Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

etalian posted:

could someone post that picture of Jindal, with the we demand to be taken seriously line

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

lol

thethreeman
May 10, 2008
Fallen Rib

oystertoadfish posted:

hey thanks

one of those guys was saying edwards is gonna kill education in louisiana, what's that all about? what should i watch for to see how that lil prediction turns out

His wife is a public school teacher, and he's got the strong support of public teachers' unions. So basically supporters of charter schools are worried... I feel like I remember anecdotes back in the day about how charter systems got a lot of support there by filling education voids in LA post katrina, but who knows

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

thethreeman posted:

His wife is a public school teacher, and he's got the strong support of public teachers' unions. So basically supporters of charter schools are worried... I feel like I remember anecdotes back in the day about how charter systems got a lot of support there by filling education voids in LA post katrina, but who knows

yeah i figured it might've been charters

one of the guys on that ace of spades google hangout from last night said he was a public school teacher and he was apparently deeply worried about the future of education under edwards and such. no specifics

he also said edwards beat vitter like a prostitute in a back alley and he was drinking liquor out of the bottle on camera which don't seem like incredibly good things for a public school teacher to be doing on a google hangout from a self-preservation standpoint

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
I just assumed every public school teacher drinks liquor straight from the bottle on occasion. I know I sure would!

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

and for all i know, rural louisiana school teachers have to encourage the dehumanization of sex workers as part of the curriculum

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

PT6A posted:

I just assumed every public school teacher drinks liquor straight from the bottle on occasion. I know I sure would!

Of course. It's not like they can afford anything decent that shouldn't be chugged.

unwantedplatypus
Sep 6, 2012
I'm glad just this once rural Louisiana hasn't flushed our government down the toilet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

unwantedplatypus posted:

I'm glad just this once rural Louisiana hasn't flushed our government down the toilet

You just need to build a time machine and bring Huey Long to the present

• Locked thread