Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

Level Slide posted:

I hope there are still stories in the weapon description and one of them vaguely describes a sickly young girl who succumbed to her rapidly failing health amidst a town that slowly went insane from some unknown affliction.

The Lighthouse Keeper in the Seaside town has spent 50 years thinking her husband is alive but traveling but he's been dead all that time, everyone in town is in on it and they let her believe this because she's the only one who knows how to operate the Lighthouse.

I can't wait for Nier Automata to make even more assholish people and quests.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

i found all my crap so im playing nier now.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

someoe give me a copy of nier for free, and aso the 360 game sakaguchi directed i foreget what it's called atm

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

goddamn I have to find a copy of Nier already

also those robots in the trailer remind me of studio Ghibli films, which rules and i want this game

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
Platinum needs to make a Berserk game

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Platinum should make a dark souls game!!!!!!!

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
yeah, they prolly should

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
they should make more of their own games

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

elf help book posted:

they should make more of their own games

kamiya's xbone game is flying into xbones this winter OP. "Bone on, and bone hard." -- Steve Ballmer.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

mysterious loyall X posted:

kamiya's xbone game is flying into xbones this winter OP. "Bone on, and bone hard." -- Steve Ballmer.

oh yea...

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014
The soundtrack to the original Nier is one of the greatest musical masterpieces of all time and this has the same composer and vocalist on board. I'm as hyped for the soundtrack as I am for the gameplay.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wmc3yji0G84

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
the way the layers of the music in the final boss fight fade in and out during each phase shift ending with just the little music box notes playing at the end was very powerful

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

this thread is kinda making me regret selling my ps3...

pulsor93
Mar 3, 2015
Hello, reason #2 to get a PS4.

And this means I must sadly playthrough the entire Drakengard saga. :suicide:

Ludwig van Halen posted:

this thread is kinda making me regret selling my ps3...
Fortunately, this game will be for the PS4.

Pewdiepie posted:

Now the Japs are copying Last of Us and you gently caress tards are going to eat it up. Sigh. Whats next?
...you do know that the original NieR was made in 2010, right?
And that the series it spun off from started in 2003.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
It is my mission in life to get a ps4 by the end of the year.

SombereroLad
May 18, 2006

WAHAHAHAHAHA
Fun Shoe

SunAndSpring posted:

yo me too

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE
the music in the Automata trailer is up there with the best tracks from the original Nier OST so basically what I am saying is Keiichi Okabe is still on top of his game and Automata is gonna oooooown

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Q: Why did you guys make her a female?

Yoko: “Because I like girls.”

Saito: “We requested Akihiko Yoshida to make ‘an outfit that’d be good for cosplay’.”

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

SunAndSpring posted:

Wii U here. I promised myself that 2015 would be the Year of the Wii U. It's not looking good for me... 2016 the Year of the PS4 will soon be upon me

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

having to work to grind money to power your gaming is increidbly hosed up and wrong int his gamers opinion

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014

pulsor93 posted:

And this means I must sadly playthrough the entire Drakengard saga. :suicide:

NieR has like nothing to do with Drakengard and stands completely on its own so just play that instead

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book posted:

Saito: “We requested Akihiko Yoshida to make ‘an outfit that’d be good for cosplay’.”

I like girls too

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Bolverkur posted:

having to work to grind money to power your gaming is increidbly hosed up and wrong int his gamers opinion

when i get home from doing that i can sometimes be too tired to play the games which is also no good

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

In Training posted:

I like girls too

Girls are sooo hot lol.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
I'm going to buy and play Nier, and then this game when it comes out. From screenshots of this and the 1st Nier it really seems like the dudes who make these games can design a world!

Dec 26, 2012

elf help book posted:

japanese devs understand

Ausmund
Jan 24, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER
between toro directing, the composer returning, this is going to be the best thing platinum has made, mark my words. i still need to play drakengard 3.

Relin posted:

ive read nier was a horrible grindfest and collectathon, c/d
Only the sidequests are, and youre not required to do them, and shouldn't, they're pointless. You do have to replay the last 1/3 or so of the game to get all the endings though, which is absolutely worth doing. After you have all your endgame gear you can blow through that last third pretty quick.

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

Ausmund posted:

between toro directing, the composer returning, this is going to be the best thing platinum has made, mark my words. i still need to play drakengard 3.

Only the sidequests are, and youre not required to do them, and shouldn't, they're pointless. You do have to replay the last 1/3 or so of the game to get all the endings though, which is absolutely worth doing. After you have all your endgame gear you can blow through that last third pretty quick.

i got drakengard 3 and frankly its kinda bad lol. just a lot of running in a straight line and mashing square against a bunch of enemies. the girl you play as is a cool psycho though

Ausmund
Jan 24, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER
aw poo poo, is the story good at least?

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

Ausmund posted:

aw poo poo, is the story good at least?

ui havent played it much but it seems cool enough so far. you play a girl who wants to murder her sisters so she can be the only intoner in the world, intoners being these song sorcerors

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

i havent played it either but i'm pretty sure the story is the only reason that people talk about it in positive ways.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

not so much the story, but the characters. like in nier

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

elf help book posted:

Thank god there's still some developers in this industry with some loving sense.

• Locked thread