Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will win the debate?
Donald Trump
Jeb Bush
Scott Walker
Mike Huckabee
Ben Carson
Ted Cruz
Marco Rubio
Rand Paul
Chris Christie
John Kasich
View Results

• Locked thread
Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Iowa Snow King posted:

In all the excitement last night I forgot that Ted Cruz pledged to move the US embassy to Jerusalem, presumably to hasten the End Times

This is a common promise in the GOP primary. George W. Bush actually promised to do it as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

alpha_destroy posted:

Holy poo poo, I forgot that too. The gently caress was that about?

Moving the embassy to Jerusalem legitimizes Israel's annexation, which even the United States has refused to recognize up to this point. It may also bring about the Apocalypse of Revelations for cool points.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Absurd Alhazred posted:

He's also never going to do this, because on the off chance the American people choose a wet fart to waft over the Oval Office, he will be immediately inundated with State and Defense Department personnel telling him what a stupid, stupid idea that is, and he'll be forced to back down, much like every President before him.

I'm sure the liberal media will call out President Ted Cruz for this forgotten promise.

Skeevy Mcgee
Feb 17, 2007

JayhawkCSC posted:

All I got...

Mike Huckabee 2016: Kill People, Break Things

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth

rear end cobra posted:

C-SPAN has callers: http://www.c-span.org/video/?327456-2/washington-journal-news-headlines-viewer-calls

A lot of old people talking about Demmycrets it's pretty lol

"Fox News can no longer claim to be fair and balanced after last night's assault on Donald Trump"

C-SPAN callers are just the best

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Huckabee 2016: gently caress this heterosexual earth, but only after marriage.

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥

chitoryu12 posted:

Better than answering a question with "You know why the current president isn't good at what you asked about?" or opening with "Actually let's talk about the last question you asked instead."

I was being serious. It was a bold answer and hearing it get applause at a Republican convention made me feel a little bit better about living on this planet.

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

So I've kind of always wondered how people like Sylvio Berlusconi get into and stay in office. I think this election season has given me more insight.

Top Bunk Wanker
Jan 31, 2005

Top Trump Anger

chitoryu12 posted:

Trump was the only guy who seemed sincere at all, purely because he openly admitted to not preparing for the debate and has literally no filter whatsoever. He's about as awful as everyone else on the floor that night (or potentially worse), but he's the kind of guy who will only lie when he's in the process of screwing you over and then blatantly admits to it after he's gotten what he wanted and taunts you to do something about it. Like when confronted about bankruptcy and taking advantage of business laws in the debate, his response was "Yeah, I took advantage of it! Everyone else does too! Also bankruptcy doesn't count as a failure if it's only one of your businesses and not you personally."

It's pretty cool to me that Trump is the only candidate I've ever seen say "yeah, I hosed over a bunch of banks for billions of dollars, you wanna fight about it?", the wet dream of like 95% of D&D's active posters, and they just go on repeating hilarious Gawker catchphrases at each other.

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine

Top Bunk Wanker posted:

It's pretty cool to me that Trump is the only candidate I've ever seen say "yeah, I hosed over a bunch of banks for billions of dollars, you wanna fight about it?", the wet dream of like 95% of D&D's active posters, and they just go on repeating hilarious Gawker catchphrases at each other.

Don't forget that Trump is much more liberal than every republican candidate up there, especially on social issues, used to be a democrat, and even supported a single payer system one time and still talks about doing something for people who can't afford it, and doesn't want to cut social security and medicare unlike every other candidate, against Iraq, and yet goons still think he's to the right of Ted loving Cruz.

Morroque
Mar 6, 2013

Immortan posted:

Don't forget that Trump is much more liberal than every republican candidate up there, especially on social issues, used to be a democrat, and even supported a single payer system one time and still talks about doing something for people who can't afford it, and doesn't want to cut social security and medicare unlike every other candidate, against Iraq, and yet goons still think he's to the right of Ted loving Cruz.

We don't think he's to the right of Cruz. The Republican Base does.

That's what is so confusing about this.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Morroque posted:

I think its confusing that he is so obviously a lovely and unqualified candidate and yet somehow he is the most qualified republican candidate.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
Is anyone else bummed that Trump didn't wear a pink tie to the debate?

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Leathal posted:

Don't know what you kids call them nowadays, but everyone called them xanax bars or xanny bars in the Philly area circa 98-03.

I really hope Kasich gets a bump in the polls after last night. For all the bullshit pandering of "Jesus Christ's blood saved me now kill the poors and waterboard our enemies" up there, Kasich was the only one who dared espouse a Christian policy of taking care of the least well-off. Trump did too I suppose, but his motivations are...different.

I all them xax-b's after the fried chicken place

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Remember when Megyn Kelly took him to the woodshed about being lovely toward women and he was just like "BAH gently caress THE PC NAZIS" and the crowd cheered despite booing his rear end like one minute earlier because he wouldn't pledge not to run as an indy if he lost the nomination?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Salt Fish posted:

I think its confusing that he is so obviously a lovely and unqualified candidate and yet somehow he is the most qualified republican candidate.

The republican base seems to think the same thing about the dems going by that joke that got the applause

My favorite moment was when Trump talked about defrauding the government and banks of huge sums of money and followed up his ramblings with "...and thats why you need me to solve the debt crisis :wink:"

Diqnol has issued a correction as of 04:54 on Aug 8, 2015

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

The republican base seems to think the same thing about the dems going by that joke that got the applause

My favorite moment was when Trump talked about defrauding the government and banks of huge sums of money and followed up his ramblings with "...and thats why you need me to solve the debt crisis :wink:"

Lets be fair though; using bankruptcy laws for their exact intended purpose isn't exactly "defrauding" the government.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Okay, sure, that was hyperbolic of me, but the dude used an example of when he abused the financial system (imo) and failed to keep his business afloat to jump off of and say that he can fix our debt. That's ludicrous.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Worked for Iceland, but they hosed bankers really drat hard in the process and they turned out OK after eating only a small bowl of poo poo.

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine

Trump be punkin' Paul's rear end without saying nothin :boom:

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Octatonic posted:

So I've kind of always wondered how people like Sylvio Berlusconi get into and stay in office. I think this election season has given me more insight.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4adsftWSfW8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0M2e-td-_c

this is why we vote for trump

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Morroque posted:

its actually the greatest thing

Hilario Baldness
Feb 10, 2005

:buddy:

Grimey Drawer

Immortan posted:

Want that elevator to break and then someone to get dysentery.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Immortan posted:

Trump farted, knows it, gives no fucks.

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Trump farted, knows it, gives no fucks.

Walker enjoying the familiar smell of his own policies

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Immortan posted:

Walker utterly amazed by elevator

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

FAUXTON posted:

Remember when Megyn Kelly took him to the woodshed about being lovely toward women and he was just like "BAH gently caress THE PC NAZIS" and the crowd cheered despite booing his rear end like one minute earlier because he wouldn't pledge not to run as an indy if he lost the nomination?

Sports team mentality; Republicans vote for who they want- none of this "strategic voting" or "electability" bullshit. It may annoy straight-ticket Republican voters that he's threatening third-party, but it's completely secondary to their opinion of Trump's character. And what they want is a racist, sexist (I'd use dog-whistle terms, but I'm just too tired), self-confident, :airquote: "self-made" leader; rich enough to ignore the lobbyists and cronyism that has so obviously ruined and expanded government to the tax-hoovering, spendthrift debt-monster it is today. Trump doesn't backpedal like Jeb! or "punt" on hot-button questions like Walker. There's no indecision; he's pure double down. And if he goes too far like he did on Twitter a few times? He takes care of it, quietly. No retraction or apology; it just disappears. Republicans can smell fear (bi-partisanship and empathy for poors smells similar to them). They want leaders, not chicken-shits.

Mister Facetious has issued a correction as of 07:25 on Aug 8, 2015

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

I actually got that from the novelization of Star Wars Episode III--it's what the Emperor gets the Galactic Senate chanting as he dissolves the Republic and turns it into the Empire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gheist
Oct 15, 2016

by WE B Boo-ourgeois

• Locked thread