrites since they literally shoot illegal immigrants at THEIR southern border.

yea we treat them even worse here lol thats my point tho our goverment is a bunch of corrupt plutocrats out to enrich themselves as much as possible before they leave office. our current president, 2 years into 6 year presidency, is already a useless laughingstock both internally and internationally, despite spending millions to promote his image as mexicos savior. the idea that they are also cunning devils outfoxing the us at every turns is laughable

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

babypolis posted:

yea we treat them even worse here lol thats my point tho our goverment is a bunch of corrupt plutocrats out to enrich themselves as much as possible before they leave office. our current president, 2 years into 6 year presidency, is already a useless laughingstock both internally and internationally, despite spending millions to promote his image as mexicos savior. the idea that they are also cunning devils outfoxing the us at every turns is laughable

has anyone important seen the inside of a jail cell over Ayotzinapa yet?

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme
Nuclear fire will cleanse this earth

Trump2016 to forever

TheImmigrant
Jan 18, 2011

-Troika- posted:

Literally, no. (I'd pay good money for an autoban of all Goons who persist in using 'literally' incorrectly.) Mexico does treat undocumented migrants as criminals (immigration law is almost entirely administrative in the US - it is not a crime to be present in the US without a valid visa, or to work without authorization), but there is no shoot-on-sight policy in Mexico.

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

He looked extremely presidential in that grandpa hat. I assume he had the matching black socks with sandals, right?

Dahn
Sep 4, 2004

babypolis posted:

on the other hand most of those people have emigrated due to free trade policies that benefit american producers (and hurt american workers as a good chunk of their industrial base goes south of the border) so in that sense turmp is right in blaming NAFTA but wrong in atributing it to the mexican goverment and not other rich shitheads such as himself

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rkgx1C_S6ls

Broccoli Cat
Mar 8, 2013

"so, am I right in understanding that you're a bigot or aficionado of racist humor?

STAR CITIZEN is for WHITES ONLY!

:lesnick:

-Troika- posted:

hey man, let's not derail this thread with the fact that Mexico's actual immigration policy is, "Let's keep people out by being a giant sweltering ghetto."

the point here is we gotta make America GREAT again

takin charge, fixin' things, bootstraps, kickin rear end, work ethic, etc.

The only issue that touches every other issue is the economy, so we need Trump to do like he did with the ice skating rink in central park

MAKE IT GREAT.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Broccoli Cat
Mar 8, 2013

"so, am I right in understanding that you're a bigot or aficionado of racist humor?

STAR CITIZEN is for WHITES ONLY!

:lesnick:

TheImmigrant posted:

Trump will be forgotten once the GOP field narrows down. Remember Herman Cain?

the field has now narrowed down to Trump, so it seems like he has completed step 1 in his plan to make America great.

My problem with it is that "America" includes shitholes like, well, everything South of the United States

I proffer that it is impossible to make America great, because America includes places like Paraguay and Guatemala, so it's likely that Trump is talking about the place people refer to when they say "I hate America", which means the U-S of A.

I'm hoping he changes the trope to "Make the USA even more great" or "Make the USA even MORE great!" -with emphasis and an exclamation point.

I'm guessing you goons agree, so I won't even ask if you do.

VIVA TRUMP, guys!

• Locked thread