Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

we don't have a Rubio thread yet so here we go.

does no one else think he sounds EXACTLY like Matt Damon????

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice
who?

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Ralp
Aug 19, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
His campaign manager, or whoever, wrote him a pretty good bottled water joke for his opening remarks in the last debate, and it fell completely flat. That's the only interesting thing I can think of to say about Rubio.

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...

Ralp posted:

His campaign manager, or whoever, wrote him a pretty good bottled water joke for his opening remarks in the last debate, and it fell completely flat. That's the only interesting thing I can think of to say about Rubio.

Well if it fell sparkling I think he would appear too rich and not be appealing to the blue collar worker, so maybe falling flat was a good thing.

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Ralp posted:

According to the person I know on his staff, they begged him not to do it because they felt a water joke in California was in bad taste due to the drought. Executive decision!

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

I want to hear a joke with the potential to turn around Rubio's campaign. Because so far the biggest joke I see is Marco himself.

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
No abortions ever

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Grey Fox posted:

According to the person I know on his staff, they begged him not to do it because they felt a water joke in California was in bad taste due to the drought. Executive decision!

"I'm also aware that California has a drought. And that's why I made sure I brought my own water," Florida Sen. Marco Rubio said during his opening statement as he pulled out a water bottle with a grin on his face.

lmao.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Powercrazy posted:

"I'm also aware that California has a drought. And that's why I made sure I brought my own water," Florida Sen. Marco Rubio said during his opening statement as he pulled out a water bottle with a grin on his face.

lmao.

It's bad taste since it reminds californians on how their lovely utopia is getting destroyed.

stephenfry
Nov 3, 2009

I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.

etalian posted:

It's bad taste since it reminds californians on how their lovely utopia is getting destroyed.
"lol" - William Mulholland

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

so loving thirsty

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
Marco Whobio is more like it. . .

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Lord of Pie posted:

so loving thirsty

the colbert parody of this moment was really sensual.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe
Rubio is actually ludicrously young for a Presidential candidate. He was born in 1971, making him 10 years younger than Obama. If he wins that will make him 45, and people said Obama was young taking office at 47.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Patter Song posted:

Rubio is actually ludicrously young for a Presidential candidate. He was born in 1971, making him 10 years younger than Obama. If he wins that will make him 45, and people said Obama was young taking office at 47.

If

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

Yes, I'm on my phone. You know I meant that he'd be 45 on taking office.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

A Neurotic Jew posted:

Marco Whobio is more like it. . .

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
Rubio is technically the sexiest presidential candidate, but he doesn't have much competition this cycle.

Reaganball Z
Jun 21, 2007
Hybrid children watch the sea Pray for Father, roaming free
Marco Polio

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Too soon.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Him?

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

I like how he threw his lot in with a immigration compromise and then got torn apart by his own party.

Hilario Baldness
Feb 10, 2005

:buddy:

Grimey Drawer
Dude gives Obama a run for comically large ears

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
"Rub one out for Rubio"

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

maybe if he's an anti vaxxer

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Gonna be kinda sad when he gets shanked by Captain Hook

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)
It is hard to tell because everyone has so many negatives at this point, but overall, I would say Rubio would be my plurality choice to win the nomination. He seems to be the only candidate who would be acceptable to the Tea Party and the Establishment.

Of course, that is just my old brain thinking that Trump, Carson or Fiorina will burn out. Maybe they won't.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

glowing-fish posted:

It is hard to tell because everyone has so many negatives at this point, but overall, I would say Rubio would be my plurality choice to win the nomination. He seems to be the only candidate who would be acceptable to the Tea Party and the Establishment.

Of course, that is just my old brain thinking that Trump, Carson or Fiorina will burn out. Maybe they won't.

The Tea Party already seems to hate him for whatever insane reason.

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Vox Nihili posted:

The Tea Party already seems to hate him for whatever insane reason.

"he's "Mexican""

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
I think he's the best choice the GOP has, certainly better than Bush! He's the only candidate who hasn't egregiously embarrassed himself this election, he's handsome, and he doesn't have a negative legacy or exceptionally privileged life to mitigate. Maybe he'll actually get the nom :shrug:

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Jeb! seems like he's veering towards loving himself over like Walker with his funds. You can't put it all in the superpac, ya dingus.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
Flopsweat Elemental

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

numbers people are saying rubio can win once others drop out due to being the top second choice but i dont think he has the charisma to pull it off. if he did win the primary i think hed be very easy to beat in the general because hes a weakass dweeb

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

TEAYCHES posted:

numbers people are saying rubio can win once others drop out due to being the top second choice but i dont think he has the charisma to pull it off. if he did win the primary i think hed be very easy to beat in the general because hes a weakass dweeb

Every Nominee will be Romney, forever

Whiskey Sours
Jan 25, 2014

Weather proof.

Jewel Repetition posted:

Every Nominee will be Romney, forever

Romney is really amazing. He's run for political office 4 times, and lost 3 of those. He didn't even bother running for re-election in Massachusetts. He's the biggest loser in American politics, but he was far better than any other candidate in the 2012 primary. And he's still better than every candidate in the 2016 primary.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

TEAYCHES posted:

Scuttlebutt is that Jeb! backers are looking to Rubio if Jeb! doesn't get his poo poo together really soon.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

TEAYCHES posted:

I think he has some charisma but that might just be the juxtaposition with Bush, Cruz, Walker, etc. He seems downright personable, relatively speaking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

Lol at ppl being nostalgic for Romney

• Locked thread