Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
Bills tailgates sound like fun in the most terrible ways.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

dethkon posted:

I'm a good Dolphins fan, but nobody else is. I know this because their last playoff appearance was blacked-out for me in Naples, about 100 miles away, due to lack of attendance. I mean it was several years ago now, but that has pissed me off ever since. Who can't fill up their own stadium for a loving playoff game? The Fins, apparently.

I grew up in South Flordia (east coast) and I think I meant more native Floridians who were fans of some other random team instead. My first year as an undergrad I had three roommates and one (from Boca) was a dolphins fan while the other two (from Ft. Lauderdale or some poo poo, I forget) were fans of the cowboys and the raiders.

I believe in rooting for the home team and I have limited respect for someone who just chooses their team *spits* *goes 5-11*

curiosity fucked me up
Oct 7, 2014

Did anyone else read this as "Kiko Alonso traded for blowjob"?

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

"A friend sent me this from a Cincinnati Bengals NFL game. "Who Dey" is the Bengals chant if anyone is wondering."

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

I rest my case :colbert:

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

Nice of them to put up that sign for the Badgers fans.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

My elementary school had "through these doors pass the greatest students in the world" over the doors and we were all abject morons

SOME PIG
Aug 12, 2004

Hittin' Switches,
Twistin' wigs with
Phat Radical Mathematical type Scriptures

Mulaney Power Move posted:

I grew up in South Flordia (east coast) and I think I meant more native Floridians who were fans of some other random team instead. My first year as an undergrad I had three roommates and one (from Boca) was a dolphins fan while the other two (from Ft. Lauderdale or some poo poo, I forget) were fans of the cowboys and the raiders.

I believe in rooting for the home team and I have limited respect for someone who just chooses their team *spits* *goes 5-11*

Likewise. I suppose it's also because a lot of native Floridians may have family from up North or the mid-west. That's why I like the Browns for example, both of my folks are from Cleveland. But every once in a while when the Fins and Browns play, I'm rooting for the Fins 100%, because gently caress that. Who wants their favorite team to be halfway across the country?

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

MindlessHavok posted:

Has a Jaguar fan ever given himself alcohol poisoning by butt-chugging? I dont think so. :colbert:
No, but I'm pretty sure at least one has by drinking too much fireball and rose wine

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.
One of the best parts of being a Jaguars fan is that every time I go to a bar to watch the game (which is often because I don't live there anymore and their games are never nationally televised) I always get a ton of free drinks because people are so amazed that I actually exist.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

ManMythLegend posted:

One of the best parts of being a Jaguars fan is that every time I go to a bar to watch the game (which is often because I don't live there anymore and their games are never nationally televised) I always get a ton of free drinks because people are so amazed that I actually exist.

They just feel sorry for you.

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.

Regnevelc posted:

They just feel sorry for you.

That too. :smith:

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

I'm an Arizona fan, I get it. I once had a guy in New Orleans buy me shot after shot because we were watching Arizona get waxed by someone.

It was that he felt sorry for me or he wanted in my pants.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
I always believe in rooting for the home team. So much so, that I'd prefer to not go Browns away games ever and if I was ever going to a random teams game, I'd almost certainly root for the home team regardless.

Even being a Browns fan, I feel like I'd root for the Steelers if I went to Heinz for some reason and they weren't playing the Browns. I'd just get swept up in the excitement of the crowd.

ManMythLegend posted:

I feel bad because the other day there was a little crew of Jags fans in BW3 and I said something along the line of "I feel lucky to be meeting almost the entire Jags fanbase".

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

wilderthanmild posted:

I feel bad because the other day there was a little crew of Jags fans in BW3 and I said something along the line of "I feel lucky to be meeting almost the entire Jags fanbase".

That and the 5 of us in here.

See, we keep it exclusive. That's how you keep the quality up, you have to keep out the riff-raff. Don't think we haven't noticed all of you making a good effort though! Ha ha, you scamps.

unl33t
Feb 21, 2004

ManMythLegend posted:

Just trying to live up to your forum name, I reckon.

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

Regnevelc posted:

I'm an Arizona fan, I get it. I once had a guy in New Orleans buy me shot after shot because we were watching Arizona get waxed by someone.

It was that he felt sorry for me or he wanted in my pants.

Why not both, emotionally distressed people are easy pickings for chicken hawks

Glass of Milk
Dec 22, 2004
to forgive is divine
Chargers fans are one of two things:

1. Old-rear end white guys who probably think there are too many blacks on the team these days.

2. A bald dude wearing shorts to his ankles and socks pulled up to his waist wearing a LT jersey. He has had at least 6 Coors lights, no matter what time of the day it is.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

Holy gently caress the Bills acknowledgment on twitter killed it lmao

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

The Browns have had horrible things just happen to them for no clear reason. The Lions have just sucked. The history of the Browns is full of cosmically unfair moments that are beyond explanation. The Lions are pretty easy to explain. Also, the entire city of Cleveland is shrouded in misery, while Detroit at least has the Red Wings. Anyhoozle, that's why I think Lions fans are angrier than Browns fans.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Yeah, has to be a fanbase that's really win-insensitive and always puts on a good atmosphere. Bills or Chiefs, I'd say.

It's going to be great when Brady/Belichick retire and Foxboro becomes an empty wasteland on Sundays

\/\/\/yeah fair

shirts and skins fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Sep 24, 2015

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

MechaFrogzilla posted:

It's going to be great when Brady/Belichick retire and Foxboro becomes an empty wasteland on Sundays

So the same?

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

Beware the Forest's Mushrooms

Febreeze posted:

Pats fans are the worst.

This man speaks the truth.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Steelers fans because it makes you feel like a working man even if you are working a white collar job. That and they recognize that Black and Gold is the best color scheme. That and we all realize that "Renegade" is still a cool song to rock out to and at least we can say speak with a memorable accent. Also we lack morals that tie down other fandoms and will continue to revel in success because our owners aren't incompetent jagoffs :unsmigghh:

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy
So basically you're confirming that Steelers fans are the worst human beings ever

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
Look man, not all Steelers fans are obese drunkards that fled the wasteland of western PA to infect the rest of America.

Just me.

Maxwells Demon
Jan 15, 2007

Fenrir posted:

So basically you're confirming that Steelers fans are the worst human beings ever

The Steelers are the best fans because they make every other fanbase feel guilty about being fans, thus reducing the evil of overt fandom.

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.

achillesforever6 posted:

Also we lack morals that tie down other fandoms and will continue to revel in success
I like how even the most feminist of all female Steeler fans I know can instantly defend not just one, but both, Big Ben rape accusations as extortions because of course they wanted to get with Big Ben.

Any other situation they basically say anytime a women accuses a man she should 100% be believed and never questioned, but Big Ben, of course he was innocent.

SOME PIG
Aug 12, 2004

Hittin' Switches,
Twistin' wigs with
Phat Radical Mathematical type Scriptures

achillesforever6 posted:

Also we lack morals that tie down other fandoms and will continue to revel in success because our owners aren't incompetent jagoffs :unsmigghh:

Miami is my fandom- I'm trans-dolphin! My headmates are Bob Griese, Dan Marino, Zack Thomas, and Jason Taylor. Pronouns are Fin/Fins/Finself :downs:

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Cruel and Unusual posted:

The Browns have had horrible things just happen to them for no clear reason. The Lions have just sucked. The history of the Browns is full of cosmically unfair moments that are beyond explanation. The Lions are pretty easy to explain. Also, the entire city of Cleveland is shrouded in misery, while Detroit at least has the Red Wings. Anyhoozle, that's why I think Lions fans are angrier than Browns fans.

Me and my dad had season tickets to the Lions from 2001-2006 and I have volunteered in the worst parts of Detroit but the Browns stadium is the most abjectly miserable place I've ever been. Clevelanders in my experience are always optimistic about the Indians and obviously have had a lot of fun with the Cavs since Lebron but the Browns are more like something that they are forced to watch every week as punishment.

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china

dethkon posted:

Miami is my fandom- I'm trans-dolphin! My headmates are Bob Griese, Dan Marino, Zack Thomas, and Jason Taylor. Pronouns are Fin/Fins/Finself :downs:

Same here, except only Joe Rose. Dude rules.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Maxwells Demon posted:

The Steelers are the best fans because they make every other fanbase feel guilty about being fans, thus reducing the evil of overt fandom.

It's bizarre.

Like within five seconds of meeting of a person that is not a native of Pittsburgh? They'll instantly be :smug: as hell about the amount of rings their team has won.

Most of the people in Ohio who support them have barely spent 2 hours in Pittsburgh to boot. ("I hate that city. I got robbed there and I'm never coming back. and no, I've never eaten at Primanti Bros. But Go Steelers! 6 Rings!"). They also barely know anything about football, yet really enjoy rubbing the fact that the Browns are awful in our faces all the time.

Like I don't understand the whole chip on the shoulder thing from those peeps. We get it. We cheer for a godawful abomination on sunday. No one cares.

As for our fans? We're a decent bunch I guess. We always hope for the best, but we expect the worst. Someone said that the Browns fanbase is one part Green Bay Packer, and one part Philadelphia Eagles. The muni lot is pretty insane when we suck, and I want to see how it would look like when we'd be remotely relevant.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Febreeze posted:

Pats fans are the worst.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8Vjd_hdYYw

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

I would say it's the Bills, but you also have the times when they throw themselves off the upper deck and crush the fans they land on.

Not cool, Bills fans.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

WalletBeef
Jun 11, 2005

Bills_season.gif

Beefed Owl
Sep 13, 2007

Come at me scrub-lord I'm ripped!

ManMythLegend posted:

In Denver I was taking a break from work and thought I would go to a small diner to eat some food and watch some early football games and I found out it was a Jags bar. It was LOADED with Jags fans and I had to leave because there was no room to even breathe. It was a small diner/bar though, and as usual the fans were depressed... :(

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Bills fans are the gift that keeps on giving.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SH5Lq6T9rw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

It must be lake effect weather. That must be what makes native Bills fans so loving weird. Like, if they just fought everyone, it'd be easier to explain. But instead they're putting themselves through tables and slapfighting one another.

I say this as a Bills diaspora fan.

I think it was the 4 consecutive Super Bowls without a win. It caused a fanbase-wide Nihilistic breakdown. "We will never be successful at football, life is fleeting and pointless, let's do coke off $1 bills and finger each other in the stands".

Too Much Razor Cake Makes One Stupid.

Gyro Zeppeli fucked around with this message at 10:50 on Oct 10, 2015

• Locked thread