Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Durandal1707 posted:

Before Fluker the last two guys we drafted in the first round at o-line were Jim Lachey and James Fitzpatrick in 85/86 respectively. If you expand it to the first two rounds, the last guy they took before Fluker was Marcus McNeill and that was seven years prior. They've been hit and miss at best in FA with it also; for every success ala King Dunlap, you have Jared Gaither becoming so lazy he blackballed himself out of the league.

It might not be exciting, but the Cowboys (and I think Pittsburgh's also? a Steelers fan can correct me on this) recent history has shown that there some merit to doing this when you already have a top-tier QB and good talent at the other skill positions in place. Because what the Chargers have been doing regarding their line isn't working.
I would also like to.compliment Coach D (our OL Coach) for doing the best he can with the garbage fire he has to work with

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Ross Angeles posted:

I would also like to.compliment Coach D (our OL Coach) for doing the best he can with the garbage fire he has to work with

There's no chance he gets unfairly fired for this line, right?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Cavauro posted:

There's no chance he gets unfairly fired for this line, right?

I would be very, very surprised if he does.

The OC on the other hand...

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Durandal1707 posted:

Before Fluker the last two guys we drafted in the first round at o-line were Jim Lachey and James Fitzpatrick in 85/86 respectively. If you expand it to the first two rounds, the last guy they took before Fluker was Marcus McNeill and that was seven years prior. They've been hit and miss at best in FA with it also; for every success ala King Dunlap, you have Jared Gaither becoming so lazy he blackballed himself out of the league.

I'm still stunned this worked out so well. Or worked out at all.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

OxySnake posted:

It's not the NFL, but this was the best ending to a game I've ever watched.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqIBNX0CXDc

This isn't the Boise fiesta bowl!

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy

Claw Massage posted:

Did someone mention Vick and game ending td's?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62vbpWj3zOU

trigger warning that poo poo

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

sean10mm posted:

Actually smugness is even embraced here when it's entertaining, like EATIN SHRIP or whatever his ring-based name is now.

NC-17 puts in the leg work, but Eatin' Shrimp is definitely my favorite Pats poster.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Cam Heyward's PFF score from last night was +9.8 :stare:

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

sportsgenius86 posted:

Cam Heyward's PFF score from last night was +9.8 :stare:

I'm glad he turned into a good pro, I just wish it was for like, any other team. Stop drafting OSU players Steelers :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

The_Raven posted:

Well, so much for Hardy being ineffective... Of course, if he wasn't playing the Tackle Formerly Known As Nate Solder, and (as someone else noted) the Cowboys offense was on the field long enough for Belichick to make the necessary protection adjustments sooner in the half, if might have been less of a Brady beatdown early on.

This is one of the dumbest things I have ever read lol

• Locked thread