Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Let's dispel with this fiction that Marco Rubio is running for president

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Goodnight lil' Marco

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Little Marco just wants to go home, drink a thimble of beer, and go to sleep in his own matchbox

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

MarcoRubio
Feb 3, 2016

Are you ready for a New American Century?

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

EngineerSean
Feb 9, 2004

by zen death robot
I also love Tecmo Bowl.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
Rubio on suicide watch hes right clicked win32.sys and is hovering over delete.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Where does Rubs go from here?

Back to the Senate? lol, as if he was ever there in the first place

The governor’s mansion?

A position in the Romney administration?

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
To a bar where he sits all day and drinks ice water.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

kstreet most likely, which is what he always wanted.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Platystemon posted:

The governor’s mansion?

A position in the Romney administration?

Two words:

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Platystemon posted:

He's not even running for Senate again, he decided not to so he could focus on running for President.

:smugdog:

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

WampaLord posted:

He's not even running for Senate again, he decided not to so he could focus on running for President.

:smugdog:

Also because he's hated in Florida and wouldn't have won.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

we'll probably see if that's true because I doubt he's dropped his plans to run for gov. how does the dem bench look? do we have any idea who his opponents are likely to be?

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Zas posted:

we'll probably see if that's true because I doubt he's dropped his plans to run for gov. how does the dem bench look? do we have any idea who his opponents are likely to be?

I don't think he'll be running for Gov anymore. I read that Trump beat him everywhere in Florida except his home precinct. Ouch.

Cornflakes
Dec 3, 2006

PK loving SUBBAN posted:

I don't think he'll be running for Gov anymore. I read that Trump beat him everywhere in Florida except his home precinct. Ouch.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...0317-story.html

Yep! He's not running for governor. Or so he claims now. I reckon he'll take a good gig as a lobbyist to pay off his debts and then go from there.

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

i think he'll go be a lobbyist and maybe we'll hear from him in a few election cycles. he's still young, he will tell himself. maybe he'll get rich and gently caress off. i think the dude will be ok tbh

gwen graham, who was one of the only democrats to unseat a republican incumbent in 2014 and did it in a light-red district, is the democratic candidate for governor i've heard the most about. maybe charlie crist, who's probably gonna be st petersburg's house rep next year, will serve one term there and gently caress up another gubernatorial campaign

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe
YOU FOOLISH LITTLE FOAM BOI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERY4MahvGtI

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

oystertoadfish posted:

i think he'll go be a lobbyist and maybe we'll hear from him in a few election cycles. he's still young, he will tell himself. maybe he'll get rich and gently caress off. i think the dude will be ok tbh

gwen graham, who was one of the only democrats to unseat a republican incumbent in 2014 and did it in a light-red district, is the democratic candidate for governor i've heard the most about. maybe charlie crist, who's probably gonna be st petersburg's house rep next year, will serve one term there and gently caress up another gubernatorial campaign

i can't believe i thought charlie crist would be the r nominee come 2012 in some bygone era

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

he's a proud liberal democrat now ya gotta keep up

also i said he hosed up a gubernatorial race but no, i was wrong, i guess it was the 2010 rubio senate election he hosed up, in his short period as a proud principled independent. in 2014 he just lost to a felon skeleton straight up because that's how america rolls esp in midterm election years

maybe some floridians still hated him iono. i was there in elementary school, i had an atlas of florida with a forward by lawton chiles, a politician ill always love no matter how much bad poo poo there is to learn about him, i need to get my parents to find that poo poo. but i moved to live in/near a succession of places/roads named after confederate traitors in virginia which was ironically way less skanky than floridaj

oystertoadfish has issued a correction as of 07:01 on Mar 18, 2016

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

to be fair to myself even though i was an idiot franken democrat in those days, it was 2008 when "moderate" republicans were thought to have a chance

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

in 2008 there were blue dog democrats and moderate republicans, in 2012 that poo poo was quaint (a couple northeastern republicans, downballot poo poo in appalachia, dems still hold the kentucky state house against all odds, random conservative d governor won over the diaper baby in louisiana, there's always exceptions, but still). i think when the autofellatiating weirdos who decide when the nth political systems begin and end get some historical perspective they'll put 08/10 as a dividing point for the 5/6 or 6/7 transition
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sixth_Party_System

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo

Cornflakes
Dec 3, 2006

Death of a Mannequin: Marco Rubio's Last Day

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/death-of-a-mannequin-marco-rubios-last-day-20160318

this is really good

quote:

The fatal streak running through the Rubio narrative was the same one that runs through so many conservative candidates. For someone bound by blood to the cult of the self-made entrepreneur as the only non-cop/soldier of any value as a citizen, Rubio merely spent two awkward belches in the private sector amid a career built on taxpayer dollars, donor largesse and patronage. He was a career politician and glad-hander calling out government cronyism with a sense of self-awareness so broken that he couldn't weather the barest standards of his own ideology.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Love me some rubio obituaries

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Agreed

quote:

Over the course of his career, Rubio was slapped with the well-deserved label of someone not especially interested in his current job except as a vehicle for applying for the next one in between meeting rich people. He almost immediately ditched the West Miami Commission for the Florida House, then displayed a chronic absenteeism while there. This is not necessarily a liability in the party that rejects almost all government functionality as tyranny, and it was no obstacle to entering the U.S. Senate, where his work allergy metastasized into outright contempt for the concept. By October, 2015, one of Rubio's core arguments for his candidacy was give me the most important job in the world because I don't feel like doing my current one.

Alucard Nacirema
Apr 22, 2008

by exmarx
SE Cupp told me that his time will come and he will one day be president!

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
Small boy crushed by huge Trump. RIP.

Bruegels Fuckbooks
Sep 14, 2004

Now, listen - I know the two of you are very different from each other in a lot of ways, but you have to understand that as far as Grandpa's concerned, you're both pieces of shit! Yeah. I can prove it mathematically.

boniface ripped marco to shreds.

crowoutofcontext
Nov 12, 2006

EYES ALWAYS ON THE CAMERA

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Little Marco Rubio was the best nickname

smg77
Apr 27, 2007

etalian posted:

Little Marco Rubio was the best nickname

Every other nickname this election has paled in comparison.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

smg77 posted:

Every other nickname this election has paled in comparison.

I loved all the Little Marco photoshops.

Too bad we didn't get a big Don and Little Marco ticket.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe
It's LIDDLE Marco! L-I--D-D-L-E, Liddle! Get it right!

:sad:

• Locked thread