Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scaly Haylie

my allergies just kicked into gear this week and it sucks, it's like my whole life is being experienced through a vague dust of shittiness. i just took a claritin, what else can i do?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Take some Mucinex to dry out your sinuses and hot showers to clear out your head. If Claritin is the only thing you've been taking for awhile consider trying another OTC allergy medicine in case you're building up a tolerance to your current one.

Also: Bubble Boy

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

mags

I am a congenital optimist.
get so high you don't care

paul_soccer12 posted:

everyone in the idf must die

(USER WAS PERMABANNED FOR THIS POST)
Scaly Haylie

Splatmaster posted:

Take some Mucinex to dry out your sinuses and hot showers to clear out your head. If Claritin is the only thing you've been taking for awhile consider trying another OTC allergy medicine in case you're building up a tolerance to your current one.

it's not too mucus-y of an allergy, just a miasma of blah and some sniffles. also i don't usually take claritin because it's not usually this bad. i did take a shower and i guess i feel a little better, but there's still this tiredness and the bad blahfeel behind my eyes.

...am i still describing an allergy?

mister magpie posted:

get so high you don't care

i wish i could afford to...

Scaly Haylie fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Oct 22, 2015

Weekend Bridges

by Smythe
Develop a crippling epipen addiction.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Scaly Haylie

i'm startin' to feel claritin clear you guys! :unsmith:

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

Lizard Wizard posted:

i'm startin' to feel claritin clear you guys! :unsmith:

Goldmine

Scaly Haylie

holy poo poo i should start taking this every day

Doghouse

I was playing Harvest Moon 64 with this kid who lived on my street and my cows were not doing well and I got so raged up and frustrated that my eyes welled up with tears and my friend was like are you crying dude. Are you crying because of the cows. I didn't understand the feeding mechanic.
Yeah take it every day it's more effective that way, I started doing that this year

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

Doghouse posted:

Yeah take it every day it's more effective that way, I started doing that this year

Scaly Haylie

one weird old trick doctors probably want you to know, actually

mags

Lizard Wizard posted:

holy poo poo i should start taking this every day

weed or claritin

paul_soccer12 posted:

Scaly Haylie

mister magpie posted:

weed or claritin

yes (i don't have weed though)

mags

claritin is definitely more expensive than weed

paul_soccer12 posted:

Scaly Haylie

my parents have one but not the other

fema crisis actor

bweee-ooo-eee-ooo-eee-ooo

Lizard Wizard posted:

one weird old trick doctors probably want you to know, actually

ty bacalou!

fema crisis actor

bweee-ooo-eee-ooo-eee-ooo
doctor: seriously, its just allergies, please take some claritin

lw: can you check for lou gherigs again pls

ty bacalou!

Android Blues

this summer my eye allergies got so bad i had to sleep with a wet towel over my eyes and a fan blowing on the towel. it was low. i felt like a clammy monster returning to her coffin to soothe her fear of the terrible Day Pollen

what im saying is, if they kick up again, you can know release + the sensation of death by emulating a universal monster, perhaps the thing from the black lagoon (several towels all over body) or wolf man (one towel twisted into side burn shapes)

Piso Mojado

I am not allergic to a single thing that I know of. it's great

Scaly Haylie

okay i don't think it's allergies at this point, just inflammation and dry eyes. will be trying eyedrops and ibuprofen tomorrow.

cat_herder

BE GAY
DO CRIME

I take a shitload of antihistamines every day, it's p much hell. my mom freaks out that I'm still conscious with them all (a bunch of them cause drowsiness).

that said, flonase is good for inflammation + allergies, because it's a corticosteroid. it's also cheaper than nasalcort, afaik. go find a coupon online, there are dozens. also, it smells like you're huffing roses :3:

Scaly Haylie

meteloides posted:

I take a shitload of antihistamines every day, it's p much hell. my mom freaks out that I'm still conscious with them all (a bunch of them cause drowsiness).

that said, flonase is good for inflammation + allergies, because it's a corticosteroid. it's also cheaper than nasalcort, afaik. go find a coupon online, there are dozens. also, it smells like you're huffing roses :3:

i'll keep that in mind. that said, down the hatch with the profen!

ChairmanMeow

Fire up the grill everyone eats tonight!

meteloides posted:

I use to get this in a prescription when I lived in LA. I couldn't breath out there. I went to doctor here with my last sinus infection and was like I used to get a thing that burned and smelled like roses and she just looked at me like I was crazy. She gave me something else that was poo poo. Happy to know what it was!

yeah actually they will
BYOB PROJECT: Let's trick the OP into taking the wrong combination of over the counter medication, ultimately killing them

Scaly Haylie

it's eye strain...i can scarcely look at my laptop screen... :smith:

cat_herder

BE GAY
DO CRIME

ChairmanMeow posted:

I use to get this in a prescription when I lived in LA. I couldn't breath out there. I went to doctor here with my last sinus infection and was like I used to get a thing that burned and smelled like roses and she just looked at me like I was crazy. She gave me something else that was poo poo. Happy to know what it was!

it doesn't burn my sinuses at all but I guess ymmv. glad to help!

also, I forgot to mention, it can cause nosebleeds, so be careful and keep tissues handy.

no they will not posted:

BYOB PROJECT: Let's trick the OP into taking the wrong combination of over the counter medication, ultimately killing them

oh please, I'm loving good at this.

cat_herder fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Oct 23, 2015

Scaly Haylie

another ibuprofen and a good long shower with a warm washcloth over my eyes later i'm feelin' quite better!

dogdisaster

by Lowtax
i'm using allegra and it's alright, benadryl at night. some gal showed me the sinus pressure points you can push on for relief, although you look really goofy doing them

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Scaly Haylie

never have i been so grateful for the tears that accompany early morning and late night yawns

also how do i make byob dark?

ChairmanMeow

Fire up the grill everyone eats tonight!
a lot of talk about your child hood, death of a loved one maybe.
clips of the last season of rick and morty

vv I'm sorry man, I know it's a thing, but I don't know how. feel better

ChairmanMeow fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Oct 23, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scaly Haylie

ChairmanMeow posted:

a lot of talk about your child hood, death of a loved one maybe.
clips of the last season of rick and morty

no like physically, please it's important

there was something called nite.css???

• Locked thread