Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Many fanbases claim to be the "best", whether its the Browns for still showing up despite years of mediocrity and no sign of getting better, or Oakland who cosplay every weekend as Mad Max era goons, or Texas A&M who also cosplay as members of the military. This thread is for finally determining which fanbase is truly the "best". Best in this scenario has many definitions, and I will not constrain anyone to any particular definition.

Right now, the Buffalo Bills are making a run the best fans.

Between that and the handjobs and weekly fingerbangings Buffalo is a strong contender. Still, they have to contend with the historical SEC teams which include a Texas Highway Patrol officer almost getting hit with terrorism charges after dumping a bunch of herbicide on Auburn's centuries old trees simply because he "had too much Bama in him".

Also, the local police departments get in on the fun.

This is for the weekly wonders that is fans of terrible NFL franchises, SEC teams, and any other ridiculous football fans (which is all of us, we just aren't all as notable as others).

Toss in your nominations as they appear, and maybe we will have some kind of tournament at the end of the year to decide once and for all who the "Best" fans are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Fans dump manure on kicker's lawn

They're all we have and for the most part we're drunk farmers. It can be a little bit too much at times.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

:colbert:

Bengals fans are by and large a docile bunch. Probably the best Bengals fan is Big Ol Marsh Pussy.

SlipUp
Sep 30, 2006

stayin c o o l
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkYheL5dULY

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
*is a jets fan*

*unceremoniously departs thread*

edit: http://deadspin.com/5735852/victory-sled-ends-tragically-for-one-happy-jets-fan

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
Current Jags and Titans fans because if you stick through all that, you are a good person.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

Athanatos posted:

Current Jags and Titans fans because if you stick through all that, you are a good person.

We're also known for not giving a poo poo who shows up to our games. Not only do we have people showing up at Everbank not just wearing the other team's gear, but jerseys from football teams not even playing there. Last week, I saw three dudes in Bengals jerseys. Separate groups. WHY? I know tickets are cheap, but we were playing the Panthers.

A least they got the cat-theme memo. Maybe they were just trying to be clever.

But yes, the guy behind us at the game was a Panthers fan, he complimented us on being hospitable. Yaaaay we like being nice.

edit: Oh, hey. Now that I think of it...

Good luck against the Jets tonight.

Suspect Bucket fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Sep 21, 2015

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Tennessee fans are the best in my completely non-biased opinion. This was something organized by the fans, for the fans. The University helped raise awareness of it but they didn't give out t-shirts or do anything aside from that. You went to a website, punched in your seat number and it told you what color to wear. Here was the result:

(the smatterings of blue are from the florida fans that attended)

We did this last year against Florida and this year against Oklahoma. Really cool achievement that will probably never be done again because we lost both games by going into the 4th quarter with a shutout lead and somehow wound up losing the games.

Still pretty cool though.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK
I think the Chiefs win this competition. After all, we are the loudest :smug:

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE
The Jaguars because what they lack in quantity they make up in quality

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Parmesan Basil posted:

I think the Chiefs win this competition. After all, we are the loudest :smug:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Vv5CsP1pAg

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

pasaluki posted:

The Jaguars because what they lack in quantity they make up in quality

Has a Jaguar fan ever given himself alcohol poisoning by butt-chugging? I dont think so. :colbert:

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I started thinking about doing an ironic post showing how great the Seahawks' 12th man is, but I don't think I could have finished without blowing my brains out.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
The Giants have the best fanbasehahaha gently caress no, we are all terrible

I think the Bills fans are indeed the best. They are a snakebitten franchise on the same level as the Browns or Lions but they carry none of the inherent misery those fanbases seem to have. No matter how often the Bills go full Bills, the fans are optimistic and supportive. The Bills could be the worst team in the league and the fans would still get drunk, party and love them. It's a sharp contrast to Cleveland fans who go in expecting the worst. Bills fans are eternally optimistic and it's admirable.

I'd put the Jags at second.

Pats fans are the worst.

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.

Febreeze posted:

Pats fans are the worst.
No way, not until they invade every corner of the country. I live in North Carolina and have watched football in 30 different bars and I have yet to discover one without tables full of loud rear end Steeler fans.

I've always liked Raiders fans. Their team has been just horrible from every aspect for 14 years now and they are still locked in at the start of the season.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

MindlessHavok posted:

Has a Jaguar fan ever given himself alcohol poisoning by butt-chugging? I dont think so. :colbert:

Florida Man is a Bucs fan I'll bet

SOME PIG
Aug 12, 2004

Hittin' Switches,
Twistin' wigs with
Phat Radical Mathematical type Scriptures
I like the Raiders in the NFL, for the same reasons that have already been said, plus they're just mean. Also the Eagles for having that jail underneath Veteran's. Hate Pat's fans.

I'm a good Dolphins fan, but nobody else is. I know this because their last playoff appearance was blacked-out for me in Naples, about 100 miles away, due to lack of attendance. I mean it was several years ago now, but that has pissed me off ever since. Who can't fill up their own stadium for a loving playoff game? The Fins, apparently.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Ribsauce posted:

I have yet to discover one without tables full of loud rear end Steeler fans.

True Pittsburghers only have an outdoor voice. It comes from generations of massive Eastern European families that have 219 conversations spread over 32 people at Thanksgiving, Christmas, Easter, someone's First Communion, or whatever.

SlipUp
Sep 30, 2006

stayin c o o l
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-teMkx2vgA

AFC North fans best fans.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Packers fans are generally fat and jolly, like Santa Claus. Except drunk. And we want to get you drunk. Not the best but p good.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

That call was so much bullshit. As a bonus, same loving ref this week decided to retroactively call a pre-snap penalty against the Titans to take away a loving turnover. Like, Titans run play, Mariota scrambles and fumbles, Browns recover, refs signal change of possession, TV timeout, Browns offense takes the field, chains get set up , whoops nevermind, we totally should have blown a whistle and thrown a flag before the Titans ran the play because they snapped the ball at 0.

loving dipshit should be fired.

edit: Titans not Texans.

wilderthanmild fucked around with this message at 15:51 on Sep 22, 2015

Trin Tragula
Apr 22, 2005

Canada would like in on this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dIaLtLKERJQ

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

wilderthanmild posted:

That call was so much bullshit. As a bonus, same loving ref this week decided to retroactively call a pre-snap penalty against the Texans to take away a loving turnover. Like, Texans run play, Mariota scrambles and fumbles, Browns recover, refs signal change of possession, TV timeout, Browns offense takes the field, chains get set up , whoops nevermind, we totally should have blown a whistle and thrown a flag before the Texans ran the play because they snapped the ball at 0.

oo a three team football game

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

EvanTH posted:

drat it! :negative:

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Suspect Bucket posted:

Florida Man is a Bucs fan I'll bet

That was a reference to UT but yeah probably

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
Jets fans are huge piles of poo poo and heaven forfend we ever have an actually good team because any loser-lovability is gonna turn into Jersey Superdickishness so fast yikes. Jets fans already weigh more than Packers fans

Primetime
Jul 3, 2009

Febreeze posted:

I think the Bills fans are indeed the best. They are a snakebitten franchise on the same level as the Browns or Lions but they carry none of the inherent misery those fanbases seem to have. No matter how often the Bills go full Bills, the fans are optimistic and supportive. The Bills could be the worst team in the league and the fans would still get drunk, party and love them. It's a sharp contrast to Cleveland fans who go in expecting the worst. Bills fans are eternally optimistic and it's admirable.

Agreed on bills being the best. I'm a bit biased since I've lived here forever, but even though the first season I cared about ended with the music city miracle, I'm still optimistic every year.

It's amazing how easily we will latch on to any glimmer of hope. T.O., fitzpatrick, Mario Williams, and now Rex to name a few have resulted in an entire city pumped for a 16-0 season. I don't think there's been a single season where we expected to be a train wreck the way other bottom tier teams tend to.

SlipUp
Sep 30, 2006

stayin c o o l

wilderthanmild posted:

That call was so much bullshit. As a bonus, same loving ref this week decided to retroactively call a pre-snap penalty against the Titans to take away a loving turnover. Like, Titans run play, Mariota scrambles and fumbles, Browns recover, refs signal change of possession, TV timeout, Browns offense takes the field, chains get set up , whoops nevermind, we totally should have blown a whistle and thrown a flag before the Titans ran the play because they snapped the ball at 0.

edit: Titans not Texans.

Tagliabue forcing the refs to get back on the field to finish the game was pretty great.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Georgia had a dude from Spike Squad last week wearing Sting's face paint. That should count for something.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Georgia had a dude from Spike Squad last week wearing Sting's face paint. That should count for something.

Counter point: Assaulting grown rear end adults that bark at you should be legal.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

EvanTH posted:

Thank God some else saw that. I thought my eyes were messing with me

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

MindlessHavok posted:

Counter point: Assaulting grown rear end adults that bark at you should be legal.

Come on Havok remember that naked dude leaning out of his window that weekend you came here?

Our fans are just misunderstood free spirits.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

We have a really good tarp.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Come on Havok remember that naked dude leaning out of his window that weekend you came here?

Our fans are just misunderstood free spirits.

YUP

whatis
Jun 6, 2012
the morning after the loss to the pats, a guy in front of rex ryan at a coffee shop paid for rex's coffee and said "don't worry, we'll get them next time"

and then he offered him a handy

SOME PIG
Aug 12, 2004

Hittin' Switches,
Twistin' wigs with
Phat Radical Mathematical type Scriptures
What's up with Buffalo's handjob/fingerbang thing? I haven't been paying attention.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

in buffalo it is considered rude not to stick your hand up your neighbors rear end in a top hat at a game

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

Report From Buffalo: Kiko Alonso Jersey Traded For Blowjob

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

whatis posted:

the morning after the loss to the pats, a guy in front of rex ryan at a coffee shop paid for rex's coffee and said "don't worry, we'll get them next time"

and then he offered him a handy

I figured since it's Rex they'd have offered him a footjob instead

• Locked thread